• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [18/10/06] : Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

ash chaulk

International Captain
training worked awsum for my old guys

Andy Wainwright - 28 yo, BT Rating=15,656
RH Batsman, RF Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, sublime
A destructive player with strong leadership skills and woeful experience.
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: proficient Concentration: proficient
Bowling: competent Consistency: respectable
Fielding: woeful

Kevin Lockwood - 21 yo, BT Rating=7,073
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, sublime
A steady player with proficient leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: mediocre
Batting: proficient Concentration: woeful
Bowling: worthless Consistency: feeble

Pete Berry - 19 yo, BT Rating=13,337
LH Batsman, LF Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, sublime
An attacking player with feeble leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: woeful Wicket Keeping: proficient
Batting: woeful Concentration: proficient
Bowling: feeble Consistency: respectable
Fielding: abysmal

Alan Lenka - 17 yo, BT Rating=2,325
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, respectable batting form, respectable bowling form, moderate
A steady player with worthless leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: feeble Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: woeful Concentration: mediocre
Bowling: mediocre Consistency: woeful
Fielding: worthless

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Jamee999 said:
Bardle had a fitness net, and he's sublime.
That would be because the bug is either a) selective; b) fixed; or c) both. Anyway seems to be fixed for everyone now, except for the BTR rises/non-rises which are apparently going to be back to normal at the next training update.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Gavin Canning - 17 yo, BT Rating=8,206
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, strong batting form, superb bowling form, lively
An attacking player with woeful leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: competent Concentration: feeble
Bowling: respectable Consistency: mediocre

Canning shaping up very well. He's currently on two fitness, two batting, two bowling and a fielding net.

Edit: :-O at how much he dropped in fitness! He was at least energetic before!

Last edited:

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Hook finnally to Competant bowling

Clark Hook - 18 yo, BT Rating=25,652
LH Batsman, LH Spin Bowler, superb batting form, competent bowling form, invigorated
A defensive player with woeful leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: strong Wicket Keeping: mediocre
Bowling: competent Consistency: quality
Fielding: feeble

Cloete

International Captain
Just the one pop for me.

Swagat Moodley - 18 yo, BT Rating=20,301
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, sublime
An attacking player with abysmal leadership skills and woeful experience.
Stamina: proficient Wicket Keeping: feeble
Batting: woeful Concentration: competent
Bowling: strong Consistency: proficient

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
mikeW said:
Hook finnally to Competant bowling

Clark Hook - 18 yo, BT Rating=25,652
LH Batsman, LH Spin Bowler, superb batting form, competent bowling form, invigorated
A defensive player with woeful leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: strong Wicket Keeping: mediocre
Bowling: competent Consistency: quality
Finally looking like an alright player :D

Also, Cloete, I love "Swagat Moodley", Lion King-esque a la Nibbs' "Mutasa"

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Robertinho said:
Finally looking like an alright player :D

Also, Cloete, I love "Swagat Moodley", Lion King-esque a la Nibbs' "Mutasa"
There's actually a guy called Simba King, pity he's in a bot team. There's also a guy named 'Prince King', and and there's a Simba Crowe in the WI U19 team and a Simba Fuller in the NT as well.

This must surely be the classiest name in BT though: http://195.149.144.130/nl/playerDetails.asp?playerID=83201

Last edited:

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Adamc said:
That would be because the bug is either a) selective; b) fixed; or c) both. Anyway seems to be fixed for everyone now, except for the BTR rises/non-rises which are apparently going to be back to normal at the next training update.
Isn't fixed for me, my keeper is still drained. E-mailing devs...

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
PY said:
Join the league or the Cup?

I'm afraid the Cup has begun so it won't be possible for you to join in that at the moment. But another one will be run near the beginning of the new season which I believe will start around the start of May-ish.

Sorry! :)
PY, i joined the League.. it also says i have a first match this weekend.. is it worth playing still or what? and how do u find out yur ranking and so forth..
sorry about asking u all these questions, but i don't know anyone who would be able to help me.. as u are the only one who responded me..

i somehow managed to gather this information, if this could help u define me stuff...

