• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [18/10/06] : Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
hmm friendly going pear shaped. managed to restrict them to 270ao when they were 230 odd for 2, my 17yo spinner took five for 40odd including a hattrick to finish things off.

But im 79-2 after 12 and i've only really 3 decent batsmen and 2 are out. Magloire on debut is 32* from 34.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Dynamo Morpork scored 314-4 against me on a hard and fast track, they only scored 74 in the last 10 against my worst 2 bowlers... kinda confirms my suspicions about the last 10 overs being a bit of a lottery on battrick. I was hoping that there'd be an obvious difference between my 2 weakest bowlers so I could decide on one when I play on the same type of wicket in the ODI league, but they took 0-68 and 1-75... so not much help there.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Scaly piscine said:
Dynamo Morpork scored 314-4 against me on a hard and fast track, they only scored 74 in the last 10 against my worst 2 bowlers... kinda confirms my suspicions about the last 10 overs being a bit of a lottery on battrick. I was hoping that there'd be an obvious difference between my 2 weakest bowlers so I could decide on one when I play on the same type of wicket in the ODI league, but they took 0-68 and 1-75... so not much help there.
Good bowlers grab a bucketload of wickets in the late overs, though. Just watch friar Tuck :p

Scaly piscine

Samuel_Vimes said:
Good bowlers grab a bucketload of wickets in the late overs, though. Just watch friar Tuck :p
Well since my 3 respectable bats have raced back to the pavilion despite being on merely aggressive and on a batting favoured wicket I don't think we'll make the late overs of this one. Opening bowlers that are spin bowlers should get annihilated as well...

Scaly piscine

Samuel_Vimes said:
What do you call 5-0-33-1? Sounds like a good thrashing to me...
Not really, only 6.6 an over, should be 8+

That is assuming there's supposed to be some fielding restrictions in the first however many overs.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Well it's been a nice slogathon so far against PY, batted first and made 356-6 with Cuss hitting 100 off 76 and Berry 96* off 80, various other small contributions throughout. Interestingly, Cuss was runout on the last ball of the 25th over, so he could've gone on to something huge... Cuss then opened the bowling and took 2 wickets in his fifth over. :D

Code:
9.6 	W	Cuss to Rampaul
 	 	plays all round a straight one and is plumb in front
9.5 	.	Cuss to Rampaul
 	 	inside edge, past the stumps, sq leg doing the fielding
9.4 	W	Cuss to Ahmed
 	 	outside edge, Malik waiting for it at backward point and an easy catch as Ahmed finds his way back to the changeroom
Probably not going to see that one too often. He's been my best bowler so far... no one else has taken a wicket. PY is 114-2 after 25.

EDIT: Another wicket for Cuss! :p Gillespie just picked up three wickets, Cuss finishing his spell with 10-0-46-3. Currently 133-6 after 30.

Last edited:

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
my youth team lost by 47 runs, 10 of 11 players got into double figures but only one made it past 23 and he scored 46. Do friendlies have any affect on members/sponsors etc because i might have to start playing a proper side if they do

Scaly piscine

Looks like my side might make it to the late overs against Dynamo Morpork after all, no doubt Tuck will get a hattrick or something now...

Although I agree the good bowlers do get tons of wickets in the late overs... Gillespie does it frequently for Asterix XI.

Scaly piscine

Haven't seen this commentary before:

42.3 3 Prest to Armstrong
He’s dropped him in the deep. His captain won’t be happy. That could haunt them later.

First drop I've seen in commentary.

Scaly piscine

Usual crock with a godlike bowler on a flat pitch taking 3-4 off 2 overs in the last 10, absolute nonsense.

Would be nice if the game made was vaguely realistic in the last 10 overs at some point in the future.

ash chaulk

International Captain
The Australian International Team looks too strong to be true we have all rounders with over 20000BT ratings no player is under strong in alll catagories

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Thanks for the game PY. :)

Asterix XI 356-6 (50 overs)
Cuss 100 (76), Berry 96* (80), Barrett 40 (34);
Chanderpaul 2-54 (10), Malik 2-59 (10)

Boggles 155-10 (35.2 overs)
Singh 53 (87), Abdul Kadir 40 (59);
Gillespie 3-13 (5), Malik 3-41 (7.2), Cuss 3-46 (10)

MotM: Cuss (100 and 3-46)

Not a bad match for me, most of my guys had either a bat or a bowl. 356 was a decent score, though I was hoping to crack 400 since I had everyone on very attacking. Cuss was great on his bowling debut, removed the top three. I wouldn't use him in a league match, but he could be a useful part-time bowler in FC matches, along with Berry. Good to see Badley economical again, 1-21 from 8 overs, hopefully his days of conceding 70 runs in ten overs are behind him now.

My reporter's summary ratings went down a bit from last match, probably because I changed the batting order and let Cuss bowl. This match probably won't make a huge change to selection for next match, as I'm playing the bottom team in my league. Should be a fairly easy match, they've only got two good batsmen (openers) and one good bowler, and their morale will be very low as well. Not sure if it's worth playing on TIE or not, as the fitness will just level back to fair by the time I want to GFI, so it's probably not worth it.

nibbs

International Captain
btw doods,

1. Lancashire - superkingdave
2. AA For President! - marc71178
3. Scaly Piscine CC - scaly piscine
4. Jamees 999ers - jamee999
5. Boggles - PY
6. Viveash - ash_chaulk
7. Boulevard Bombers - roseboy64
8. Whenuapai CC - nibbs
9. Kipper XI - cameeel
10. Magical Ponies - andyc
11. Got Spin - got spin
12. College Dropouts - brenoevo
13. Bushpigs - kears_falcon9
14. Robertinho Select XI - robertinho
15. WA - hoggy31

we need just one more side to fill up this cup. OH COME ON, hak ;D. or AdamC, ffs... woah-yeah! hopefully we might be able to get this thing up and running in the next fortnight

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
nibbs said:
btw doods,

1. Lancashire - superkingdave
2. AA For President! - marc71178
3. Scaly Piscine CC - scaly piscine
4. Jamees 999ers - jamee999
5. Boggles - PY
6. Viveash - ash_chaulk
7. Boulevard Bombers - roseboy64
8. Whenuapai CC - nibbs
9. Kipper XI - cameeel
10. Magical Ponies - andyc
11. Got Spin - got spin
12. College Dropouts - brenoevo
13. Bushpigs - kears_falcon9
14. Robertinho Select XI - robertinho
15. WA - hoggy31

we need just one more side to fill up this cup. OH COME ON, hak ;D. or AdamC, ffs... woah-yeah! hopefully we might be able to get this thing up and running in the next fortnight
As I said, I'm already in another cup. If you can't find someone by the end of this week I'll pull out of the other one, but you should be able to find someone by then.

andyc

Anyone get any good pops?

Andrew went to mediocre bowling, which means he's back in the team after originally not being selected for this week's game. And I can finally get rid of Ohara

nibbs

International Captain
Adamc said:
As I said, I'm already in another cup. If you can't find someone by the end of this week I'll pull out of the other one, but you should be able to find someone by then.
ohhh adam!

Status
Not open for further replies.