• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [18/10/06] : Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoggy31

International Captain
End of Over 36: 189-2, runrate=5.25, reqrunrate=7.29 (290-7)
Longrigg 8-0-50-0
Malik* 26 (29 balls)
Gillete 82 (97 balls)

Hmmm.

Hoggy31

International Captain
End of Over 42: 224-2, runrate=5.33, reqrunrate=8.37 (290-7)
Townsend 9-1-38-0
Gillete* 102 (119 balls)
Malik 40 (43 balls)

Game evenly poised

Hoggy31

International Captain
End of Over 44: 243-3, runrate=5.52, reqrunrate=8.00 (290-7)
Townsend 10-1-46-1
Malik* 54 (49 balls)
Berry 0 (0 balls)

Game still alive, Adam slightly on the top i'd say

cameeel

International Captain
kears_falcon_9 said:
Im playing against Kipper XI which i think is someone from here. I made 4-358 which is pretty decent and they are now 2 for 81 needed to score at 7.8 to win the match. So id say im looking alright for this friendly.
Are you the Bushpigs? I wasnt sure who i'd challenged

cameeel

International Captain
End of Over 45:

5-317 chasing 5-348

Dove 148*
Jordan 13*

This will be close....

And i think i'm playing on take it easy...

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Its a friendly so it has to be on Take IT easy... it wwas close but my bowlers prevailed in the end.

woah i tihnk there was 4 run outs in that match :)

cameeel

International Captain
Bushpigs (Kears_Falcon) v Kipper XI (Cameeel) @ Bushpigs CG

Bushpigs 5-348 (50)

Pinnock 97*
Ardley 91
Allway 70

Kipper XI 10-323 (47.1)

Dove 152*
Fearns 39

Result: Bushpigs win by 5 Wickets

MOTM: Pinnock

Another bad MOTM decision, neither player bowled, one made 97 and the other made 152, who gets the award?

What should have been a win at 5-317, ended up being a loss, the bottom 4 batsman made 2,0,0,0

But well played Kears_Falcon :cool:

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Yer i agree Dove deserved MOTM but i guess its cause Pinnock was on the winning team that he got it. Cheers for the friendly.

ROLANDE i think thats ure name.. r u keen for a friendly this week?

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Just got home and saw the scorecard, nice match Hoggy.

WA v Asterix XI (175517)

Date: 30/10/2005 Ground: Western Oval
Pitch: Hard and Fast Weather: [overcast and cold]

WA won the toss and elected to bat.

WA 290/7 (50)

Haughton 73 (79), Flowers 57 (84), Street 58 (70)
Gillespie 5-54, Male 2-77

Asterix XI 291/3 (48.5)
Gillete 107 (125), Gillespie 72 (94), Malik 69* (63), Berry 32* (16)
Towsend 1-46, Sykes 1-51, Gillan 1-66

Asterix XI won by 7 wickets.

Very close match in the end, Berry's cameo clinched it. Very happy with that batting effort considering Cuss got out first ball (:ph34r:). Your top order did very well, luckily Gillespie picked up wickets before any of them could go on to three figures.

Some of my experiments worked out pretty well. Opened the batting with Gillete, and he scored a ton, so chances are he'll replace Bridge as opener permanently, given Bridge's recent form. Stuck Malik at four (although he's only mediocre so usually would bat 8 or 9), and he did very well in his first ever innings. Pushed Gillespie to three and he did pretty well too. Opened the bowling with my youth pull Pollock, did pretty well in the context of the match with 0/40 off his ten. Put Gillespie as fifth bowler, and he put in a good performance as usual, though obviously he'll be back to opening the bowling in the league match. Pollock will probably open the bowling next match instead of Badley, giving me a new-ball pair of Pollock and Gillespie...hmm.

Thanks for the match, makes it two very narrow wins for me now. Very nice attendance for a friendly as well, 6,465! Finances haven't come through yet, but if I'm not mistaken that should give us over 23k each.

brenoevo

U19 12th Man
And the losing streak has managed to reach 8, I think my team might have a curse on them or sumthing. Score-drengene 2/317 50 overs defeating College Dropouts 9/288 50 overs.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Strangely the worthless bowler only went for 1.2 an over more than my strong bowler in that cup game...

Anyways I'm going to increase the capacity on my ground. According to my last league game I could have had an attendance of 9879 and thinking I should just round out the stadium to the respective ratios (45:40:11:4 capacity of 11000ish), looking at the division IV teams it doesn't look like most of them get any more spectators than I would.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
managed an easy 7 wicket win in my friendly, let them get more than they should have done at 80odd for 7 but still ok. my 18yo spinner took 3-33 on debut (at one point he had 4-0-7-3)

nibbs

International Captain
I'm currently on top in my round 5 cup match. Universal Soldiers 138/5 after 34 overs. I'm confident that my bowlers can knock them over for under 200, which could potentially see my lads through to the last 16 of the cup. whoa-yeah!

nibbs

International Captain
well i finished them off for 206 AO, my bowlers just seemed unable to finish off the tale with their usual dominance. i'm quite concerned now. his bowling attack is not that bad at all...

Status
Not open for further replies.