• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [18/10/06] : Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJellett

International Debutant
Username: DJellett

Division: Victoria

Team Name: Melbourne Phoenix
Progress: NO MATCHES PLAYED

WILL BE UPDATED

ash chaulk

International Captain
Username: ashchaulk

Division: Western Australia

Team Name: Viveash
Progress: won all 5 games 3 cup games and 2 league games.

auscricket

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Username: AndrewKnight
Team: Knights
Region: New South Wales

Won 2 cup games, lost third today, won 1 league game, lost 1, have a psycho player with average of 100

gio

U19 Cricketer
I've just signed up for this... is it worth playing? It looks promising with all the features etc.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Username: Obelix

Region: T & T

Team Name: Asterix XI
Progress: #1 in III.13, won two from two so far.

Match in progress at the moment, batted first and currently cruising at 211-0 after 33 overs. Cuss is 103* (105), and Bridge is 96* (96). In three games, Cuss has scored 122, 93* and 103*, giving him an average of 318. :wacko:

Last edited:

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Username: Superkingdav :p

Region: Lancashire

Team: Lancashire
2nd Division IV.60 (won 2 from 3) - probably go down to 3rd after all games are played but no one has a 100% record - in same league as kwek (Chris.hinton has lost his team)

The Baconator

International Vice-Captain
Username: alexc
Region: Warwickshire
One Day League: #8 in IV.13
Team: 11 of the best.

Lost first 2 games, looking to make some transfers.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Adamc said:
Match in progress at the moment, batted first and currently cruising at 211-0 after 33 overs. Cuss is 103* (105), and Bridge is 96* (96). In three games, Cuss has scored 122, 93* and 103*, giving him an average of 318. :wacko:
Ended up with a solid total:

Asterix XI 334-2 (50)

S Cuss 160 (157)
L Bridge 119 (117)
R Berry 34* (26)
S Gillespie 6* (3)

Top knocks from both the openers, unfortunately Cuss had to get out in the last over to ruin his average. :@ Would've been 375 if he remained not-out, now it's a mere 187.5.

Hopefully we'll be able to defend that, although the wicket is a belter, and the team I am currently playing against scored 328 last week (chasing 343). Gillespie took 8-30 last week, but none of my other bowlers are particularly good.

EDIT: Gillespe gets two wickets in his first three balls. :)

Last edited:

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
User Name: Sam Vimes

Team Name: Dynamo Morpork
Progress: #4 in III.13, won one from two so far, on my way to a third victory. Good team effort (including a three-for from a bowler who's in abysmal form!) saw the opponents all out for 176, opening batsmen taking a leaf out of my book as they've crawled to 59 for no loss after 13 overs. Well paced chase. :)

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Adamc said:
Ended up with a solid total:

Asterix XI 334-2 (50)

S Cuss 160 (157)
L Bridge 119 (117)
R Berry 34* (26)
S Gillespie 6* (3)

Top knocks from both the openers, unfortunately Cuss had to get out in the last over to ruin his average. :@ Would've been 375 if he remained not-out, now it's a mere 187.5.

Hopefully we'll be able to defend that, although the wicket is a belter, and the team I am currently playing against scored 328 last week (chasing 343). Gillespie took 8-30 last week, but none of my other bowlers are particularly good.

EDIT: Gillespe gets two wickets in his first three balls. :)
Ended up winning comfortably. They collapsed from 152-3 to 161 all out in 34 overs. Owen took 4-29 (7), Oddy 3-36 (10) and Gillespie 2-22 (5), to win by 173 runs. Owen's 4-29 included a hat-trick, the fourth I've seen in three matches. :wacko: Excellent form shown by everyone today to remain at no. 1. Owen was MotM, though Cuss should've got it for his 160 IMO.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Samuel_Vimes said:
User Name: Sam Vimes

Team Name: Dynamo Morpork
Progress: #4 in III.13, won one from two so far, on my way to a third victory. Good team effort (including a three-for from a bowler who's in abysmal form!) saw the opponents all out for 176, opening batsmen taking a leaf out of my book as they've crawled to 59 for no loss after 13 overs. Well paced chase. :)
:-O You lost! What happened?

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
http://www.battrick.org.uk
Username:Kweek
County:Hampshire
teamname: VCC

won 4 lost 1, 2od 2 frieldlys and lost one od'r

I had a bit of a down to earth thingy...last match i made 395 and bowled them out for under 100
this match i made 318 and they chased and won it :(

cricketboy29

International Regular
the other team had 6 runs left to win, in the third last over, with three wickets remianing, and what happens?, a hattrick by my strike bowler in the last three balls of his spell!!!!.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Match time again, trying to keep my spot on top of the league after winning 3 from 3 so far. Playing against probably the strongest opposition I will encounter in the league, as they've won 6 from 7 so far, including 2 from 3 in the league matches.

Won the toss at home and sent them in to bat on a green deck. For some reason they decided to open the batting with two guys who averaged zero, and, true to form, they both got out for ducks to Berry (the captain). Their no. 3 (a proper batsman, this time) was run out, leaving them 9/3. They managed a decent comeback, but lost two quick wickets to be 57/5. Their no. 4 led a steady recovery, before falling for 52. They have just started accelerating again with a brief barrage of boundaries, and are currently 159/6 in the 39th over. At this rate they're probably looking for 220-230, but hopefully a couple of wickets sometime soon will keep their score down.

All of my bowlers have bowled pretty well thus far:

Gillespie: 0-20 (5)
Berry: 3-33 (7)
Owen: 2-39 (9)
Oddy: 0-26 (10)
Booth: 0-28 (8)

Status
Not open for further replies.