• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [18/10/06] : Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Well for my top of the table match i've decided on the following tactics:

Quintin*(proficient/mediorce): attacking @ normal
Nurse (respectable/woeful): destructive@attacking
Clayton+(strong/mediorce): steady@defensive
Ellis (strong/competent): defensive@defensive
Ferrier (strong/feeble): destructive@normal
Muralitharan (proficient/feeble): defensive@defensive | (proficient/feeble) def@attacking (3)
Obeysekera (respectable/fee): defensive@defensive | (competent/fee) def@def (5)
Allison (respectable/fee): steady@normal
Dowdall (worthless bat) | (proficient/feeble) defensive@normal (1)
Kinsella (abysmal bat) | (respectable/mediorce) cautious@normal (4)
Jeithoon (abysmal bat) | (proficient/feeble) defensive@normal (2)

I probably going to bat first and try an build a decent total. Hopefully Nurse and Quintin will get off to a decent start and then Clayton and Ellis can block out their gun spinner. If that fails then hopefully all my batsmen get some starts and build a decent total.

When i comes to the bowling im hoping that Dowdall or Jeithoon can knock over a couple of their Top 4, after that they got no batsmen. But if they don't by keeping them at normall they don't go for too many runs. I decided to put Murali on attacking as he is my best bowler now, especially on a dusty pitch, so im going to back him to try and run through the middle/lower order if we get past their top order.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:

cricketboy29

International Regular
Just bought this guy. Still wondering if he was worth the price I paid...

Mansukh Ghandi (786681)
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, sublime
A destructive player with worthless leadership skills and abysmal experience.

Plays For: Sad Decadent XI
Nationality: India
Battrick Rating: 10,217 (-68)
Wages: £984 p/w
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: respectable Concentration: mediocre
Bowling: respectable Consistency: feeble
Fielding: feeble

Got him for 950K.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Taking me 4-5 slow attempts to get into this thread every now and then, again I hope a mod locks it and starts a new one.

Oh and yea that team looks fine and 950k is a lot of money for a double respectable but then with the market is it's hard to say whether it's over the odds.

PY

International Coach
Think enough people have said that a new thread would be a good idea and no-one has made a big fuss about it.

Only worry now is Trev and what he'll do if he's still googling to get here but we'll deal with that when it comes. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.