• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [18/10/06] : Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
cricketboy29 said:
If you wanted to search for one another skill that is needed for batting which one would it be?, consistency? or stamina?
Stamina is more important, a batsman will still perform with low consistency, but if they have like abysmal stamina they'll get to 30-40 and then crawl along for the rest of their innings.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Concentration rather than consistency is important for batsmen, but yeah, what SP said.

Just started my match, batting first and 16-0 after 4. They've got some very good bowlers but three of them are spinners so hopefully they won't be too effective on a green pitch. More worried about their batting, with superb batsmen at 3 and 4.

Last edited:

Scaly piscine

Aah, all over:

And that's the end of the match. Scaly Piscine CC won by 169 runs.
Scaly Piscine CC 289-4
Jasshire 120-10

New signing Rich Pace (yes that is his name) took 10-0-43-2, not particularly great given Jasshire's score, but not too bad either.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Mmhmm and I've just lost Cuss. New signing Hera hits three fours in his first five balls, but otherwise looking dire for me.

Edit: two down...great. Luckily it's only Bridge, but after Hera and Wynand (the two in now) there's no one particularly good.

Last edited:

Scaly piscine

Hmm didn't realise when I was 'watching' that Jasshire's batting order from 3 all the way through to 9 were clean bowled. Glad that only 1 of my bowlers bowled the full 10, the rest bowling 5-6 overs, good for the individual fitness levels since one or two might bowl in two days time in what should be an easy cup game.

Oh yea, and the usual dubious MoM, Dillon scores 94 off 130, Packer 92 off 100 - Dillon is MoM...

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
:laugh: We're floundering out there. 88-5 after 22 overs, haven't scored a run for three overs. I didn't actually think we'd do quite this badly, but then I didn't expect Cuss to get out for 11. Gillete and Challis in at the moment, neither of whom are very good. Interesting to see how Malik (competent/proficient) will do when he comes in, might have to bump him up the order if this sort of collapse becomes common for us.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah they're doing surprisingly well but I'm not sure how long they'll keep it up, probably not long. After these two only Malik knows how to pick up a bat, and he's never played a significant innings before.

I thought I'd check up to see how Berry (who I sold for 625k) has been doing for his new club. He made 2 runs. :laugh:

trevor_vayro

U19 Vice-Captain
All Gloom and Doom in the Cymru Gurgitaters' Dressingroom I'm afraid! We were comprehensively outplayed. Cymru Gurgitaters 228/6, Staveley 72 (117), Dunfield 53 (71), Carless 27 (24) - Glasby 4/53, Todd 2/39. Lancashire CCC 232/2, McGowan 102 (129), Woolley 73 (94), Naipaul 34 (30). The only bowlers to come out of it with any credit were Bewers, 1/42 and Mullins, 1/41 (9.0). Mullins also became the first Feeble bowler, to my knowledge, to take the wicket of a Strong batsman - At least I guess he's strong with wages of over £1700 a week?

But, given the S&M nature of my unadulterated thrashing and humiliation, the ratings were remarkably close.

LancashireCCC
Cymru Gurgitaters
Top Order:
respectable
competent
Middle Order:
mediocre
mediocre
Lower Order:
worthless
abysmal
Seam Bowling:
mediocre
mediocre
Spin Bowling:
mediocre
useless
Fielding:
mediocre
feeble
And the news doesn't get any better I'm afraid, as my next league opponents had Prof top order and Resp seam bowling - So it looks very much like I'll be waiting well into February for my first Division IV victory. I would TIE my Cup match and GFI next Fri, at least giving me a glimmer of a chance, but I can't! Firstly because I need to make sure I win the Cup game to guaranty three home games in a row to pay for my ground improvements. But more importantly, B, the manager of my Cup opponents is a woman - And whilst I think I'm probably going to get use to abject humiliation this season, I'm not prepared to lose to a bird just yet!!

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Lost my game by 7 wickets, dissapointed, here are the ratings

Code:
Reporter's Summary 
  Pearlstars XI Lancashire 
Top Order: proficient respectable 
Middle Order: mediocre mediocre 
Lower Order: woeful abysmal 
Seam Bowling: competent competent 
Spin Bowling: mediocre competent 
Fielding: mediocre competent

bah

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Crushing win for me in game one after cup exit. Bored of bot teams already:

Zebras 398-2 (Zia Ghandi 214*, Natraj Ahmed 117) beat Meerut CC 180 all out (Arun Ahmed 5-39) by 218 runs

Anyone want a friendly on Sunday? Indian side, bit of exotic talent?

Last edited:

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
3wide.com Strike CC 283-8 (no. 5 Elvins 55, no. 6 Penford 83; Tuck 3-60, Fear 3-61, Harris 2-48) lost to Dynamo Morpork 284-3 (48.5 ovs, Herbert 129, Lester 79, Crouch 44) by seven wickets.

Nice start to the season, beat the U19 coach, got 16,559 inside the ground, and the 18-year-old Herbert stars in the role as captain and opener in competitive cricket by making a century in an opening stand of 185. With a TIE to boot.

