• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [18/10/06] : Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

ash chaulk

International Captain
Hoggy31 said:
Yeh, Well done on the win mate, You pretty much creamed me in the end. Broke my 6 game winning streak.

And yeh Colley is a gun
its only a friendly i wouldnt call it a streak breaker.

sorry i called you adam mate i thought i was playing him

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Nice win Steds. :) I'm trying to challenge you but it says you've already got a friendly arranged, even though it doesn't appear on your fixtures page. I'll try again later.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Adamc said:
Nice win Steds. :) I'm trying to challenge you but it says you've already got a friendly arranged, even though it doesn't appear on your fixtures page. I'll try again later.
Challenge made, accept if you like. :)

Picked up a competent batsman on the transfer market for 5k. Now got 8 batsmen who are competent or better; wish I had as much depth in my bowling lineup though.

DJellett

International Debutant
Ladies and gents, we have a nailbiter on our hands...

CP Serpents 8/270 (50)

Umpirehunters 4/250 (47)

I think I (Serpents) may be in a little trouble...

DJellett

International Debutant
Nooooooooooooo......lost it on THE LAST BALL :(:(:( Hit for 4 last ball of match to lose...heart breaking for a young team in their second game...

Hoggy31

International Captain
DJellett, I challenged you..

Won my game against the top side (before this game) to move to the top of the table, Very happy with the win and the top spot, considering i play the worst and one of the worst sides in the last two games.

Clown Posse
130 all out
Gillan 4/30 (7o)
and what about this - Townshend 5 overs, 5 maidens, 3 wickets for 0 runs
and Longrigg also took 3/38 (9.3o)

Knocked off the runs easily

WA 131/1 (28.4o)

Colley made 66 of 80, First time he has opened the batting

Hoggy31

International Captain
So do all the people who finish 1st go into the highest league and all the people who finish 2nd, 3rd and 4th go into the next best league, etc.

Is that how it works?

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Hoggy31 said:
So do all the people who finish 1st go into the highest league and all the people who finish 2nd, 3rd and 4th go into the next best league, etc.

Is that how it works?
No one is sure how it works yet, but there's supposed to be an announcement in around 2 weeks.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Won my league match in the end after a little scare. I was playing the 2nd-lowest ranked side in my league, so set the match orders to 'take it easy' so my team could recover some fitness. Almost backfired.

Lost the toss and bowled first, and they made 266/9. Should have had them out for much less, given they were 151/5 after about 35 overs. Gillespie had a poor game by his standards, but ended up with 3-43 due to wickets off his last two balls.

The batting began pretty disastrously, losing my best two batsmen (Cuss and Berry) for 1 & 5 respectively, which was a pretty big loss considering both players average over 100 (Berry's average has now dropped to 99.43 :-O). Experimented with Gillespie opening the batting, but he fell for 36 to leave us in a bit of trouble at 72/3. Fortunately my other 100+ batsman (Barrett) was in decent touch adding 146 with regular opener Bridge, batting at no. 5. Bridge's return to form was encouraging, leading the chase with 99*. Barrett made 79 and Gillette 24* to secure a six-wicket win in the 48th over.

Next up: Steds. ;)

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Lost my damn League game, but we're all pumped up at the thought of taking on Adamc's team tomorrow.

ash chaulk

International Captain
check out my all rounder guys.... he opens the batting and bowling too

Andy Wainwright (70224)
RH Batsman, RF Bowler, strong form, Healthy
A destructive player with strong leadership skills and abysmal experience.

Plays For: Viveash
Nationality: Australia
Battrick Rating: 11,758
Wages: £940 p/w

Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: respectable Concentration: competent
Bowling: competent Consistency: respectable
Fielding: woeful

Batting Stats:
M I R n.o. Ave SR HS C st 50s 100s
Season 15 15 956 7 119.50 83.28 124 2 0 6 3
Career 15 15 956 7 119.50 83.28 124 2 0 6 3