General Manager: alternative
Region: Surrey
One Day League: #4 in V.226
Ground: Alternative XI CG

would appreciate it...
Thanx..

Last edited:

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Just got a 20yo strong/proficient batsman for 582k, trying to fill out my middle order a bit. The main reason he didn't go for a lot more is that he only popped to strong yesterday, so he appeared on the transfer market as a proficient batsman (had to click on his player page to see that he'd popped). Got Spin obviously didn't notice him. :p Anyway he just needs some stamina (feeble atm) and should be a decent no. 4 or 5, and I think I could re-sell him later in the season for 1 mil or more if I needed to.

I was thinking about getting the quality batsman on the market at the moment (noticed a couple of people from here bidding on him) but wanted to have enough money leftover to get a pretty gun bowler. Should still have enough to get the kind of bowler I'm looking for - ideally I'd like a strong bowler with proficient+ stamina, don't really care if they're of a trainable age or not, just need a solid bowler with high stamina before FC starts. Will probably continue to train Badley and Malik in bowling if I don't buy another bowling trainee, they'll both be 20 by next season but they should be good enough by then to justify getting primary nets.

trevor_vayro

U19 Vice-Captain
Training was a bit of an ugly bird for me - You'd take it, and probably enjoy it, just so long as there was nothing else on offer and none of your mates found out, but you know in your heart of hearts that you could really have done much better. The highlight was Bewers popping to Feeb Bat after just one batting net, so my hunch about him having a little something about him willow-in-hand has been born out. Although not entirely sure what to do with him now, given that he's unlikely to ever bat much higher than No.8/9 in my order then I guess the sensible thing would be to quit while I'm ahead and transfer his batting net elsewhere.

The only other pop was Mullins to Feeb Conc, which is useful as I've decided to rack up his Stam and Batting and thrust him into the breach as opening bat, although I was hoping that he'd reach Strong Cons before pulling his fielding net, but beggars can't wear Levis - Well accept when I gave a few pairs away to the beggars outside my hotel in India, in order to make additional room in my case for Marlborough Lights at 80p a pack! Who was I kidding that I was ever going to be a 30 inch waist again anyway?!

But I digress! Now I've made the decision to flog the recklessly irresponsible Haldane for a grotesque profit, it leaves me with the dilemma of with whom do I replace him as opener? Mullins is about the only candidate, having the right brand of a steady temperament, and passable Stam and Conc. He's no more than a week or so away from Resp Bat, so hopefully I can get him up to Prof before pulling his net, which should be enough to hold up an end while Staveley does his stuff. The only worry is how much opening the batting as well as bowling ten overs is going to mullah his fitness? What sort of Stam level do you think I'm going to have to get him up to in order to cope? - I was thinking that hopefully Comp would do it, but do you think it'd need to be more than that?

Mind you, Mullins had a rather inauspicious start to his opening career in my friendly on Sunday, as the 'Gurs' Golden Boy recorded what I think could have been the slowest Battrick innings of all time. He sleep walked his way to 68 off 141 balls, and in the process single-handedly managed to precipitate an humiliating defeat against a team I should have put to bed without breaking sweat. I know that the perceived wisdom for this sluggishness would be hitting the Stam Wall, but A, With Feeb Stam, he's hardly the worst tub-a-lard in my team, B, He then went on to bowl 10/2/31/0, so nowt much up with his Stam there, and C, previously when I've had players hit the Stam Wall, they've raced to 20/30, and then stopped dead, but Mullins was pedestrian from the outset, he just never got any momentum going.

Anyway, if my recent run of form has taught me anything it's that my batting is woefully inadequate in comparison to my competitors. So I've decided that Haldane and Burke are going on the transfer market for starting prices of £150k and £130K respectively, to provide a transfer kitty which I'll chuck another £100K or so into in order to try and pick up a strong/Sup, or maybe a younger Prof batsman. It does mean that I'll have to revert back to playing Crick, Comp RFM, but with an economy of 3.91, on present form, he's probably pushing Burke for his place in any case. Also, with Mullins moving up to open, I'll have to recall Wynne-Willson, Low/Mid Comp, to bat at No.7 - But I was always going to have to make sacrifices somewhere in order to address the batting situation, and hopefully with a stronger top order I won't reach No7 as often in any case.