Code:
  	Dynamo Morpork 	3wide.com Strike CC
Top Order: 	proficient 	proficient
Middle Order: 	mediocre 	mediocre
Lower Order: 	abysmal 	abysmal
Seam Bowling: 	respectable 	competent
Spin Bowling: 	competent 	useless
Fielding: 	feeble 	feeble

Scaly piscine

Samuel_Vimes said:
3wide.com Strike CC 283-8 (no. 5 Elvins 55, no. 6 Penford 83; Tuck 3-60, Fear 3-61, Harris 2-48) lost to Dynamo Morpork 284-3 (48.5 ovs, Herbert 129, Lester 79, Crouch 44) by seven wickets.

Nice start to the season, beat the U19 coach, got 16,559 inside the ground, and the 18-year-old Herbert stars in the role as captain and opener in competitive cricket by making a century in an opening stand of 185. With a TIE to boot.

Code:
  	Dynamo Morpork 	3wide.com Strike CC
Top Order: 	proficient 	proficient
Middle Order: 	mediocre 	mediocre
Lower Order: 	abysmal 	abysmal
Seam Bowling: 	respectable 	competent
Spin Bowling: 	competent 	useless
Fielding: 	feeble 	feeble
TIE? How come you got these ratings with the same player bar one in a friendly after the new season reset:

Code:
 Sparbu Ambassadors      Dynamo Morpork 
Top Order:    competent  competent 
Middle Order: feeble     feeble 
Lower Order:  abysmal    worthless 
Seam Bowling: mediocre   competent 
Spin Bowling: proficient feeble 
Fielding:     feeble     feeble
Did you set training intensity to 0 or was there some bug?

PY

International Coach
Scaly piscine said:
TIE? How come you got these ratings with the same player bar one in a friendly after the new season reset:

Code:
 Sparbu Ambassadors      Dynamo Morpork 
Top Order:    competent  competent 
Middle Order: feeble     feeble 
Lower Order:  abysmal    worthless 
Seam Bowling: mediocre   competent 
Spin Bowling: proficient feeble 
Fielding:     feeble     feeble
Did you set training intensity to 0 or was there some bug?
Smells a bit fishy to me....

BlackCap_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Oh come on :(

Code:
End of Over 7: 44-2, runrate=6.29
Mansell	4-0-29-0
Appleton*	31 (21 balls)
Hitchcock	3 (4 balls)

Last Wicket: Adaham b. Lodge 4 (FOW: 21/2)

6.6 	1	Mansell to Appleton
 	 	Slower delivery, smacked down to mid off, Mckenzie fielding.
6.5 	6	Mansell to Appleton
 	 	Brilliant shot! SIX! The fielder was never going to catch that!
6.4 	6	Mansell to Appleton
 	 	Great shot , right out of the middle and it's gone a long long way.
6.3 	6	Mansell to Appleton
 	 	Great footwork from Appleton, advanced down the pitch and a lovely flourish as he hits that back over Mansell's head. Maximum!
6.2 	.	Mansell to Appleton
 	 	Angled in, on the front foot, defends to the off.
6.1 	1	Mansell to Hitchcock
 	 	Played away onto the leg side.

End of Over 6: 24-2, runrate=4.00
Now I'm getting tonked :( .

Good lord, Mansell is bowling **** and I can't stop it. :(

Edit: Mansell get out of my team:

Code:
0.6 	2	Mansell to Appleton
 	 	Played back past Mansell with the full face of the bat. Two runs.
10.6 	wd	Mansell to Appleton
 	 	Appleton takes an air swing as the ball goes just wide of leg stump. I half-expected the umpire to clip the non-striker over the ear then.
10.5 	6	Mansell to Appleton
 	 	Dances down the track and launches the ball all too easily over mid off. Mansell watches helplessly as the ball sails over the fence.
And that's his fifty! Well played.
10.4 	.	Mansell to Appleton
 	 	Wide of off, cut into the covers.
10.3 	.	Mansell to Appleton
 	 	Forward, squared up the batsman, stroked back down the pitch.
10.2 	.	Mansell to Appleton
 	 	Mansell comes around the wicket and it’s a very good ball. Nicely played.
10.1 	4	Mansell to Appleton
 	 	Nothing short of a hurricane could have stopped that!

Please..... Stop.....

Code:
12.6 	6	Mansell to Hitchcock
 	 	I think he's had too much spinach! Hitchcock has sent that one to Mars!
12.5 	4	Mansell to Hitchcock
 	 	Hitchcock executes the paddle sweep perfectly and picks up four behind square.
12.4 	2	Mansell to Hitchcock
 	 	Played away elegantly with just the right power to allow the batsmen to run two before Eagles can get it back into the keeper's gloves.
12.3 	4	Mansell to Hitchcock
 	 	Loose and pulled away for four.
12.2 	4	Mansell to Hitchcock
 	 	Beautiful cover drive! His captain will be pleased if he continues to play like that.
12.1 	4	Mansell to Hitchcock
 	 	Edged wide of Tolley and four.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.