• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [18/10/06] : Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Lost by 6 wickets, ffs... Would rather not talk about the game itself, but I got alright ratings:

Anchormen
Top Order: strong
Middle Order: mediocre
Lower Order: worthless
Seam Bowling: mediocre
Spin Bowling: proficient
Fielding: woeful

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Managed to sell my med/resp/resp YP for 137k, decent enough. Will be back over 2m after I get today's gate receipts.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Crap looks like a pretty big chase for me today, the bowlers really didn't turn up:

End of Over 50: 281-3, runrate=5.62
Baptiste 10-0-72-2
Lakeman* 33 (20 balls)
Packiyanathan 34 (25 balls)

My two rookies were the pick of my bowlers, the only ones going to for less the five an over.

Last edited:

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Damnit..Another unexpected loss. They scored 295/2 which in itself was not a suprise, Mccammon however was out for 55 off 38 and Saunders run out for 113 off 109, led Got Spin to be dismissed for only 248. One of the teams lowest totals in a long long time.

PY

International Coach
My batting side of things is going up in flames at the moment. :laugh:

Got to 68/0 off 11 then lost 3 wickets in 10 balls to go to 75/3. Not impressed.

My great hope is young Chanderpaul who's currently 45* and the score is 93/3 requiring another 157 to win. They got 245/8 with their only really decent player getting 161* and carrying his bat. :(

Cloete

International Captain
Bowling atm with the oppo chasing 300 to win. Moodley hit 120* for his first ever ton. Just recieved this lovely bit of commentary:

Code:
22.6 	.	Moodley to Moodley
 	 	Gently played back to Moodley.
22.5 	.	Moodley to Moodley
 	 	Angled in, a shuffle forward and he defends to the off.
22.4 	W	Moodley to Singh
 	 	We love Moodley! That delivery definitely fooled Singh and his stumps are gone!
22.3 	.	Moodley to Singh
 	 	On the back foot, pushed to the ground, cover quick to field the ball.
22.3 	nb.	Moodley to Singh
 	 	no ball, Forward, played to point, Lawrenson fielding.
22.2 	.	Moodley to Singh
 	 	Slow delivery, had a feel at it, beaten.
22.1 	.	Moodley to Singh
 	 	The ball doesn't turn at all and Singh, on the back foot, defends back down the pitch.
End of Over 23: 118-2, runrate=5.13, reqrunrate=6.74 (299-8)
Moodley 5-1-6-1
Sagren* 13 (23 balls)
Moodley 0 (2 balls)

Anyway commentary's going in my sig.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Lost three early wickets in my chase, run rate is ok, but i really need a partnership very soon cus i got a very long tail. Ellis is the key here one feels.

End of Over 14: 76-3, runrate=5.43, reqrunrate=5.72 (281-3)
Lee 2-0-6-0
Quintin* 3 (5 balls)
Ellis 36 (35 balls)

Bocaj

Cricket Spectator
andyc said:
An ex-NZU19 player on the market:

Michael Matthews (350982)
LH Batsman, LM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, sublime
An attacking player with superb leadership skills and competent experience.

Part of the New Zealand U19 squad
Plays For: Kiwi Blitz
Nationality: New Zealand
Battrick Rating: 120,732
Wages: £27,112 p/w
Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: woeful
Batting: proficient Concentration: sensational
Bowling: exceptional Consistency: exceptional
Fielding: superb

Ladbroke's bid over 6 million on him. Hell of a captain, too
Just goes to show the perils of transfers over the markets when Ladbroke has money. The arranged buyer, Team Monster, ended up getting edged out when Pob got online at 4am to bid on Matthews. Set a world record quite comfortably though....

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Anyone in England with a team in V.43 or lower and all the divisions above that is stuffed as far as commentary goes.

Doesn't seem very efficient when if one game doesn't work (one squad, ellowes, only has 10 men) then the site just stops at that point and doesn't skip on to the next game.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Bocaj said:
Just goes to show the perils of transfers over the markets when Ladbroke has money. The arranged buyer, Team Monster, ended up getting edged out when Pob got online at 4am to bid on Matthews. Set a world record quite comfortably though....
Hahaha, how'd you find this site? Probably won't post again though.

Bobisback

International Regular
Code:
Name		Age	BT	Batting		Bowling		WK
Gravey		27	10,783	Respecatable		
Hocking		18	10,444	Respecatable	
Hiller		18	11,257	Respecatable		
Maughan		21	11,961	Respecatable		
Rose		28	4,061	Competent		
Baker		22	9,709	Competent			Proficient
Mitchell	19	5,341	Abysmal 	Competent
Poulter		20	4,818	Abysmal 	Competent	
Nkosi		22	6,230	Abysmal		Mediocre
Wikus		18	12,272	worthless	Proficient
Poke		18	9,407	worthless	Respecatable
There is my noob squad >.< Have to replace Rose, Mitchell, Poulter and Nkosi.
Going to get two new bowling trainees next season, and looking to pick up a cheap Resp or High Comp, not many out there though :(

Also, what pitch do you guys think i should be on? Wikus is a spinner, the others are all F or FM

Bobisback

International Regular
My first game this season was away on a cracked, and i got rolled for 70ish. So im not sure if i want to switch pitches and have less chance of winning.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bobisback said:
My first game this season was away on a cracked, and i got rolled for 70ish. So im not sure if i want to switch pitches and have less chance of winning.
One match doesn't mean squat, it was the weather that got your rolled.

Bobisback

International Regular
My next home game is against bottom of the table, so ill give cracked a shot. Unless someone else suggests something would be better.

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
If you've got batting in depth, I reckon a cracked/uneven pitch is the way to go - if you come up against a team with one or two star batsmen, you've got more chance of getting them out randomly...whereas with several decent batsmen, you're still okay if one or two of them get out cheaply.

I've noticed fewer random wickets on uneven pitches than on cracked.

You've got two older respectables (might be worth training Gravey for concentration, but I don't know much about secondaries on older players) and two young respectables, who you definitely should train.

You should really put nets on Mitchell, Wikus and Poke too.

Assuming you're in a lower division, that should set you up nicely for two season's time. Training that many players, you're going to lose against the star player teams for now (either you won't bowl the stars out, or will get bowled out)...but that'll change a lot once you've got five players all with decent skills.

Bobisback

International Regular
In terms of training i am fairly comfortable with what i have right now.

I have Hocking, Hiller, Poke and Wikus all on 2 primary nets. Training Hocking Hiller and Poke Until their first primary pop next season, and Wikus till his first primary pop at 20. Im hoping to get two reasonable bowling trainees for next season.
I also have 2 stamina nets, on on me keeper (feeb stamina) and 1 roaming one that is getting my players ill keep up to resp.
I dont think its worth keeping Mitchell, he is comp-feeb. He is really just a backup.

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Sounds sensible, but why not give them until the season after next? Or the end of next season if they pop after week 14 or so? You could even drop them to one net each, to maximise training efficiency.

With the prices of decent players so damn high, you may as well train those you've got through the roof, so they'll be able to stay in your team for the next 5 seasons or so.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Code:
Name		Age	BT	Batting		Bowling		WK
Nosworth       28      28550  Competant    Worthless     Superb
Osman          23      26532  Remarkable  Worthless
Clegg         21      6664    Respectable Woeful
Baldwin         22      8185    Proficient      Abysmal
Tomlinson     17      9048    Respectable  Competant
Kemp           18      12024  Respectable  Worthless
Grewcock     28      8030   Feeble           Proficient
Freedman     28     19353  Woeful           Proficient