• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [18/10/06] : Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
I'd have this as your team:

J Edgehill
D Giles
A Watts
C Macey
I Tailor
D Gatsha
+R Mpho
M Lynn
C Lebohang
J Sekhon
C Mohan

Watts, Lebohang, Lynn, Sekhon and Mohan the bowlers. With Lebohang and Sekhon as your opening bowlers. Though look on the market for some mediocre primary players - they're incredibly cheap. Give Edgehill and Lebohang stamina, primary and fielding/wk training :D

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
ash chaulk said:
damn the new teams dont really get much do they
Are you serious? He's got two proficients there! My team had two mediocre batsmen, one competent bowler and one mediocre bowler.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
My first team had two competants and one mediocre :D

some good cheap players on the marekt coming up for sale in a few days!

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
GoT_SpIn said:
My first team had two competants and one mediocre :D

some good cheap players on the marekt coming up for sale in a few days!
Yeah, only problem is that everyone's thinking the same thing so they won't be cheap by the time their deadline rolls round. Still looking for a bowler, found one guy who would be perfect for my team but his price is already getting up towards my spending limit. Noticed this namesake as well:
Code:
1. Dan Vettori  £ 620,000 (opening price)
Plays for: comedy club 	Stamina:	woeful 	W/Keeping:	feeble
Age: 27 years old 	Batting:	mediocre Concentration:	feeble
BT Rating: 10,813 	Bowling:	superb 	Consistency:	woeful
Deadline: 10/03/2006 10:30 Fielding:    woeful
Pretty accurate, even the age is correct. Only problem is that he's a LF instead of LH Spin bowler.

Hoggy31

International Captain
Who's been the longest serving Battrick member from CW. I joined on the 25/4 last year and i'm pretty sure Adam joined a day before that.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
I was 24/04, same as Hakon. He applied before me though, so I don't think it's possible to have joined before then. I just checked the team page of the creator of BT and he joined 24/04 as well.

andyc

Now that we're back to the start of the draw again, I'll actually be able to win my next two games. Hopefully it'll help stop my members from leaving, as they have been this last week.

This coming one is against a team that just started this week, so I'm TIEing, opening with Griffin and resting Canning for the Battrick Cup and just to get his fitness level up a bit. Am also interested to see what he can do against a rubbish attack before his low (mediocre) stamina kicks in. He's on very attacking, so I'm hoping for some fierworks. Then again, my top 5 batsmen are all on very attacking.

In terms of joining date, I started last season, on the 21st of September to be exact.

andyc

Robertinho said:
I'd have this as your team:

J Edgehill
D Giles
A Watts
C Macey
I Tailor
D Gatsha
+R Mpho
M Lynn
C Lebohang
J Sekhon
C Mohan

Watts, Lebohang, Lynn, Sekhon and Mohan the bowlers. With Lebohang and Sekhon as your opening bowlers. Though look on the market for some mediocre primary players - they're incredibly cheap. Give Edgehill and Lebohang stamina, primary and fielding/wk training :D
Can't believe you left out Zonke from there.

I'd be going for something like:

A Watts/D Giles (given that Watts is bowling, he may get tired more opening, but he's got good stamina so he'd be a good opener)

G Zonke
J Edgehill* (I just like having my best bat at 3)
D Giles/A Watts
C Macey
I Tailor
D Gatsha
R Mpho+
M Lynn
C Lebohang
J Sekhon
C Mohan

Same bowlers as Rob said.

You're pretty lucky in that you have two proficients in your starting side, but you should start looking for some better youth players. Basically, given that you're starting out, you should really be aiming for at least mediocre primaries for all of your players.

trevor_vayro

U19 Vice-Captain
Playing the No.2 in my league tomorrow, who have a record of 5/1/1. I'm torn between GFIing and seeing if I could possibly live with them, or TIEing and salvaging at least a fitness boost out of an otherwise lost cause. Their last ratings were Strong/Resp/Abs - Prof/Use/Med, as opposed to my Comp/Comp/Abs - Comp/Med/Feeb. But I'm thinking they probably GFIed their last game, as their top order and seam bowling are both up a level on their other recent performances, and I'm presuming that they wouldn't bother their bottoms GFIing against me, as on courrent form it appears that some of the Stephen Hawkin in my speech software is rubbing off on my team!

So what it boils down to I guess, is if their PAN ratings are something like Prof/Resp/Abs - Resp/Use/Med, would I stand a chance against them on GFI? or should I save my fitness?

Oh, BTW, Joined on 27/09/05, and from the sound of some of your starting teams, I think I was quite lucky. I had 4 Comps and 2 Med batsmen, and 2 Resp, 1 Comp and a Med bowler. But they were mostly too old to train, and nearly all of them were regular visitors to the ccoronary care unit!

Later, Trev

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Date Joined: 24/04/2005

I guess i was one of the first as i was on the mailing list before it actually started. I wonder who has the lowest team number? i'm 195

Status
Not open for further replies.