• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [18/10/06] : Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

33/3from3.3

International Vice-Captain
Drunk XI vs Rharfo XI

i won the toss and bowled 1st

bowlers
prest 5-1-7-1
woolner 9-2-18-2
gilroy 6-1-12-1
mckenzie 5-1-17-4 . :D
muirhead 5-1-24-0 :dry:

end of over 31- 92/8 rr-2.97
russel - 1(1)
owen - 30(44)

oh 2 wickets in 1 over by mckenzie gives him 6-2-17-6 amazing

33/3from3.3

i won my game chasing only 92 with 35 overs left
Nutter got unbeaten 42*(36)
and also made a much helpful 52 run partnership with Dickson 27*(26)
Stearman made a quick cameo of 9(4)
Turley made a steady 15(25) before being dismissed by an amazing catch(aparently)
Mckenzie 6/17(6)
Woolner chipped in well with 2/18 (9)
Gilroy and Prest got 1/12 and 1/7 contributed aswell\
bowler of the match- Mckenzie
batter of the match-Nutter
motm(of my team)-Mckenzie

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Good job Paddy.

Won my friendly v brenoevo's side comfortably enough, 311/9 v 158/10. Bit disappointing to lose so many wickets but a decent batting performance without Cuss, Bridge and Gillespie. A couple of my recent purchases did OK, Sellars with 66 and Challis 51, though Berry did the damage with 107* off 86. All my bowlers took wickets, no standouts though.

The player names database has been expanded a bit this week - one of the new additions that I noticed was Craig Mqabukonyongolo (he's a pom, apparently). Also, there's a Michael Kasprowicz on the market at the moment. He can't bowl (3...2...1...). Funnily enough the team that has the current highest bid on him is named 'Oz Test XI'.

Last edited:

PY

International Coach
Three pops.

Chanderpaul now batting proficient/stamina woeful and Liyanage bowling respectable/concentration competent.

Wish my all-rounder Singh would pop, he's like BT rating of over 11,000 with batting feeble/bowling feeble but extremely strong secondaries.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Stamina: abysmal Wicket Keeping: feeble
Batting: abysmal Concentration: mediocre
Bowling: feeble Consistency: feeble
Fielding: woeful
18year old

my yp...keep or not ?

ash chaulk

International Captain
ok i noticed the bt ratings went to 0 then came back and i now have players with the wrong rating eg garrick from 16 166 to 6000

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think I escaped the odd BT rating changes, had 3 pops - batting, concentration and fielding. Expecting at least 4 pops next week.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Not many pops here, just one stamina and one concentration pop for Malik. He should be popping in batting and bowling next week or two weeks at most. Some big BTR changes because of the missed training for the last two weeks, Cuss up 3,116 to 20,738, and 7 others going up by 800-1,200. Five players went down a little bit but none of them are important apart from Gillespie. Seven players went up in form, only one going down. Now got eight players in superb form (including all five main bowlers) and another three strong.

Last edited:

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
4 pops this week, Islam popped to mediocre in concentration which isn't much use as he's a bowler.

Abdul Kadir popped in stamina, batting and concentration

4. Satish Abdul kadir - 17 yo, BT Rating=6,087
LH Batsman, LFM Bowler, strong form, lively
(proficient batting form, superb bowling form)
A defensive player with feeble leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: feeble
Batting: respectable Concentration: mediocre
Bowling: feeble Consistency: woeful
Fielding: feeble

from my 1st XI 3 are in superb form, 7 in strong and one in respectable

33/3from3.3

Rharfo XI Drunk XI
Top Order: worthless feeble
Middle Order: abysmal woeful
Lower Order: abysmal abysmal
Seam Bowling: woeful feeble
Spin Bowling: worthless feeble
Fielding: woefuL feeble

this is my match report
not bad

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
33/3from3.3 said:
Rharfo XI Drunk XI
Top Order: worthless feeble
Middle Order: abysmal woeful
Lower Order: abysmal abysmal
Seam Bowling: woeful feeble
Spin Bowling: worthless feeble
Fielding: woefuL feeble

this is my match report
not bad
lol i lost by 264 runs and my ratings were

competent
mediocre
abysmal
competent
mediocre
competent

andyc

Had no pops here, which is really annoying. Hessenthaler and Giles must be due for one any minute.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Interesting exercise I saw elsewhere - add up the ratings of your first XI players in the following areas, so that worthless = 1, competent = 6, respectable = 7 etc.

Batting (all 11)
Bowling (your five main bowlers only)
Fielding (all 11)
Secondaries (conc + cons, all 11)
Stamina (all 11)

Mine:

Batting - 66
Bowling - 38
Fielding - 47
Secondaries - 85
Stamina - 46

Lots of batting, bowling's OK, fielding and stamina not as bad as I thought, but secondaries are rubbish.

If I drop my respectable bowler and play Berry as an allrounder, I get batting - 71, bowling - 37.

Last edited:

andyc

Batting- 47
Bowling- 27
Fielding- 36
Secondaries- 94
Stamina- 46

Hmm not all that bad I guess. Fielding's pretty bad, and my lower order brings the batting down a lot, which is greatly helped by my new proficient youth pull

33/3from3.3

Nice idea adam

Batting -45
Bowling - 28
Fielding - 37
Secondaries - 80
Stamina - 34

hey
Andyc your team and mine are pretty equal ish
ive already got a friendly this week but can i count on a match against you next week

andyc

33/3from3.3 said:
Nice idea adam

Batting -45
Bowling - 28
Fielding - 37
Secondaries - 80
Stamina - 34

hey
Andyc your team and mine are pretty equal ish
ive already got a friendly this week but can i count on a match against you next week
Sure

Our ratings are pretty different but I am slightly worried about the state of my team if a brand new team adds up to similar numbers...

Status
Not open for further replies.