• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [18/10/06] : Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
top 4 table in my league:

Team Pld Won Tie Lost Points Net RR
1. VCC 11 9 0 2 36 26.36

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. The Trains 11 7 1 3 30 17.62
3. Lancashire 11 7 0 4 28 -0.66
4. Fløtepusene 11 5 1 5 22 -2.89

Hoggy31

International Captain
Im playing the bottom side tomorrow so im resting Colley, Haughton, Binns and Gillan. Hopefully it won't backfire against me..

Hoggy31

International Captain
:( :( :(
Well, well, well.. I lost and now im third...

Made 5/304 then they made 5/305 with 1 over to spare..

So angry right now

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
I think I can safely say that there's a big chance of me winning the league.
after another great win over dave im 6 points clear.

. VCC 12 10 0 2 40 28.00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. The Trains 12 8 1 3 34 20.74
3. Lancashire 12 7 0 5 28 -2.30
4. Fløtepusene 11 5 1 5 22 -2.89

with Flotpusene and the 2nd last to go, i think ive won it :)

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Won my league match against the #5 comfortably despite some ordinary bowling. Lost the toss and the opposition batted, making 267/10 in 48.4 overs. Gillespie was predictably the pick of the bowlers with 6-42 (9.4), and Badley did okay taking two wickets in his first ever attempt at opening the bowling. Still a pretty ordinary effort against a weak team though.

My batsmen didn't have any trouble after an early wicket, Cuss (predictably) leading the way with 118, his sixth century in twelve innings. Gillespie put in a good allround performance, hitting 75 to add to his six wickets to earn MotM honours. Passed the total four wickets down in the 43rd over.

Looks like I'm going to finish second, unless someone upsets the current #1. I'm eight points ahead of 3 and 4 so I doubt they'll overtake me. Cuss currently tops the league for runscoring, with 1138 runs @ 162.57 (SR 100.00) and Gillespie has the most wickets in the league, with 44 @ 10.80.

Next match is a friendly against ash chaulk's team, I don't really fancy my chances... :(

ash chaulk

International Captain
i just wrapped up the title when the second placed team lost giving me a 2 game advantage there is still a possiblity of being knocked off but rr shows to be greater... but i do have to play 2nd and 3rd for the last 2 games

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Good game Ash, didn't think I'd win after three of my best batsmen made ducks. I was pretty happy to restrict you to 189/10, especially after you were 180/4. Partridge did well on debut (1-24 off 10) and Owen found some form with 3-21, Gillespie good as usual with 4-26. I was more worried about your bowling tbh, looks like you've got some awesome bowlers.

I thought I'd pretty much lost the match when I lost three wickets in one over to be 32/3, Barrett and Gillespie making ducks. Lucky that Wainwright only bowled a five-over spell, otherwise I would've been struggling I think. But good batting from Cuss (71 off 49), Bridge (54* off 64) and Gillete (46* off 51) got us over the line by 5 wickets in the 30th over.

Hoggy31

International Captain
Must win game for me on Friday, if i lose i can kiss top spot goodbye

Playing my full-strength side on 'Go For It'

ash chaulk

International Captain
Adamc said:
Good game Ash, didn't think I'd win after three of my best batsmen made ducks. I was pretty happy to restrict you to 189/10, especially after you were 180/4. Partridge did well on debut (1-24 off 10) and Owen found some form with 3-21, Gillespie good as usual with 4-26. I was more worried about your bowling tbh, looks like you've got some awesome bowlers.

I thought I'd pretty much lost the match when I lost three wickets in one over to be 32/3, Barrett and Gillespie making ducks. Lucky that Wainwright only bowled a five-over spell, otherwise I would've been struggling I think. But good batting from Cuss (71 off 49), Bridge (54* off 64) and Gillete (46* off 51) got us over the line by 5 wickets in the 30th over.
yeah i tryed experimenting with some players i bowled wainwright as number 5 didnt work and my batsmen didnt fire but a good game!!!

Hoggy31

International Captain
Won my match today against the fourth placed team

They won the toss and batted first, We bowled 'em out for 167, Longrigg taking 3/44 and Townshend taking 5/24

Make 168/4 in reply off 38 overs, Street top scoring with 34.

Currently in 3rd place, 1 game and 2 nrr off first and one game off second(who i play this week) Only chance of getting top now is if they lose to the third last team (which is very unlikely). Just how costly was that loss to the last team...

Hoggy31

International Captain
I don't get the system so can someone explain, I'm most likely gonna finish second so where does that put me?

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Hoggy31 said:
I don't get the system so can someone explain, I'm most likely gonna finish second so where does that put me?
I think you'll stay in league IV, because there are 48 human leagues in Australia. In WI (where I am) there are only 16 leagues so the top 2 from each league get promoted to II. You might get promoted to III though, I'm not really sure.

I'm going to finish second unless a major disaster strikes, so I'll be in WI II next season. :)

nibbs

International Captain
Hamshaw just scored his third career 100. about time i reckon. I'm hoping to finish 3rd this season, with the aim of promoting to division II next season...

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Won my league match yesterday to secure promotion. Batted first on a dusty pitch, making 328/4. Cuss only made 20 (dropping his average down to 144.75), but that gave Bridge (109) and Berry (104) a chance to hit centuries in a 198-run stand. Gillete (36* off 30) and Rocastle (39* off 26) finished off the innings well.

The bowling started off well but deteriorated towards the end, allowing them to get to 310/6. Gillespie took 4-64 to take him to 48 league wickets this season, and one of my transfers took 2-44 in his first game for my team.

I was hoping that the #1 team would lose to give me a shot at the #1 spot, but they won their match in the last over, so they'll have to lose the next match very heavily for me to have a chance. I think i'll settle for #2 then. :)

nibbs

International Captain
woah. i'm hoping that next season my lads might be able to promote. we looking likely to finish 3rd this season. i made 342/4 in the end, hamshaw scoring 120 off 107, while fry ended the innings unbeaten on 86 off only 65 balls. from there it was just a matter of bowlers taking care of business. ended up winning by 171 runs...

Last edited:

ash chaulk

International Captain
guys you can check out your league ranking and whether your going to get promoted if you goto

country details and then click on promotion..

im currently 25th in australia and am in a promotion spot :)

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Big win in the friendly. Batted first and decided to let the wicketkeeper Gillette open, after batting at 6/7 for most of the season and not getting much of a bat. He got us off to a good start with 58 (though a bit slow - 97 balls). Cuss and Gillespie were in awesome form and put on 157 in about 20 overs. Gillespie fell for 89 off 69 balls, but Cuss went on to make 165* off just 126, his eighth century in 20 matches (including friendlies). Berry hit 24* off 12 at the end. Ended up with 353/2.

Gillespie picked up four wickets in his first four overs, but couldn't get a fifth (4-39). Berry (3-22) and Partridge (2-36) finished them off for 177 in 40 overs. Gillespie's picked up 76 wickets in 20 matches this season, but the next highest is only 28. Need to find another bowler to support him if we're going to be competitive in div II next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.