• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [18/10/06] : Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackCap_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Samuel_Vimes said:
What on earth is he? Woeful bowler with abysmal stamina?
Competent bowler, feeble stamina.

Ok, he's finally stopped bowling, with his figures at 7 - 0 - 71- 0. Damage has been done; they're going at over 7 an over.

Last edited:

BlackCap_Fan

State Vice-Captain
There is a god.

Code:
17.6 	.	Eagles to Appleton
 	 	Yorker! Superb ball from Eagles but Appleton is up to the task and jams his bat down to keep the ball out. Good cricket all round.
17.5 	.	Eagles to Appleton
 	 	Good ball pitched outside off stump and coming in, Appleton drives and gets an inside edge out to mid on, taking one hand off the handle as he played the shot.
17.4 	lb1	Eagles to Moore
 	 	Big shout from Eagles but the batsman grab a quick single.
17.3 	W	Eagles to Speight
 	 	Mansell is under it, he won't drop this one... ooooh, juggles it, but in the end hangs on! Speight lucked out there.
17.2 	W	Eagles to Hitchcock
 	 	Jags off the seam and takes the top edge of the bat and balloons straight to silly point!
17.1 	3	Eagles to Appleton
 	 	The ball didn't quite make it to the boundary because of the slow outfield, but the batsmen were still able to take three.
Mansell did something good for once.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well it was a destructive spin bowler opening the bowling (not a good idea usually) bowling to two destructive batsmen, so I think that explains some of the insaneness of it.

BlackCap_Fan

State Vice-Captain
I'm the Conquerors.

I didn't realise Mansell what a spinner. A fool I am.

edit: YES I GOT APPLETON

Code:
21.3 	W	Wilkes to Appleton
 	 	Appleton is arguing that he was far enough forward to that one. Umpire's not having any of it, though. On your way.

Last edited:

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Won my first league game this season. I thoroughly expect to gain promotion this season. If I don't it's a real disappointment. Played as normal for the match.

Boulevard Bombers
359/1- Patterson 176, Wilmers 116, Elton 57

Rastas
255 ao- Stanton 64,Keil 67, Elsegood 4/20

Boulevard Bombers
Top Order: feeble
Middle Order: feeble
Lower Order: worthless
Seam Bowling: mediocre
Spin Bowling: mediocre
Fielding: feeble

MOTM: Elsegood

BlackCap_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Eek. They finish on 349/8. Mansell turned in the brilliant figures of 10 - 0 - 107 - 1. Moore finishes on 106* from 97.

Lodge bowled well, getting 3- 57 from his ten, and wilkes with 1 - 40 off his. This ought to be fun.

Oooh! I made a good start. Lasted 5 balls before a wicket fell.

Last edited:

nibbs

International Captain
Whenuapai CC 319-4 (Hamshaw 55, Duggan 75, Lennon 71, Fry 54*) beat Cambridge Team 78AO (Holmes 31-7) by 241 runs.

Despite 4 batsmen reaching 50, none were able to push on for 3 figures. I really want Hamshaw and Duggan to make some big scores this season. Hamshaw in particular I'd like to see reach the top 15 career run scorers in NZ, whilst if Duggan is able to get amongst it, he might just be a chance of making the NZ u19s. More importantly though I'd like for him to out perform Hak's Shaka Herbert, te he he

Like roseyboy, I'm expecting to promote this season to division II. My side has come a long way in the last season, and I'm expecting big things.

nibbs

International Captain
Whenuapai CC
Top Order: respectable
Middle Order: respectable
Lower Order: abysmal
Seam Bowling: respectable
Spin Bowling: mediocre

at the end of last season i had ratings like these: Whenuapai CC Krikkit Robots
Top Order: strong
Middle Order: proficient
Lower Order: woeful
Seam Bowling: strong
Spin Bowling: competent

i don't get it, i just don't get it...

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
Hoy's Holy XI 342-2 (Livermore 138, Myhill 129, Flood 51*) defeated orange 191a.o. (Teague 29-3, Brooks 28-3) by 151 runs.

In the first ever league match for HHXI, openers Livermore and Myhill put the opposition bowlers to the sword making 261 for the first wicket. Bowlers were just holding the other team until the spinner Teague was introduced and got 3 quick middle order wickets in his first game :). It has made me think about picking another spinner up and turning the wicket into a dustbowl, for the time being. My league is pretty average so I hope to mount a good push for promotion this season.

Code:
Hoy's Holy XI won the toss and elected to bat.	
Reporter's Summary	
 		orange	  Hoy's Holy XI	
Top Order:	woeful	  mediocre	
Middle Order:	abysmal	  woeful	
Lower Order:	worthless	  worthless	
Seam Bowling:	woeful	  feeble	
Spin Bowling:	feeble	  mediocre	
Fielding:	woeful	  mediocre	

MOTM: Livermore

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Well I got thumped by 8 wickets as expected, really pathetic showing there. We were outclassed in the ratings but we still did a lot poorer than we should have really. My ratings were quite rubbish, bowling was as expected but I really thought we would get at least one level better on the top order rating. I suspect that's a bit to do with Cuss' (lack of) fitness which seems to have quite an effect judging by some of the NT matches.

One of the allrounders in the Australian national team (on low fitness) got out 2nd ball in his league match then proceeded to take 0/78 with the ball, so I think anything less than moderate fitness is going to be damaging. I think my opponent TIE'd so it's quite obvious that there's a big gap between us. Looking at NorCricket's ratings doesn't really inspire confidence either.

FWIW:
Code:
[B]  	Asterix XI 	Doobie Bombers[/B]
Top Order: 	proficient 	superb
Middle Order: 	competent 	proficient
Lower Order: 	woeful 	abysmal
Seam Bowling: 	proficient 	respectable
Spin Bowling: 	respectable 	proficient
Fielding: 	mediocre 	mediocre
I'm not going to be around for the next week or so, but my next two matches are easy ones so I should win both on TIE. Then I get to face Pebble Street who got very similar ratings to me, not sure if they TIE'd or not...hope not but I think they did.

Looks like it will be a long season for me, but at least I can't get relegated. Good news is that I sold out my 17.5k ground straight away, so I'm looking to do a major upgrade fairly soon, probably to 27k or something. Think I'm going to have to bite the bullet at some point this season and sell Gillespie, should be able to fetch at least 800k or something and if I've built up some cash I might buy a better allrounder, certainly a better bowler anyway.

Last edited:

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Need some advice. Got this nice youth pull, but should i sell him and buy someone older with secondries or keep and train?

Adrian Mcmillan (426685)
RH Batsman, LM Bowler, respectable batting form, respectable bowling form, fresh
A destructive player with mediocre leadership skills and worthless experience.

Plays For: Got Spin
Nationality: Australia
Battrick Rating: 2,432
Wages: £666 p/w

Stamina: abysmal Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: woeful
Bowling: respectable Consistency: worthless
Fielding: worthless

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
GoT_SpIn said:
Need some advice. Got this nice youth pull, but should i sell him and buy someone older with secondries or keep and train?

Adrian Mcmillan (426685)
RH Batsman, LM Bowler, respectable batting form, respectable bowling form, fresh

Did you use any ITS?

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
GoT_SpIn said:

Adrian Mcmillan (426685)

Haha that's never a good sign

Depends on your bowling really, but I know I'd keep him and just put him on some bowling and fitness nets. How come you gave him ITS for concentration if you also gave him some for bowling?

Status
Not open for further replies.