But before I can do any of that Haldane has got to pop to Resp bat! I think he must have been mitching training, as after two weeks of one net as a 17yo, and twelve weeks of one net at 18yo, he still hasn't had one solitary poxy pop. Is this some kind'a record?

Oh, one footnote, my most humble apologies to the Rt. Rev James, if my liberal use of the Swansea vernacular has offended him in any way. I am of course available for him to hear my confession at his convenience. But seriously, if you are indeed the Cricketweb owner, then fair enough, it's your site and your rules, I'll rephrase any more colourful metaphors in future posts. And I hope I haven't offended any of you, my only intentions were to glean some much-needed Battrick advice, and hopefully spread a little light entertainment along the way.

Later, Trev

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Verde's continuing to pop - seems to get one just about every week :D

1. Gaz Verde - 18 yo, BT Rating=22,072
LH Batsman, LF Bowler, mediocre batting form, superb bowling form, sublime
A destructive player with competent leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: mediocre Concentration: superb
Bowling: competent Consistency: superb
Fielding: competent

Batting next I'll wager

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Bardle had 3 pops:D

Gareth Bardle - 17 yo, BT Rating=6,614
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, proficient batting form, strong bowling form, sublime
A cautious player with woeful leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: woeful Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: woeful
Bowling: proficient Consistency: mediocre

Maurice Aldred - 19 yo, BT Rating=7,619
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, respectable batting form, superb bowling form, fresh
An attacking player with woeful leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: respectable Concentration: competent
Bowling: mediocre Consistency: mediocre

Kevin Sugden - 27 yo, BT Rating=6,167
LH Batsman, LM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, sublime
A defensive player with feeble leadership skills and woeful experience.
Stamina: feeble Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: feeble Concentration: competent
Bowling: respectable Consistency: woeful

Kevin Norris - 20 yo, BT Rating=3,650
LH Batsman, LFM Bowler, proficient batting form, superb bowling form, invigorated
A cautious player with worthless leadership skills and worthless experience.
Stamina: abysmal Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: abysmal Concentration: woeful
Bowling: competent Consistency: mediocre

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Just one pop this week.

Wolde Wilmers - 19 yo, BT Rating=9,119
LH Batsman, LF Bowler, superb batting form, strong bowling form, sublime
A defensive player with proficient leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: woeful
Batting: mediocre Concentration: proficient
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: feeble

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
One pop this week...

Nick Saint - 17 yo, BT Rating=6,717
RH Batsman, RM Bowler, proficient batting form, respectable bowling form, fresh
An attacking player with competent leadership skills and worthless experience.
Stamina: woeful Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: mediocre Concentration: mediocre
Bowling: proficient Consistency: feeble

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Adamc said:
Just got a 20yo strong/proficient batsman for 582k, trying to fill out my middle order a bit. The main reason he didn't go for a lot more is that he only popped to strong yesterday, so he appeared on the transfer market as a proficient batsman (had to click on his player page to see that he'd popped). Got Spin obviously didn't notice him. :p Anyway he just needs some stamina (feeble atm) and should be a decent no. 4 or 5, and I think I could re-sell him later in the season for 1 mil or more if I needed to.

I was thinking about getting the quality batsman on the market at the moment (noticed a couple of people from here bidding on him) but wanted to have enough money leftover to get a pretty gun bowler. Should still have enough to get the kind of bowler I'm looking for - ideally I'd like a strong bowler with proficient+ stamina, don't really care if they're of a trainable age or not, just need a solid bowler with high stamina before FC starts. Will probably continue to train Badley and Malik in bowling if I don't buy another bowling trainee, they'll both be 20 by next season but they should be good enough by then to justify getting primary nets.
You cannot be serious! Been away. Really annoying. need another batsmen

Just the one bowling pop at training

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.