• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [18/10/06] : Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
I didn't tell you to TIE, I said you don't need to GFI as you're playing a bot whose ratings are already significantly lower than yours. I don't see the point of sacrificing several levels of fitness for a one level or so ratings boost when you're not going to lose anyway.

You've got 162 after 30 overs, you'll get to 300 and Mills will carve up on a dusty pitch, easy.

Hoggy31

International Captain
End of Over 30: 155-3, runrate=5.17

Street* 20 (27 balls)
Rowe 74 (79 balls)

Pretty disappointed as i was 1/120odd after 20

BlackCap_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Got a huge match against Hagley Park Hooligan on about 17 hours time. They're the best in the division, and I'm the second best (I'm placed third though, because I lost my previous match to up my fitness level for this match). I'm hoping for a good contest, better than the drubbing they gave me in my first ever match (Mansell, a spinner, opened the bowling on 'attacking'. Need I say more?).

If I win, I can get booted straight into 1st place, second at least. I think.

brenoevo

U19 12th Man
Won todays league game easily enough.
DanDeChamp 10/239 49.2overs
Bowditch 94 (111)
Westhead 5/41 MOTM

College Dropouts 0/241 32.3overs
Jayasuriya 127 (103) not out
Kennedy 101 (95) not out

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Won my game easily on TIE, although I was a bit disappointed given the score they made, but I guess my morale is super low.

Bromi Sucks 7/261
Dunne 3/61, Drench 2/24, Bunt 1/53

Magical Ponies 1/262
Drench 116 (134), Griffin 115* (103), Sutton 6*

Bromi Sucks Magical Ponies
Top Order: feeble competent
Middle Order: woeful feeble
Lower Order: abysmal abysmal
Seam Bowling: woeful feeble
Spin Bowling: abysmal mediocre
Fielding: feeble woeful
MOTM: Drench

Looks like Drench's stamina got to him in the end, but he's always been a bit of a slow scorer. Was impressed with Griffin's final strike rate, he normally slows down around 80.

Wow... looking at my team, I just got a bit fitness hit. Heard, Griffin, Giles, Dunne, Drench and Bunt all down to energetic.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Tie'd today and bowled first against the Roosters.

Roosters 5/262

Longrigg 4/79
Wiese 1/35
Hook 0/27

Victoria Panthers 3/266

Malcolm 135* (141)
Ganfield 46 (41)
Wight 37* (26)

Victoria Panthers
Top Order: mediocre
Middle Order: mediocre
Lower Order: abysmal
Seam Bowling: mediocre
Spin Bowling: respectable
Fielding: feeble

PY

International Coach
42.6 W Chanderpaul to Bardsley Bardsley leaves the ball well alone but the ball jags back off a length and clips the off bail.
42.5 W Chanderpaul to Stockdale Chanderpaul, Ahmed and Rampaul appeal till their faces go purple! Slowly but surely, the finger goes up.
42.4 W Chanderpaul to Bhutia Ahmed made a spectacular dive there, not sure if it was necessary but it was effective.

Ka-ching. :D

33/3from3.3

International Vice-Captain
BlackCap_Fan said:
I remember reading that they're going to begin experimenting on it in the next BT season. Not sure about it, though.
awesome
Adam, any Lara-esque innings for Mr.Cuss expected?:D

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
33/3from3.3 said:
awesome
Adam, any Lara-esque innings for Mr.Cuss expected?:D
Not really, at the moment he doesn't have the stamina to make 400 let alone 501.

I wouldn't get your hopes up though, if FC matches aren't introduced next season it wouldn't be the first or even the second time that they've been delayed. Still, I'm working on the assumption that they'll be introduced next season, so I'm trying to get my squad's stamina up and still hoping to find an (affordable) bowler with strong/superb stamina. Also looking forward to getting some proper FC gate receipts, instead of the 37.5k pittance we currently get.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Think I'm going to TIE most of my league games till the end of the season, try and get fitness up for the CW Cup.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
marc71178 said:
Think I'm going to TIE most of my league games till the end of the season, try and get fitness up for the CW Cup.
Boo! :p Although you'll probably find that with only one match a week, you'll TIE and get to sublime, then drop back to invigorated before the next match, so effectively it's impossible to get your match fitness above invigorated unless you're still in the cup. That's what's been happening to the national teams anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.