• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [18/10/06] : Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoggy31

International Captain
And that's the end of the match. Asterix XI won by 14 runs.
Asterix XI 338-3
WA 324-5

Nice game mate, twas good fun.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Yep, thanks for the game. :)

Closer than I was hoping for, I think this should give my bowlers a bit of a wake-up call. They've conceded 690 runs in the last two games. :wacko: Good to see my batsmen doing well though. Cuss has made 122, 93*, 160, 95*, 98 and 150, and it still insists that he's in abysmal form (hmm, the 150 doesn't count to his stats because it's a friendly :@).

Hoggy31

International Captain
WA (929)
General Manager: WangleMcZnap
Region: Western Australia
One Day League: #5 in IV.23 (W:3,L:2)
Ground: W.A.C.A.

Hoggy31

International Captain
Im currently on the hunt for a decent batsman who is a good fielder (To bat at 9 lol) and a decent fast bowler

Hoggy31

International Captain
Who are everyone's best players, These are my best 4:

Edward Colley - 20 yo, BT Rating=12,174
LH Batsman, LM Bowler, competent form, Healthy
A attacking player with feeble leadership skills and worthless experience.
Stamina: feeble Wicket Keeping: strong
Batting: competent Concentration: competent
Bowling: respectable Consistency: feeble
Fielding: woeful

Steve Haughton - 22 yo, BT Rating=10,432
RH Batsman, RF Bowler, superb form, Healthy
A defensive player with proficient leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: abysmal Wicket Keeping: proficient
Batting: proficient Concentration: mediocre
Bowling: worthless Consistency: abysmal
Fielding: feeble

Bruce Binns - 20 yo, BT Rating=10,330
LH Batsman, LF Bowler, superb form, Healthy
A attacking player with mediocre leadership skills and worthless experience.
Stamina: abysmal Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: competent Concentration: mediocre
Bowling: proficient Consistency: feeble
Fielding: mediocre

Scott Townsend - 25 yo, BT Rating=9,227
LH Batsman, LH Spin Bowler, competent form, Healthy
A cautious player with woeful leadership skills and worthless experience.
Stamina: abysmal Wicket Keeping: mediocre
Batting: respectable Concentration: abysmal
Bowling: proficient Consistency: mediocre
Fielding: abysmal

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
DJellett said:
Still waiting 4 a team
What country are you waiting for? If you applied for Australia or England you've basically got no chance of getting a team this season.

Waiting list by country:

Australia - 339
England - 1356
India - 20
NZ - 117
Pakistan - 116
RSA - 87
SL - 10
WI - 95

I'd suggest you try SL or India if you want a team quickly.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Playing against the bottom team in the league today, hoping for a big win to boost my NRR, since the top three are tied on points. Won the toss at home and elected to bat first despite the green deck:

Code:
[B]Asterix XI 334-2 (50)[/B]

Cuss          145* (124)
Canoville     3 (8)
Berry         124 (147)
Gillespie     45* (28)
Not too bad, probably should have scored a little more since we were going at seven an over at the halfway stage. Sent Canoville up the order as a pinch-hitter again, failed again; will probably revert back to my regular opener for the next match.

Cuss' record now: 122, 93*, 160, 95*, 98, 150 (friendly match), 145*. Healthy average of 237.67. 8-) It will be a sad day when he finally gets out for less than 90.

Hoggy31

International Captain
I Lost :(

Made 278/7 of my 50, Top score Street with 58

Other team made 280/5 of 47.2 overs

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Played unbeaten top of the table with a new look side, lost the toss and put into bat. Lawrence 67 and Steadhart 81, led the way whilst a lower order collapse was rescued by some lusty blows from Ellis batting at 9, vindicating the warwickshiresque tactics with 37*
We posted 264 all out with 3 balls left.

They started with a 53 run opening partnership before an epic collapse saw them all out for 118. With Gradley taking 3-8 and Macauley 3-16.

After looking like whipping boys at the start of the season, things are goign ok with 4 wins and 2 losses. 3rd in league level on points with Kwek(who i hammered last week) and 2 behind top of the table.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
yeah...you hammerd me :(
i had a good win, bowling the opposition out for 200 with Garrity 9.3 1 35 8
then watkiss, Easton and Varney saw me home in 36.5 overs:)

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Adamc said:
Playing against the bottom team in the league today, hoping for a big win to boost my NRR, since the top three are tied on points. Won the toss at home and elected to bat first despite the green deck:

Code:
[B]Asterix XI 334-2 (50)[/B]

Cuss          145* (124)
Canoville     3 (8)
Berry         124 (147)
Gillespie     45* (28)
Not too bad, probably should have scored a little more since we were going at seven an over at the halfway stage. Sent Canoville up the order as a pinch-hitter again, failed again; will probably revert back to my regular opener for the next match.

Cuss' record now: 122, 93*, 160, 95*, 98, 150 (friendly match), 145*. Healthy average of 237.67. 8-) It will be a sad day when he finally gets out for less than 90.
Meh. Bowled them out for 213 to record an easy 121-run win, but the top two teams also had easy wins, so I'm still third because of NRR. Annoying since I beat the #1 team by nine wickets. :@ Bowling was OK, Gillespie typically the pick of the lot with 4/29, three others with two apiece, but Owen 0/70! I think he might be dropped next week.

BTW, does anyone know how to increase the squad's fitness, apart from playing matches on 'take it easy'?

Status
Not open for further replies.