• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [18/10/06] : Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Adamc said:
Because of all the new users this season, players seem to be selling for much more.
I just saw a competent 19yo bowler go for 175k. :blink: Admittedly he had competent consistency as well, but still...

And a 26yo competent batsmen is currently on 186k...

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I don't get it, some managers bid over 100k for players you can just get for 1k if you look enough.

Scaly piscine

I just got this guy for 1,000. Can't believe no-one else bid:

Anton Gooch - 17 yo, BT Rating=1,662
LH Batsman, LFM Bowler, respectable form, Healthy
A cautious player with competent leadership skills and worthless experience.
Stamina: woeful Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: feeble Concentration: feeble
Bowling: woeful Consistency: mediocre
Fielding: feeble

With that BT rating he's probably not very close to popping up to the next level in the various skills, but still...

By the way what sort of percentage increase do you get for PR officers, I only have 1 at the moment and I'm getting nearly 7k in sponsors a week. Would an extra PR officer increase that by say 70-80%?

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Scaly piscine said:
I just got this guy for 1,000. Can't believe no-one else bid:

Anton Gooch - 17 yo, BT Rating=1,662
LH Batsman, LFM Bowler, respectable form, Healthy
A cautious player with competent leadership skills and worthless experience.
Stamina: woeful Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: feeble Concentration: feeble
Bowling: woeful Consistency: mediocre
Fielding: feeble

With that BT rating he's probably not very close to popping up to the next level in the various skills, but still...

By the way what sort of percentage increase do you get for PR officers, I only have 1 at the moment and I'm getting nearly 7k in sponsors a week. Would an extra PR officer increase that by say 70-80%?
Last week I got 23k with three sponsors. That was with sponsors' confidence at 'ecstatic'. The sponsors' confidence resets at the end of the season, so my income from sponsors this week is about 17k. It's definitely worth getting another one or two, given that they only cost 1.5k/wk.

Scaly piscine

Hired another 2, will see what happens when the finances update. If it goes up by 10k or thereabouts I'll probably hire at least 1 more. I should have really just hired an extra one at a time and tried to figure out how the increases work. If it works on something like the next PR being worth 0.85 times the last one then it's worth getting 10 of them for example.

Hoggy31

International Captain
Well *sigh* Looks like the thing is broken again

"The game is underway. We shall be joining our commentators shortly for ball-by-ball commentary."

Hoggy31

International Captain
Still Winnable, 113/4 after 23. Colley and Binns there on 25 and 5 respectively, 4 out of the 5 people to come can bat (medi, medi, medi, feeb. then worth.)

Hoggy31

International Captain
Very nice recovery, Match in the balance now

End of Over 30: 163-4, runrate=5.43, reqrunrate=5.90 (280-5)

Colley* 46 (58 balls)
Binns 33 (36 balls)

118 runs to win from 120 balls

Hoggy31

International Captain
End of Over 37: 206-6, runrate=5.57, reqrunrate=5.77 (280-5)
Clare 7-0-43-1
Binns* 54 (56 balls)
Flowers 0 (7 balls)

75 to win from 78 balls

Still a good chance

Hoggy31

International Captain
End of Over 43: 238-6, runrate=5.53, reqrunrate=6.14 (280-5)

Flowers* 12 (21 balls)
Binns 72 (79 balls)

43 from 42

C'mon!!!!

Hoggy31

International Captain
End of Over 45: 251-6, runrate=5.58, reqrunrate=6.00 (280-5)
Wire 8-0-58-1
Binns* 81 (85 balls)
Flowers 16 (27 balls)

30 from 30, BRUCEY BINNS - What a legend!!

Status
Not open for further replies.