• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [18/10/06] : Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
This is my YP with no ITS.

William Grabb (428799)
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, respectable batting form, respectable bowling form, fresh
A cautious player with strong leadership skills and worthless experience.

Plays For: Boulevard Bombers
Nationality: West Indies
Battrick Rating: 818
Wages: £250 p/w

Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: abysmal Concentration: abysmal
Bowling: worthless Consistency: worthless
Fielding: worthless

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bugger!

Griffin out now, best batsman gone. Not that it really matters cause we were batting so stupidly anyway. Drench still taking the **** with his batting. I did put him on normal, but 13* off 48 balls is probably only normal to Michael Vandot

End of Over 25: 88-3, runrate=3.52
Karthikeyan 6-0-13-1
Nomvete* 1 (4 balls)
Drench 13 (48 balls)

Edit: Have picked it up a bit thanks to Nomvete and some extras. I'll be happy with anything around 220, although it'll be nothing to chase down on this pitch (hard and fast)

End of Over 31: 119-3, runrate=3.84
Karthikeyan 9-0-23-1
Drench* 19 (61 balls)
Nomvete 21 (27 balls)

Edit: Uh oh

End of Over 41: 147-5, runrate=3.59
Hall 6-1-23-2
Parr* 1 (1 balls)
Nomvete 31 (66 balls)

Hall gets Drench (a good thing relally) and then Keates in one over.

Last edited:

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Hellas 7/220 from 44 overs
Halford 25* (40)
Dagnall 105 (110)
Mcclaren 65 (91)
Mills 1/39 (10.0)
Hignett 2/56 (10.0)
Payton 3/27 (7.0)

An awesome fightback!! They were 1/115 after 20 - 1/171 after 31 - and then their two superb batsmen ran out of stamina and went out. At one point Mills had 6-0-30-0 (very attacking :D), but then in his last four overs he took 1/9. Hignett was 5-0-38-0, but then took 2/18 in his last five overs.

I've gotta give some credit to Adam, he's the one who told me I should unleash Mills on Very attacking and that I should "attack" their middle/lower order.. which is working. Need to restrict them to something below 250.. or even 250. Which will be tough to chase :-O

andyc

Nice there Rob, good stuff.
Have picked it up a bit in the last few overs, Nomvete hitting a 6 to bring up his 50

End of Over 46: 188-5, runrate=4.09
Dennis 8-0-36-1
Parr* 17 (14 balls)
Nomvete 56 (83 balls)

Uh oh, Parr just got out. Into the bowlers now.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Even though all my tailenders are set on V Defensive, and are "worthless", they usually hit like 5-10 runs off as many balls :-O

Ok, this is there team
Batting -
Proficient
Superb
Superb
Strong
Proficient
Respectable
(then crap)

Bowling -
SEAM
Quality (LF)
Proficient (LM)
Respectable (LF)
Superb (LF)
SPIN
Proficient (RH Spin)

I've got #1 on Normal, #2 and #3 on V Defensive, to see off the two openers (Quality and Superb).

andyc

Phew, finally over and I wasn't bowled out. Possibly the worst batting effort there from my team. Everyone was just horribly slow, despite being on attacking or very attacking. Only Nomvete stood up, and he was still too slow.

End of Over 50: 209-9, runrate=4.18
Dennis 10-0-51-2
Nomvete* 62 (89 balls)
Heard 5 (7 balls)

Hall finishes with 5/39 and two maidens...

andyc

Wow!
Dunne and Heard both strike in their first overs. Game on!

End of Over 2: 4-2, runrate=2.00, reqrunrate=4.29 (209-9)
Dunne 1-0-2-1
Felcher* 1 (3 balls)
Mcdougal 2 (4 balls)

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
5/53 after 15, RRR is up to 6.09.

Gray 22* (23)
Wolfenden 6* (15)

These two have put on 28 off 35.. who knows.. Graysuf Youhana is known to have a taste for big scores.

andyc

Finally!!! The third wicket!!

After a partnership of 153, which saw both players get 70s, Chillingworth has McDougal caught behind for 74. Am still completely done for mind you, barring a minor miracle.

