• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [18/10/06] : Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
PY said:
I'm not sure SP, 81 and 104 off the last 10 overs isn't bad!

Granted you want more, but in real life if that happened you'd be chuffed.
If your team, the equivalent of say Australia, had been thrashing the equivalent of say Zimbabwe and were 250-0 off 40 overs you'd expect more than 81 or 104 off the last 10.

With two teams of similar quality there are plenty of occasions in Twenty20 when 110+ is scored off the last 10 and that's with wickets down to boot.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Adamc said:
Had my eye on that 19yo superb who's up to 1 mil now, might still bid if he doesn't go up anymore (unlikely). I asked his manager (who is quitting, so doesn't really have an interest in how much he sells for) about his training, apparently he's been receiving 2 batting nets all season and last popped 5 or 6 weeks ago so should be very close to quality.

There's a superb batsman/competent bowler by the name of Brad Hera on the market for 790k at the moment, not that I've got a vested interest in seeing him sold or anything...:whistling:
I would of bidded for Hera, but 790k is just too much :laugh:

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Won my match on TIE. Disappointed with the batting display.

Rastas 204 ao
Eldershaw 43*,Butcher 4-41, Elsegood 3-22

Boulevard Bombers 205-7
Elsegood 53, Wellens 40,Inniss 3-20

Code:
                  Boulevard Bombers  
Top Order: competent
Middle Order: mediocre  
Lower Order: abysmal  
Seam Bowling: respectable  
Spin Bowling: competent  
Fielding: competent  

MOTM: Butcher

BlackCap_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Code:
End of Over 11: 81-2, runrate=7.36 
Carmody 6-0-39-2 
Adaham* 3 (1 balls) 
Hitchcock 32 (28 balls)

Last Wicket: Speight b. Carmody 0 (FOW: 78/2)

10.6 . Carmody to Hitchcock 
    The batsman was comprehensively beaten. The bowler closes his eyes in disbelief at not picking the wicket, while the batsman opens his eyes wide to concentrate more.  
10.5 3 Carmody to Adaham 
    The batsmen take a suicidal run. Lodge shies at the stumps and misses. No one is backing up, so the batting side get 2 overthrows. A streaky 1 becomes 3 for Adaham.  
[b]10.4 W Carmody to Speight 
    That has made a mess of the stumps. Great bowling by Carmody. [/b]
10.3 . Carmody to Speight 
    Lift, gave himself some room and went for the shot but he's beaten. 
[b]10.2 W Carmody to Appleton 
    Acrobatic catch from Tolley there! [/b]
10.1 1 Carmody to Hitchcock 
    Clipped off his legs for one run. 

End of Over 10: 77-0, runrate=7.70 
Eagles 5-0-40-0 
Hitchcock* 31 (26 balls) 
Appleton 43 (35 balls)
:D

Cloete

International Captain
Had a nice easy TIE today.

Sunny AO for 161
Moodley 10 overs 7/18, Bhutia 8 overs 2/18

Roar CC 2/162
Ghandi 78 (73), Rampaul 42* (36)

Code:
Reporter's Summary
	        Roar CC 	sunny
Top Order: 	competent 	feeble
Middle Order: 	feeble 	        woeful
Lower Order: 	abysmal 	abysmal
Seam Bowling: 	mediocre 	abysmal
Spin Bowling: 	strong  	mediocre
Fielding: 	mediocre 	woeful

Last edited:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Scaly piscine said:
With two teams of similar quality there are plenty of occasions in Twenty20 when 110+ is scored off the last 10 and that's with wickets down to boot.
With batsmen who are 30 overs fresher...

33/3from3.3

International Vice-Captain
End of Over 22: 147-0, runrate=6.68, reqrunrate=2.96 (229-10)
Walsh 1-0-10-0
Nutter* 61 (70 balls)
Paterson 81 (62 balls)

I would love to see what would have happened if i GFIed (im TIEing)

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Lost against the team that's going to win the WI cup on Sunday, didn't disgrace ourselves considering we played on TIE but still a convincing defeat nonetheless.

Batted first on a dusty pitch against three spinners, scored 250/9 - Cuss made 91 (123), Challis batted miles better than he should be doing, scored 51* (39) and Hera made 41 (40). Malik played the most useless no. 3 innings ever with 10 off 51 balls, while Wynand and Ashton both failed.

Gillespie managed to get rid of two of their gun batsmen (quality and superb, both with good secondaries) and Badley took a wicket but their main batsman scored a century and they won by 7 wickets in the 43rd.

The ratings comparison wasn't too bad, but their top order was eight levels above my seam attack so it was always going to be a bit one-sided.
Code:
	[B]Doobie Bombers 	Asterix XI[/B]
Top Order: 	exquisite quality
Middle Order: 	strong 	proficient
Lower Order: 	abysmal woeful
Seam Bowling: 	superb 	proficient
Spin Bowling: 	superb 	superb
Fielding: 	mediocre mediocre

Last edited:

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Don't GFI. :(

I got 1 increase in ratings - from Superb to Quality spin bowling (from PAN to GFI), and my fitness dropped from invigorated to fair. Ah well. At least I have Jamee tomorrow :D

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Robertinho said:
Don't GFI. :(

I got 1 increase in ratings - from Superb to Quality spin bowling (from PAN to GFI), and my fitness dropped from invigorated to fair. Ah well. At least I have Jamee tomorrow :D
Robertinho said:
GFI'ing in my League game, luckily I didn't take Adam's advice (to PAN/TIE)
Adamc said:
I didn't tell you to TIE, I said you don't need to GFI as you're playing a bot whose ratings are already significantly lower than yours. I don't see the point of sacrificing several levels of fitness for a one level or so ratings boost when you're not going to lose anyway.
;)

ash chaulk

International Captain
Brett Duncan (484707)
LH Batsman, LH Spin Bowler, respectable batting form, respectable bowling form, fresh
A defensive player with abysmal leadership skills and abysmal experience.

Plays For: Viveash
Nationality: Australia
Battrick Rating: 2,856
Wages: £855 p/w

Stamina: abysmal Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: worthless
Bowling: respectable Consistency: worthless
Fielding: worthless

no its used doh

Status
Not open for further replies.