Cricket Player Manager
Page 211 of 709 FirstFirst ... 111161201209210211212213221261311 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,165 of 10624

Thread: Archived [18/10/06] : Battrick

PY
    Only one pop for a skill this week.

Brijesh Singh - 19 yo, BT Rating=14,884
    LH Batsman, LH Spin Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, lively
    A destructive player with mediocre leadership skills and abysmal experience.
    Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: abysmal
    Batting: mediocre Concentration: respectable
    Bowling: mediocre Consistency: strong
    Fielding: woeful
    A True Champion - Bob. Rest in peace. 15/04/06
    "People today have too big a devil and too small a God"

- Stephen Currie

"The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" Psalm 27:1

Cricketer Of The Year Robertinho's Avatar
    How is everyone going to use their ITS?

I can see myself doing this -

12 batting
    12 bowling
    12 stamina

I don't want to risk doing 12 stamina, 12 batting and 12 concentration on someone who was naturally talented as a bowler. And in either case, I'll get myself - at the very least - a "decent" trainee allrounder. (ie; feeble/feeble). If they're naturally talented in either, I could find myself with a proficient primary
    "If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - for ever."

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Robertinho

12 batting
    12 bowling
    12 stamina

I don't want to risk doing 12 stamina, 12 batting and 12 concentration on someone who was naturally talented as a bowler. And in either case, I'll get myself - at the very least - a "decent" trainee allrounder. (ie; feeble/feeble). If they're naturally talented in either, I could find myself with a proficient primary
    Hmm that's a good point there Rob, didn't think of that. I was originally just gonna do 12 stamina, bowling and consistency, but I think I'll do that now. Just have to wait two more weeks...
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

PY
    For some reason, India got double the amount of ITS than anyone else last week.

Pity I hadn't changed to 20,000 (forgot to) or else I'd have got 10 free sessions, as it was I only got 12 for the price of 6. One more week I reckon and I'll let 32 loose on someone.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by PY
    For some reason, India got double the amount of ITS than anyone else last week.

Pity I hadn't changed to 20,000 (forgot to) or else I'd have got 10 free sessions, as it was I only got 12 for the price of 6. One more week I reckon and I'll let 32 loose on someone.
    Why not just wait another week for 36?

Stranger leering through a pair of binoculars
    He will not get any this week, because he got double last
    Mark Waugh
    "He's [Michael Clarke] on Twitter saying sorry for not walking? Mate if he did that in our side there'd be hell to play. AB would chuck his Twitter box off the balcony or whatever it is. Sorry for not walking? Jesus Christ man."
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it into a fruit salad
    RIP Craigos

PY
    Well that was the rumour but I got another 10 this week and they didn't take any away from me.

Can't be bother to wait another week, I'm too impatient.

International Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Robertinho

12 batting
    12 bowling
    12 stamina

I think that's what I'm going to end up doing to be honest.
    MSN - tomhalsey123@hotmail.com

Manchester United FC: 20 Times

R.I.P. Sledger's Signature, 2004-2008

Had 3 pops in the training update, 2 of them were as expected (Rich Pace popping in consistency was an added bonus). Had a lot of form drops tho.

Still can't get over that guy's name... Rich Pace... sounds like spoof superhero.
    World Scrabble Champion 2014. National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

International Regular cricketboy29's Avatar
    So, adam. you would recommend getting ten coaches? 4 batting 4 bowling and 2 fielding?
    Member of CW RED

Queensland-Season 7 OD Champions

Currently Managing: NSW

Rahul Dravid: A Real Legend.

Quote Originally Posted by cricket player
    damn mods are more agressive then the teacher's in school that i have'
    Quote Originally Posted by AussieDominance
    *Sigh* what's the dev league got itself into.

Maurice Aldred - 19 yo, BT Rating=5,013
    RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, proficient batting form, strong bowling form, lively
    An attacking player with woeful leadership skills and worthless experience.
    Stamina: FEEBLE Wicket Keeping: worthless
    Batting: respectable Concentration: mediocre
    Bowling: mediocre Consistency: feeble
    Fielding: abysmal

Gareth Bardle - 17 yo, BT Rating=2,820
    RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, competent batting form, proficient bowling form, fresh
    A cautious player with woeful leadership skills and abysmal experience.
    Stamina: ABYSMAL Wicket Keeping: worthless
    Batting: worthless Concentration: worthless
    Bowling: respectable Consistency: abysmal
    Fielding: MEDIOCRE
    Or something.

RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990 - 15/4/2006

Cricket Web Content Updater roseboy64's Avatar
    You guys think this is a good buy?

RH Batsman, RF Bowler, respectable batting form, respectable bowling form, fresh
    A steady player with woeful leadership skills and worthless experience.

Nationality: England
    Battrick Rating: 4,277
    Wages: £310 p/w

Stamina: woeful Wicket Keeping: worthless
    Batting: worthless Concentration: competent
    Bowling: mediocre Consistency: abysmal
    Fielding: competent
    Sir Alexander Chapman Ferguson = Greatest Ever Manager
    "One from ten leaves zero." - Eric Williams, former T&T PM
    Member of Cricket Web Green
    Member of Northside Power

R.I.P Fardin Qayyumi

Quote Originally Posted by cricketboy29
    So, adam. you would recommend getting ten coaches? 4 batting 4 bowling and 2 fielding?
    I'm not adam but definitely get 10 coaches. What coaches you get depend on who you're wanting to train. I would have at least 1 fitness coach tho. If you want any really specific advice to get you going you can always copy & paste your squad or the relevant player on here.

How much were they roseboy?

U19 Vice-Captain
    Mediocre couple of days for me. Had a YP who was Feeb in Bowling and W-Less in everything else. Next week when I unleash my ITS he would have been quite useful, but this week I'm afraid he's got one spin on the transfer market to find himself alternative employment, otherwise he's off down the job centre.

Not sure how to distribute my ITS. I'm inclined to gamble on twelve bowling 12 Stam and twelve Cons, as I really need a reliable back-up bowler, with my only other credible bowling option being a Med Spinner with Med Cons and Abs Stam - But then again I also need another tidy batsman of Resp or better, and as a number of you have pointed out, spreading your ITS between Batting, bowling and Stam does cover your bases better. Plus I'm thinking, is there any pattern to what sort of YP you'll get? I mean, Given that I had a Feeb bowler this week, am I unlikely, or at least less likely, to get an YP with inclinations towards bowling next week?

Also what's the deal with choosing an YP older than 17? I remember reading somewhere that you're allowed to use less ITS on an YP the older he is, but is there a trade off? I mean does an older YP have more natural talent to start with? If you're likely to get the same result, or better, but with less available years in which to train them, then I might go for that option, as I really don't have the space in my nets for another trainee.

And is there any benefit to giving a player one fielding or fitness net on its own? Or do they have to be used in conjunction with a primary net? It's just that I've got a few players who's primaries I'm reasonably happy with, but who just need an injection of Conc and Stam.

Well training was a bit disappointing this week, only one pop, with Bewers going to Feeb Cons, though that'll be a help as up until now he's been more prohibitively expensive than a wife and a crack habit put together.

And you'll be pleased to here that I saw off the threat of the female manager in my Cup match in quite ungentlemanly style. Cymru Gurgitaters 322/5 - Staveley 118 (122), Dunfield 92 (108), Wynne-Willson 42 (34), and final over cameos of 23 from Partridge and 17 from Mullins, both at better than a run a ball. Then Chillers subsided to 50-odd all out, Burke 4/14 off five and Crick 3/36 from seven.

Slightly worried that my batting is too heavily reliant on Staveley and Dunfield. Oli and Wynne-Willson, who dicked on all-comers last season, haven't really come to the party as yet this time around. Arguably that's evidence that they're not going to cut it at the higher level, but then again two of my three matches have been against reasonably ordinary Div V sides. Good primaries in the bowling are being let down by slightly duff secondaries, I guess that they too will have to be overhauled at some point in the future, though I think this group of players are going to have to sink or swim in the up-coming relegation battle, as there's not much in the kitty to strengthen the squad.

Oh yes, TIEing the next round of the Cup, as I'm up against a mint team with two batsman of Superb or better, and one England U19 bowler with wagers of 7.5k, and no batting or keeping to speak of, so Christ alone knows how good that makes him? Will be giving the fringe players a run out for a bit of a laugh in that one - You can only drop one level of Morale per defeat can't you?:-)

Later, Trev

Hall of Fame Member superkingdave's Avatar
    only one experience pop, bad week
    Dave Mohammed >>>> You

Thread Information