• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [18/10/06] : Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
King_Ponting said:
my mistake.... how do i get involved?
Sign up at www.battrick.org.uk... massive waiting list though. I posted this a while ago:
Me said:
Waiting list by country:

Australia - 339
England - 1356
India - 20
NZ - 117
Pakistan - 116
RSA - 87
SL - 10
WI - 95

I'd suggest you try SL or India if you want a team quickly.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Won my friendly pretty easily the other day. Lost the toss and bowled - they scored 266/9. Gillespie in fine form again with 6-31, but not much from the other bowlers. Owen bowled a good first spell, 2-20 off 6, but got hit around later on. Doesn't really make it any easier for me in terms of selecting the bowlers for the next match, since only one is in form.

Chased down the total in 45 overs, losing only two wickets. Cuss made yet another century (135* off 128), his sixth in ten innings. Berry hit 74 and Rocastle (who I bought last week) 31*. Extends my winning streak to six. :)

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
steds said:
Wahoo! I finally get a team.
Yeah, the seven week inactive limit just passed so there are quite a few new managers now. Did you get one Dylan?

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Interesting match in progress at the moment, playing against the current no. 1 in my league; will go to no. 1 if I win.

Lost the toss, they batted and made 220-10 in 46.5 overs on a green deck; fairly evenly poised given that they have the best bowling attack in the league. Basically Gillespie bowled brilliantly for me, and everyone else was so-so. His opening spell yielded 5-2-5-1, then came back to destroy the middle and lower order with 3.5-1-11-6, giving him overall figures of 8.5-3-16-7. Last time we played this team he got 8-30 as well. :) The bulk of their runs came from their no. 3 who made 104, and batted pretty much through the whole innings.

Should be able to chase that down, particularly with Cuss (212.75), Barrett (264) and Berry (124.4) all averaging over 100. The batting order is fairly long though, so I will hopefully be able to manage it even if I lose early wickets.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Battrick feed said:
21.6 1 Malcolm to Lester
slower delivery, bit of lift, pushed out to long on for an easy single as the fielder runs in from the boundary
21.5 2 Malcolm to Lester
Good running, he pressurised Howe into the error.
21.4 b4 Malcolm to Lester
gets a lucky break as the ball clips his pads and evades Ross to race away to the boundary. Yet the umpire has given byes!
21.4 nb. Malcolm to Lester
no ball, outside the off, stayed low, bat withdrew as Ross fields
21.4 nb1 Malcolm to Pollard
no ball, wide of off, steered down to 3rd man, Nicol fielding
21.3 . Malcolm to Pollard
Pollard middled that but a fine stop at backward point stops any runs.
21.2 1 Malcolm to Lester
wide of off, guided to 3rd man for an easy single
21.1 . Malcolm to Lester
on the front foot, cut to point
Some over - two no-balls, six runs off extras, just need seven to win now. Plus I got four leg-byes. Batting needs to sort itself out, though... :mellow:

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Argh, two of my top four run-out. :@ Including Cuss. Oh dear. 3-36, not fancying my chances now.

I find this piece of commentary a little curious:

12.6 6 Burdett to Barrett
hit the ball so hard at the ground it had to be prised out!

A six... hit into the ground. :blink:

Last edited:

Hoggy31

International Captain
Abosolutely slaughtered the other team

Made 6/373 off my 50 overs

Haughton making 108 of 75 and Stubbs making 88 of 63

Dismissed the other team for 103

Binns taking 4 for 2!!

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
I slaugheterd more :D
I made 356/3
and i bowled them out inside 10 overs for 32! HAHAHA

ash chaulk

International Captain
Good match adam

got a hattrick with my kiwi spinner

i also used my new rookie batsmen Nash who made 50

your keeper colley looks good.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Won my friendly comfortably enough. Sent in, scored 340-2, bowled them out for 272 in 44.2 overs. It was the usual suspects who did the hard work though:

Berry 103* (79)
Barrett 93* (73)
Cuss 73 (65)
Gillespie 61 (85) & 7-33 (7.2) (MotM)

Still haven't got my last two bowling places sorted out.

Last edited:

Hoggy31

International Captain
ash chaulk said:
Good match adam

got a hattrick with my kiwi spinner

i also used my new rookie batsmen Nash who made 50

your keeper colley looks good.
Yeh, Well done on the win mate, You pretty much creamed me in the end. Broke my 6 game winning streak.

And yeh Colley is a gun

Status
Not open for further replies.