• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [18/10/06] : Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
My first signing:

Geoff Verma - 17 yo, BT Rating=2,734
LH Batsman, LH Spin Bowler, respectable form, Healthy
An attacking player with woeful leadership skills and worthless experience.
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: feeble Concentration: abysmal
Bowling: woeful Consistency: woeful
Fielding: feeble

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
That's weird, last season all the league games were on Friday I think. I guess they've staggered it now to cope with the increased number of matches being played. Second round Cup draws finally out, was hoping to draw a bot but i'm playing a new team instead. All their players have <5,000 ratings, so I might play that game on 'take it easy' as well.

And since everyone's posting their transfers, here's my latest acquisition, at the end of last season:

Christian Male (105898) (descriptive name...)
RH Batsman, RM Bowler, woeful form, Healthy
An attacking player with respectable leadership skills and worthless experience.

Plays For: Asterix XI
Nationality: England
Battrick Rating: 4,509
Wages: £1,518 p/w

Stamina: abysmal Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: abysmal Concentration: woeful
Bowling: proficient Consistency: feeble
Fielding: woeful

Obviously he was 19 when I bought him. That set me back 147k, which wasn't too much I think. Because of all the new users this season, players seem to be selling for much more. I've seen a few 20-something proficient bowlers going for over 300k lately. Hopefully he'll pop to strong bowling soon so I can give his net session to someone younger. Will need to give him some stamina training before the FC matches come around as well.

Last edited:

nibbs

International Captain
nice aquisition, adam

i'm not quite sure what to do transfer wise at the moment. i'm think that i might just go with the line up i currently have then purchase a respectable or proficient batsmen when i have the necessary money

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Just won the game...

Magical Ponies 403/3
Andrew 130 (123)
Kenna 111 (87)
Sutton 95* (71)
Hodges 46* (23)

Crescent head CC 287
Havill 76
Walcott 56
Brainbridge
Heard 8/0/36/3
Cave 8.3/0/40/3
Ohara 10/0/65/2

We win by 116 runs.
I like playing bots :D. Will probably get knocked out of the cup next round where I come up against a real team

cameeel

International Captain
I got caned :@

Terminator CC: 5-313

Jordan 118
Serrant 105
Bryant 51*

Kipper XI: 172 (44.3)

Waterhouse 50
South 45*

Result: Terminator CC win by 141 runs

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Whoa, I just decided randomly to promote a rookie - and this is him:

Code:
Stamina:  	abysmal  	Wicket Keeping:  	worthless
Batting: 	worthless 	Concentration: 	mediocre
Bowling: 	respectable 	Consistency: 	worthless
Fielding: 	woeful
He's 19 and he's my best bowler by a mile!

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Looks good. I promoted a youth player every week last season (may as well, they only cost 500 pounds, plus the academy fees of course) and the best I managed was a 17yo competent bowler (now an 18yo respectable bowler). Managed to sell a couple of others (mediocres and feebles) but fired the rest.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Robertinho said:
What rate would a 19 year old develop with net sessions?
It would probably take 13/14 weeks to get an increase in batting/bowling/keeping with one coach. The first skill increase might come quicker though, as the players don't necessarily start at the bottom of their skill level, if you know what I mean. E.g. your player might start on respectable + 11 weeks training, meaning that he might go to proficient in just two weeks or so. When I started I had a 19yo strong batsmen who went to superb after about four weeks. If you use more than one coach on one player the training time cuts down quite a lot.

Last edited:

Hoggy31

International Captain
Bought this guy today for 4k
Duncan Isherwood - 17 yo, BT Rating=1,973
RH Batsman, RF Bowler, respectable form, Healthy
An attacking player with woeful leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: abysmal Wicket Keeping: feeble
Batting: feeble Concentration: feeble
Bowling: woeful Consistency: feeble

Scaly piscine

Hoggy31 said:
Bought this guy today for 4k
Duncan Isherwood - 17 yo, BT Rating=1,973
RH Batsman, RF Bowler, respectable form, Healthy
An attacking player with woeful leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: abysmal Wicket Keeping: feeble
Batting: feeble Concentration: feeble
Bowling: woeful Consistency: feeble
Looks good value to me. I've got someone like that but a year older and a little more developed.

Scaly piscine

What the hell... my game just skipped from the opposition being 130-1 ish after 32 overs to the end scorecard with my side winning by 5 wickets, 6.1 overs remaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.