• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [18/10/06] : Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

nibbs

International Captain
just looking at todays training. i had a couple of batsmen pop. i now have 1 proficent and 3 competent bats on my side

Hoggy31

International Captain
Just flogged the #1 team in my league

WA 291 a.o. (48.3o)

Colley 69*(44)
Haughton 58(68)
Beard 37(43)

Nightowls Sloggers 182 a.o. (38.4o)

Townsend 3/20(7.4o)
Longrigg 3/33(9o)
Chinnery 2/39(7o)

MOTM: Colley

ash chaulk

International Captain
its probably cos the game just started..... teams that are not used within 7 weeks get booted and a new manger comes in

we have gone like 2 months id say

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Important match today, playing against the #2 team. The winner will take the #1 or #2 spot, depending on whether or not the current #1 team wins.

Won the toss and chose to bat first at home. We ended up with 272-4, which was reasonable considering it is a green pitch, but still should have scored more given the number of wickets in hand. The shock of the day was Cuss getting out for under 90 for the first time (15) :-O. Berry played a captain's knock, however, hitting 96 before being unfortunately run out. Barrett also batted well for 68* (69) to boost the total to a respectable level.

Just started bowling, currently got them at 23-1 after 5 overs, Berry the wicket-taker. Had a look through their batting averages, and i'm not overly confident of winning - hopefully there will be something in the pitch for me. :)

EDIT: My fears were unfounded, thankfully. they are currently 85-6 after 17, with only the bowlers to come, so we should manage the win...

EDIT: Hmm. Easy win, bowled them out for 107 (25.1), 165-run win. Gillespie with four top-order wickets, three for Badley, and Berry/Oddy/Holt taking one apiece. Will move up to second now, possibly first if the current #1 team loses. Doesn't look like they will though - still, it should decrease the N.R.R. gap which is keeping me in second place.

Last edited:

nibbs

International Captain
hmmmm, interesting. how are you guys working your training? i have 9 players all getting trained in 10 sessions. i think it's the best way to go, but is it? hmmm

Hoggy31

International Captain
Chaulky i challenged, so accept soon so we can play it this week instead of having to wait until next week

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
nibbs said:
hmmmm, interesting. how are you guys working your training? i have 9 players all getting trained in 10 sessions. i think it's the best way to go, but is it? hmmm
I'm only using 8 sessions at the moment, 4 batting, 3 bowling and 1 keeping. Not really sure if I should bother with fitness or fielding just yet. Mainly concentrating on the younger players (<20 years old) as they develop faster.

Just bought a competent batsman for 16k, reasonable price I think. He hasn't got a great BT rating, but he's still 19 so I'll start training him straight away. Now got one superb batsman, one strong, one proficient, one respectable and two competent. Bowling isn't quite as good, one strong and five competent.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Six-wicket win last night. Lost the toss and bowled first - they managed 284/3, none of my bowlers doing particularly well. Chased it down pretty comfortably with five overs to spare, Cuss again dominant with 123* off 123, sharing a century stand with Berry (85 off 81). Cuss' average now at 212.75 after 8 matches. :) Oh, and Barrett got out for the first time in his career, giving him an average of 264. :p

Still in second place because of NRR, but will be taking on the #1 team next round. Beat them by nine wickets last time, so hoping for a repeat.

Last edited:

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
1st at the moment in my league.
1. VCC p8 w6 d0 l2 p24 netrr 16.46
number 2 is a Norgy (there are so much norgies) with 22 points
and then we have superkingdave who is 3rd with 20 points...good going and I really hope I can become champions and promote. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.