• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [18/10/06] : Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

nibbs

International Captain
hey andy, i noticed that the result from the first one dayer out sides was supposed to play is now up and not those 2 random sides. dam interesting, just let me add...

PY

International Coach
Phew.

Boggles won by 50 runs.
Boggles 267-9
cleanbowled 217-10

Singh 50 (56)
Ahmed 44 (64)
Ahmed + 85 (118)

Liyanage 5/28
Chanderpaul 3/36

Pretty happy with that in the end as it was TIE. :)

Boggles
Top Order: mediocre
Middle Order: feeble
Lower Order: abysmal
Seam Bowling: competent
Spin Bowling: mediocre
Fielding: mediocre

Ratings really are poor though, is there any reason for that? Is individual fitness having that much of an effect?

Last edited:

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
nibbs said:
hey andy, i noticed that the result from the first one dayer out sides was supposed to play is now up and not those 2 random sides. dam interesting, just let me add...
Oh yeah. I got an email from them about two or three weeks (!!!!) after I'd told them about it. You thrashed me, by the way

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
PY said:
Ratings really are poor though, is there any reason for that? Is individual fitness having that much of an effect?
Probably mainly because you TIE'd, your previous matches this season are around the same level anyway. Once morale and fitness start to go up you'll get much better ratings.

Fitness wouldn't have affected your ratings much seeing as most of your players are sublime/energetic at the moment.

PY

International Coach
Adamc said:
Probably mainly because you TIE'd, your previous matches this season are around the same level anyway. Once morale and fitness start to go up you'll get much better ratings.

Fitness wouldn't have affected your ratings much seeing as most of your players are sublime/energetic at the moment.
Fair enough, obviously they aren't rubbish but I've had better.

Just being impatient about getting some better ratings I imagine. :)

Scaly piscine

Personally I don't see the point in TIEing cup games unless you're definitely going to win or definitely going to lose anyway (unless you've got a really small squad and they all have crap stamina). According to Adam you get 1 extra level of team fitness, which will probably disappear after a couple of weeks anyway (unless you've got fitness intensity set fairly low, which I dunno why you'd want to do that either). You get one extra level of morale for each round you survive... think I'll take all the morale boosts I can get while I can.

trevor_vayro

U19 Vice-Captain
Not going badly all things considered. Playing my first league match against a team who are generally a level or so better than me in all respects, and I'm 98/1 after 22. Dunfield's had his shredded Wheat this morning, 31, (26), and my one class act with the bat, Staveley is still there, though he's dragging his feet a bit, on 36 (57). So, so far so good, though I'm not counting my chickens yet, as it appears that today's BT match engine fad is to let teams get off to a good start of around a hundred for one or to in twenty odd overs, then chop them down for around 220 in forty or so overs.

Later, Trev

Scaly piscine

The green pitches can vary somewhat, I'm 135-1 off 26 on a green pitch but the weather is 'partially cloudy and humid' which can sometimes result in low scores, yours is set to 'sunny' so it might be better for batting.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Hmm, I have some questions about training.

I have an 18 year old with respectable batting, mediocre stamina, feeble keeping and concentration. According to Adam, he's going to pop this Monday. And I have a 20 year old with proficient bowling, mediocre stamina and respectable consistency. According to Adam, he's also about to pop to strong.

18yo is on 1 fitness net, 2 batting nets, 1 fielding net and 1 keeping net. 20yo is on 1 fitness net, 2 bowling nets and 1 fielding net.

How long will it take for 18yo to get to respectable stamina, strong batting, respectable concentration and respectable keeping? I'd mainly like to get respectable stamina and strong batting, so how far along would concentration and keeping be?

And how long will it take for 20yo to get to respectable stamina, superb bowling, and strong consistency? Same goes for this guy, I'd probably stop training him once he got to respectable stamina/superb bowling, so what would the consistency be by then?

A problem with getting stamina up at older ages, as Scaly has said, is that the increase in terms of % is greater than it is with batting and bowling. I'd be willing to compromise a fielding net once I got them up to a decent secondary level for another fitness net, if need be.

Help please?

Scaly piscine

Robertinho said:
Hmm, I have some questions about training.

I have an 18 year old with respectable batting, mediocre stamina, feeble keeping and concentration. According to Adam, he's going to pop this Monday.
18yo is on 1 fitness net, 2 batting nets, 1 fielding net and 1 keeping net.

How long will it take for 18yo to get to respectable stamina, strong batting, respectable concentration and respectable keeping? I'd mainly like to get respectable stamina and strong batting, so how far along would concentration and keeping be?
For the batting it would take whenever the first batting pop was plus about 8 weeks. The concentration should pop about once every 3-4 weeks. So overall could take anything from 7-12 weeks to get to respectable concentration depending on how high up the sublevel they are. Stamina will be the same scenario as the concentration pretty much. The keeping will take anything from 18 weeks to around 26 weeks depending on sublevels again. You might or might not hit the concentration by the time you've hit respectable stamina & strong batting, you'll be at least one level short on the keeping.

