• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [18/10/06] : Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoggy31

International Captain
Yep, I did win by 7 wickets with like 11 balls to spare. Binns got out for 89(i think) and Flowers was 35 not out or something

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Finally managed to access the commentary for my league match today. Lost the toss so they're batting currently.

Pretty ordinary start for my team. Male picked up a wicket in his third over, but Gillespie failed to get a wicket in his first spell for the first time in the history of the universe. Got a runout to have them at 38/2, but they've recovered well and are currently belting my fourth and fifth bowlers around. 121/2 at the half-way point of the innings; I need a wicket sometime soon...

steds

Hall of Fame Member
All out for 125 chasing 231. Hollis marked his debut with 10-0-60-0 and 0* (3) whilst Abdul made 6 off 8. :dry:

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Well, that's the end of their 50: 276/7. Same old story really: everyone bowls rubbish but Gillespie picks up a bunch of wickets in his second spell to keep it under 300. Took all four of his wickets in his second spell, ending up with 4-36. The rest of the bowlers were distinctly ordinary, three of them wicketless and the other one taking 1-59. The fielders did more then those four bowlers combined, managing two runouts.

Oh well, we should still get there. The other team seems to have a strong bowling lineup, though. Still, my top eight reads: superb, respectable, strong, proficient, competent, competent, competent, competent, so I'll be annoyed if at least two or three of those can't manage a good score. All of them are set to attacking or v. attacking.

Cuss of the mark with a cover drive for four.

Off to a good start - 77/0 after 10 overs. Cuss 32* (29) and Bridge 24* (24). 200 more at 5 an over.

Last edited:

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Gaian Ascendancy 281/5

tripe bowling apart from the recalled Wrigley, who escaped with two for 48.

Dynamo Morpork 285/3 (47.3 ovs)

Another ton from Lester - his fifth of his career, with 113. Yet his average goes down to 125.78. ;) 91 from Cable, too, his fifth fifty - but no ton yet. New batsman Shaka Herbert makes 11* off 7.

nibbs

International Captain
I'm not sure what my openers are playing at. I set them to 'attacking' ffs...
End of Over 24: 97-0, runrate=4.04
Hickey 2-0-6-0
Hamshaw* 32 (57 balls)
Wheat 50 (96 balls)

EDIT I:
ffs. wheat just faced out a maiden. in monday's cup match he score 128 off 125 balls. at the moment he has 52 off 108. what the hell is going

EDIT II:
wheat has lost the plot...
End of Over 33: 128-1, runrate=3.88
Barnes 10-1-29-0
Fry* 9 (7 balls)
Wheat 56 (131 balls)

EDIT III:
for heavens sake, Wheat 62 (144balls). 12 runs off his last 48 balls. what a ********

EDIT IV
: A late rally saw us do okay. Not sure if its going to be enough against this opponent though...

End of Over 50: 243-7, runrate=4.86
Coutts 10-0-50-3
Lennon* 45 (33 balls)
Henshaw 0 (0 balls)

Last edited:

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Won my match comfortably in the end. Cuss hit another unbeaten ton with 130* off 124, his eighth ton in 16 games, taking his average to 160.33. Bridge did well also, hitting form with a steady century (100 off 147), his third. Berry came in and hit 28* to take us past the total in 47.2 overs. Satisfying nine-wicket win to start off the season, but still a lot of bowling problems to work on.

Btw nibbs, what's Wheat's stamina? That kind of thing seems to happen to players with low stamina, they manage to score at a reasonable rate for a while, but eventually they hit the wall and stop scoring altogether. It's a bit annoying.

nibbs

International Captain
is that right. hmmm, wheat's stamina is mediorce. the week before i had him set to normal, and he went along at about the same rate for his entire innings scoring 128 off 125, albeit, it was against a bot side, but still...

nibbs

International Captain
things are getting pretty dam tense. they need 100 to win off 25 overs, but the wickets are starting fall by god and michael o'grady has already bowled his 10 overs....

Edit: don't know what happened. some error with the commentary...

Edit: lost by 4 wickets god damit

Last edited:

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Just bid 7,000 for these atributes.

Stamina: abysmal Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: competent Concentration: worthless
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: woeful
Fielding: woeful

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Bad luck Nibbs. I dunno why he scored so slow, mediocre stamina isn't particularly bad. Must've had a late night or something. :mellow:

Not sure whether or not to play my next cup game on Take It Easy or not. The team I'm up against looks pretty ordinary, but I've got no confidence in my bowlers (apart from one) at the moment, so I'll probably play on Normal.

I've only got three bowling positions settled at the moment - Gillespie because he's awesome, Male because he's proficient so should theoretically be pretty good as well, and Berry because he's an allrounder which allows me to put in an extra batsman. I've got a lot of competent fast/medium bowlers, but most (all, rather) of them have been doing poorly, so I might play my mediocre spinner. I was hoping to hold him back until he popped to competent, but I don't have much choice at the moment. The other bowling spot is a four-way race at the moment (they all keep false-starting though...).

cameeel

International Captain
Jamee999 said:
Just bid 7,000 for these atributes.

Stamina: abysmal Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: competent Concentration: worthless
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: woeful
Fielding: woeful
How old?

Status
Not open for further replies.