End of Over 31: 157-3, runrate=5.06, reqrunrate=2.79 (209-9)
Chillingworth 9-0-43-1
Tarry* 1 (1 balls)
Felcher 72 (88 balls)

And Giles has Tarry, the new man in, stumped the next over!

Last edited:

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Omg i got my *** kicked on GFI. My lowest total ever, which is wierd since their ratings weren't even good. Oh well, out of the cup now

Got Spin Forest Green
Top Order: respectable proficient
Middle Order: competent competent
Lower Order: abysmal abysmal
Seam Bowling: mediocre competent
Spin Bowling: useless respectable
Fielding: feeble mediocre

ash chaulk

International Captain
i was on TIE and im thru to round 3

mightyeels 177a.o

Beevers 5/20
Kenna 3/52

Viveash 1/180 (27overs)

Blewitt 85n.o
Elvins 42
Lockwood 43n.o

mightyeels Viveash
Top Order: mediocre competent
Middle Order: feeble competent
Seam Bowling: feeble competent
Spin Bowling: competent competent
Fielding: mediocre feeble

MOTM: Beevers

andyc

Very much lost it now. Ah well, was expecting to lose, especially as I was on TIE. Still would have liked to see some more backbone from the batsmen. But the extra level in fitness will enable me to GFI for my next league match. I figure there's two teams in my league who I can beat, one of whom I played last week and thrashed. So if I just beat these two teams, and maybe spring and upset or two with the others, I should be able to avoid being relegated.

Anyway, the match ended up looking something like this:

Magical Ponies 9/209
Nomvete 62* (89), Drench 30 (81!!!!!!!!), Griffin 28 (46!!)
Hall 5/39, Denins 2/51. As a side note, Bourne with 0/24 and Karthikeyan with 1/25!

NSWSpeedBlitzBlues 4/210 (42)
Felcher 99* (118), McDougal 74 (97), Ahmed 23* (36)
Giles 1/14 (6), Chillingworth 1/48 (10), Dunne 1/51 (10)

Giles doing another good job with keeping his end tight. Drench had a hell of a bad game though, not only captaining the losing side, but with his poor batting and bowling (6 overs, 0/35). At least the ground was completely sold out. Given that my side didn't have great fitness and was on TIE, these ratings aren't too bad I guess. If I was on GFI I could have knocked them over, but then again maybe they were on TIE too.

Magical Ponies NSWSpeed Blitz Blues
Top Order: competent mediocre
Middle Order: feeble mediocre
Seam Bowling: mediocre competent
Spin Bowling: mediocre mediocre
Fielding: feeble mediocre

33/3from3.3

International Vice-Captain
WOW ive been away for 2 weeks and you guys give the site a makeover
anyway i had 2 wins while ive been away woohoo
2 guys got centuries in my league win,Nutter and Buckle,119* & 102* respectively
and 2 guys got 50s in my friendly , Stearman and Buckle, 59 & 77 respectively

cricketboy29

International Regular
Im in a bad shape in my cup game, 218-10 doesnt really inspire confidence in me that we will win the game.

End of Over 47: 218-10, runrate=4.64

brenoevo

U19 12th Man
Easy win in my cup game by 156 runs. Great couple of games for my opener Kennedy scoring 169 and 174* for league and cup this week.
College Dropouts 4/322 50overs
Kennedy 174 (150) Not Out MOTM
Boardley 58 (89)
munson's 11 10/166 43.3overs
Hamilton 3/20
Joyce 3/41

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
very happy with my win not so with how my team batted. We never really got a big partnership and at one stage were 5/94 before my lower order combined with Wight to post a respectable total.

Victoria Panthers 193 allout off just 43 overs

Drummond 52 (67)
Wight 44* (65)

With that target i though we may struggle but my bowler really bowled well.

Blacktown Bad Boyz allout for 180

Hook 4/22 with 4 maidens
Britain 3/23

Hook MOTM

PY

International Coach
Gradley blocks the ball. This seems like the perfect time to mention the modern methods used by groundsmen to curb the influx in vermin, and here's one of them... that hawk's got his prey and that's the largest cheer of the day.

:blink:

cricketboy29

International Regular
Ended up winning my cup game, the pitch it seems was bad for batting, since i got 218 all out, and they were all out for 138.

Status
Not open for further replies.