• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [18/10/06] : Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Bad luck nibbs, looks like you're going down. The team that beat me in the cup last week won their cup match this week by nine wickets, and got the following ratings:

Code:
Reporter's Summary
  	The Bosstones 	Doobie Bombers
Top Order: 	sensational 	proficient
Middle Order: 	proficient 	competent
Lower Order: 	feeble 	abysmal
Seam Bowling: 	superb 	respectable
Spin Bowling: 	strong 	respectable
Fielding: 	competent 	mediocre
That's them on the left. Insane.

nibbs

International Captain
not bad at all...

i was bowled out for 118 in the end. i feel sapped and drained. sad day for my team. what a gutless effort.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Wow, I somehow won.

Magical Ponies 279 (49.4 overs)
Kenna 109 (138)
Williamson 107 (114)
Sutton 21* (19)

Sutton came in at number four, and only faced 19 balls for his not out, because the rest of the batsmen didn't last longer than 11 balls, as I went from 3/243 to all out for 279.

Academy 267 (49.3 overs)
Redding 84 (84)
Emblen 36 (41)
Bonner 35 (55)
Cave 4/51, Giles 2/36

I went to school with them about 1/100 at a very good rate and I thought I'd lost, so I was very pleased when I came back. Giles is a new spinner I bought and so I am very pleased with him. I also got my highest rating yet.

Magical Ponies
mediocre
mediocre
abysmal
mediocre
mediocre
mediocre

andyc

Adamc said:
Just looked at your scorecard, interesting:

MOTM: None Awarded

:confused1
Lol I know! You'd think Williamson, Kenna, or maybe even Cave would have gotten it...

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
GoT_SpIn said:
Yeah, oh well ill take it :P really need to improve my bowling though
I'll be having a mid-season stocktake sale in a few weeks (selling at least five players), make sure you don't miss it. ;)

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Adamc said:
I'll be having a mid-season stocktake sale in a few weeks (selling at least five players), make sure you don't miss it. ;)
Wouldnt miss it for the world, really need atleast two new bowlers

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Adamc said:
Same here, although for sale read "giveaway" as my players are all rubbish!

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
training updates were ok, no primaries, but Islam's fielding and concentration popped and Websters stamina popped to competent and his concentration to respectable, hopefully his batting will pop soon.

Bob Webster - 18 yo, BT Rating=8,253
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, competent form, Healthy
A steady player with competent leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: competent Concentration: respectable
Bowling: woeful Consistency: respectable
Fielding: mediocre

Scaly piscine

Bleh, I've had just 2 pops in the training for each of the last 3 updates now - 3 from my 21 yo all-rounder and 3 from my 17 yo keeper. This combined with my utter lack of any remotely decent youth pulls is getting somewhat annoying.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Scaly piscine said:
Bleh, I've had just 2 pops in the training for each of the last 3 updates now - 3 from my 21 yo all-rounder and 3 from my 17 yo keeper. This combined with my utter lack of any remotely decent youth pulls is getting somewhat annoying.
How many are you expecting? Two pops per week is very good.

Anyway, two pops for me as well. Badley finally up to proficient bowling (although he's still rubbish), and Malik up to competent fielding. Would prefer his batting/bowling/conc/cons to pop, but meh. I also had about ten players rise significantly in ratings, so a pretty good training update this time round.

Scaly piscine

Adamc said:
How many are you expecting? Two pops per week is very good.

Anyway, two pops for me as well. Badley finally up to proficient bowling (although he's still rubbish), and Malik up to competent fielding. Would prefer his batting/bowling/conc/cons to pop, but meh. I also had about ten players rise significantly in ratings, so a pretty good training update this time round.
Virtually all of your players are getting on a bit, here's a breakdown of the training ages last update:

Fitness: 17yo
Keeping: 17yo
Batting: 17yo, 17yo, 19yo, 20yo
Bowling: 17yo, 17yo, 18yo
Fielding: 17yo

Now I should be getting a batting/bowling pop about 11-12 weeks (per player), so I should get 0.5 a week there roughly. Stamina is 2-3 weeks - so there's 0.4 a week. Fielding 4-5 weeks, so 0.2 a week there. 7 weeks for w/keeping, so 0.15 (ish) there.

So add these all up you've got 1.25 primaries a week (roughly).

Now look at the secondaries, I have 6 psychologists - one guy has batting, bowling and fielding training - so they should almost average a secondary a week. 0.5 a week for the keeper. Takes around 8 weeks for secondary increase for the other bat/bowlers, there are 5 different players here so that's around 0.5 a week.

So overall we have 3.25 pops a week I should be getting. This is without taking into account the fact that most of my players won't be starting off at the very bottom of a level and you can see why 2 a week is crap.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Fair enough, you should have a good week eventually then.

I reorganised my training the other day so that I've only got four trainees: 18yo (1.5 bowling, 1 fielding, 0.5 stamina), 18yo (2 batting, 1.5 bowling, 1 fielding, 0.5 stamina), 19yo (1 bowling) and 20yo (1 batting), with one bowling slot and one stamina slot being rotated weekly between the 18yo's. Not really expecting much, just hoping to get the 18yo's up to a decent level before next season and hoping to squeeze another primary pop out of the 19 and 20yo's.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Anyone up for a friendly this weekend? I've got a couple of challenges pending, but if anyone from here wants a game challenge me today before I accept one of those.

Status
Not open for further replies.