Robertinho said:
And I have a 20 year old with proficient bowling, mediocre stamina and respectable consistency. According to Adam, he's also about to pop to strong. 20yo is on 1 fitness net, 2 bowling nets and 1 fielding net.

And how long will it take for 20yo to get to respectable stamina, superb bowling, and strong consistency? Same goes for this guy, I'd probably stop training him once he got to respectable stamina/superb bowling, so what would the consistency be by then?
About 10 weeks for the second bowling pop, around 5 weeks per consistency pop (there aren't any figures for this yet, so unsure exactly how long it'll take) and the same again for stamina. Consistency should be at least strong by the time you'd 'probably stop training him'.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Scaly piscine said:
For the batting it would take whenever the first batting pop was plus about 8 weeks. The concentration should pop about once every 3-4 weeks. So overall could take anything from 7-12 weeks to get to respectable concentration depending on how high up the sublevel they are. Stamina will be the same scenario as the concentration pretty much. The keeping will take anything from 18 weeks to around 26 weeks depending on sublevels again. You might or might not hit the concentration by the time you've hit respectable stamina & strong batting, you'll be at least one level short on the keeping.
So it's 8 weeks for an 18yo with 2 batting nets? Hmmk. And concentration only once every 3-4 weeks? With 2 batting, 1 fielding and 1 keeping net?? I could also use 2 stamina nets if required, how long would it take then? Keeping.. meh.. I might just keeping him on 1/2 keeping nets to get him to a good level.

Scaly piscine said:
About 10 weeks for the second bowling pop, around 5 weeks per consistency pop (there aren't any figures for this yet, so unsure exactly how long it'll take) and the same again for stamina. Consistency should be at least strong by the time you'd 'probably stop training him'.
Once again, does it really take 5 weeks? With a bowling + fielding net? Also, like with 18yo, I could use 2 fitness nets if need be, how much quicker would that be?

trevor_vayro

U19 Vice-Captain
Told You!!! Cymru Gurgitaters 228/6 (50.0) Staveley top scored with a sluggish 72 in 115 balls, ably supported by Dunfield with 53 off 60. But once the runs dried up for those two, at around 140 in 28 or 29, that was pretty much curtains for the entire innings. Nobody could really get going, with the exception of my keeper, Carless, who injected some much-needed late impetus with 24 off 17. Don't suppose I can be too disappointed given the disparity in our ratings, but I'm gutted given the start we had.

Scaly piscine

Robertinho said:
So it's 8 weeks for an 18yo with 2 batting nets? Hmmk. And concentration only once every 3-4 weeks? With 2 batting, 1 fielding and 1 keeping net?? I could also use 2 stamina nets if required, how long would it take then? Keeping.. meh.. I might just keeping him on 1/2 keeping nets to get him to a good level.

Once again, does it really take 5 weeks? With a bowling + fielding net? Also, like with 18yo, I could use 2 fitness nets if need be, how much quicker would that be?
I forgot about the keeping net, probably 2-3 weeks then for concentration - it's somewhat of an unknown to be honest as is the 20yo with bowling + fielding. As for the 20yo, I know it's 2-3 weeks for a 17yo with bowling + fielding, and that the times for secondaries tend to increase rapidly in percentage terms as a player gets older - so 5 weeks is my slightly pessimistic estimate. A second fitness net would work at around 70% efficiency, so 3-4 weeks would be reduced to 2-3 weeks.

Scaly piscine

trevor_vayro said:
Told You!!! Cymru Gurgitaters 228/6 (50.0) Staveley top scored with a sluggish 72 in 115 balls, ably supported by Dunfield with 53 off 60. But once the runs dried up for those two, at around 140 in 28 or 29, that was pretty much curtains for the entire innings. Nobody could really get going, with the exception of my keeper, Carless, who injected some much-needed late impetus with 24 off 17. Don't suppose I can be too disappointed given the disparity in our ratings, but I'm gutted given the start we had.
By Battrick standards you didn't have that great a start, only at around 4 an over in the first 15 (when the fielding restrictions are in place). It's fairly common to see the first 15 go at 6 an over or more and for teams to still struggle to get 300.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
End of Over 27: 131-5, runrate=4.85, reqrunrate=9.00 (337-4)
Crowhurst 4-0-18-1
Devapriya* 4 (12 balls)
Aldred 65 (69 balls) :(

cricketboy29

International Regular
If you wanted to search for one another skill that is needed for batting which one would it be?, consistency? or stamina?

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
And that's the end of the match. VCC won by 6 wickets.
pingkings 179-10
VCC 180-4

1st win in the bag :)

Status
Not open for further replies.