• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [18/10/06] : Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
I think that's quite a reasonable purchase as long as you're willing to train him, seeing as he is already 21. Judging by the wages I'd guess he's (at the very worst - i.e. allowing £50 for his bowling) 3/4 of the way to popping in batting and 'keeping, or very close in one skill and about halfway in the other. A respectable/respectable would be worth quite a bit more. Once the changes to stamina training are made (week 8) you should train that up as well.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Am getting slaughered in my game, as I expected. They made 2/354 and I'm currently 2/144 off 26, Griffin on 72* off 71. I'm on TIE as I've no real hope of winning and am just going for the fitness boost. But I'm very annoyed that I forgot to elect to bat if I won the toss, as that would have most likely resulted in the game being over quicker.

brenoevo

U19 12th Man
Adamc said:
I think that's quite a reasonable purchase as long as you're willing to train him, seeing as he is already 21. Judging by the wages I'd guess he's (at the very worst - i.e. allowing £50 for his bowling) 3/4 of the way to popping in batting and 'keeping, or very close in one skill and about halfway in the other. A respectable/respectable would be worth quite a bit more. Once the changes to stamina training are made (week 8) you should train that up as well.
Thanks for the advice. After the week 8 changes come in ill open up some nets and give him a batting and a keeping net so that hopefully he should be at respectable for both by the start of next season.

andyc

My game:

Band of Hawks 2/354
Chillingworth 175* (160), Hodgen 89 (88), Edge 53 (42)
Drench 1/73, Giles 1/79, Dunne 0/43

Magical Ponies (TIE) 202 (40.4)
Griffin 96* (114), Drench 28 (45), Sutton 24 (41)
Stroud 4/50, Pepper 3/41, Molesly 1/37

Magical Ponies won the toss and elected to field.
Reporter's Summary
Magical Ponies Band of Hawks
Top Order: competent proficient
Middle Order: feeble respectable
Lower Order: abysmal abysmal
Seam Bowling: mediocre strong
Spin Bowling: mediocre competent
Fielding: woeful mediocre

Stroud stupidly with MOTM due to his 4-fer and 21.*

Given that I TIE'd, I'm not too upset with that result. We were going well until the lower-middle order collapsed (the last 5 wickets went for 6 runs), but it's a pity Griffin didn't get his century.

Edit: Does the number 3 get factored into the top order or middle order? Because if it's the middle order, that's a pretty strange rating given that my number 3 (Griffin) is now strong

Last edited:

PY

International Coach
Pillaged my opposition today on TIE. Wahoo.

Bangalore Athletic 88ao (33 overs)
Malik 3/16
Mills 3/20
Singh 2/4

Boggles 90/0 (13.3 overs)
Singh 42* (41)
Chanderpaul 41* (41)

Boggles
Top Order: respectable
Middle Order: mediocre
Lower Order: abysmal
Seam Bowling: competent
Spin Bowling: competent
Fielding: mediocre

MOTM: Singh

Found myself disappointed because I waited all week for it but I guess I shouldn't complain too much. :D

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Lost by 60 runs against a team with quality spin bowling. I really need some new bowlers, hopefuly get some freak youth pull :P Annoying, two of my batsmen got 99 and 98 :(

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
andyc said:
Edit: Does the number 3 get factored into the top order or middle order? Because if it's the middle order, that's a pretty strange rating given that my number 3 (Griffin) is now strong
Top order is 1-3. It sometimes gives unusually low ratings - a few of weeks ago I got respectable top order with Cuss (remarkable), Hera (superb) and Bridge (respectable).

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Hmmmm my games is still not underway it says The game is underway. We shall be joining our commentators shortly for ball-by-ball commentary.
Has this happened before?

Scaly piscine

mikeW said:
Hmmmm my games is still not underway it says The game is underway. We shall be joining our commentators shortly for ball-by-ball commentary.
Has this happened before?
Yep, the site itself is barely loading now.

Scaly piscine

Site seems to be back to normal, opoonents have two destructive high skill bats in, need to get them out quickly.

brenoevo

U19 12th Man
Won my match pretty easily. My strong openers are guns in division V
Aru 6/279 50overs
Christiaan 142 (138)
Bodfish 47 (105)
Westhead 3/52

College Dropouts 0/282 39.5overs
Kennedy 152 (136) not out
Jayasuriya 110 (107) not out

andyc

Guys, can someone tell me how this happened?

This is the current state of my ground:

Standing Room: 6600
Uncovered Seats: 2250
Covered Seats: 650
Members Seats: 500

(I am aware they're not in the right ratio)

Yet, in my game today, held at my ground, I got these figures:

Attendance: 15605
Standing: 7023
Sitting: 6242
Covered Seats: 1716
Members area: 624

:wacko:

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Same thing happened last season when there were a few bugs going around, but I don't think people were actually receiving income for the excess seats. If you actually got that attendance you would receive £114,691 (or thereabouts), check your diary to see how much you got.

Scaly piscine

Yea, another Battrick 'display bug'. It's actually quite useful if you're planning on expanding your ground.

Opponents have finally dipped below 6 an over after 30.2 overs. One guy has hit the stamina wall, the other is low competent, so not much left in their batting, their bowling is rubbish - so I have a chance chasing almost anything.

Scaly piscine

9th wicket stand dragging on and on, can be sure if it was my team batting with much greater depth against weaker death bowlers it would have been 6 7 8 9 10 jack.

263 all out, finally. If they don't chase that against this lot I give up. Howlett ended with an unlikely 5-fer.

Last edited:

Scaly piscine

Code:
End of Over 8: 77-0, runrate=9.63, reqrunrate=4.45 (263-10) 
Cooke 4-0-35-0 
Armstrong* 27 (24 balls) 
Dillon 39 (25 balls)

7.6 lb4 Cooke to Dillon 
    Rudd should be able to take those. 
7.5 1 Cooke to Armstrong 
    Just a short arm jab, back past the bowler for one. 
7.4 3 Cooke to Dillon 
    That's intelligent cricket, Dillon is finding the gaps with ease, three runs. 
7.3 3 Cooke to Armstrong 
    That’s a good throw in but Rudd doesn’t gather it cleanly and Armstrong scampers the third. 
7.2 4 Cooke to Armstrong 
    No point in hanging around! FOUR! 
7.1 b4 Cooke to Armstrong 
    Brute pace is all very well but it has to be controlled. That's just giving away runs. 

End of Over 7: 58-0, runrate=8.29, reqrunrate=4.79 (263-10) 
Kaye 4-0-32-0 
Armstrong* 19 (20 balls) 
Dillon 36 (23 balls)

6.6 4 Kaye to Dillon 
    Advanced, managed to play it past a diving mid off fielder and it goes straight to the boundary. 
6.5 6 Kaye to Dillon 
    Dillon has smashed that one straight over the head of Kaye and...... yes, out of the stadium. That was the biggest hit I've seen in my career! 
6.4 1 Kaye to Armstrong 
    Gently worked around the legs to backward square. 
6.3 1 Kaye to Dillon 
    Attempted hook shot but he edges it and picks up a single. 
6.3 nb6 Kaye to Dillon 
    no ball, That one's entered the upper atmosphere! 
6.2 1 Kaye to Armstrong 
    Armstrong slashes one down to third man for an easy single. 
6.1 1 Kaye to Dillon 
    Forward, deep backward point runs in to field the ball. 

End of Over 6: 37-0, runrate=6.17, reqrunrate=5.16 (263-10) 
Cooke 3-0-24-0 
Dillon* 18 (18 balls) 
Armstrong 17 (18 balls)
I like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.