• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [18/10/06] : Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Wow, you're caning them Hoggy

195/9 at the end of the 47th, still struggling for the last wicket. This partnership is worth 33 runs.

Hoggy31

International Captain
And that's the end of the match. WA won by 10 wickets.
Heidelberg rgh CC 110-10
WA 114-0

End of Over 15: 114-0, runrate=7.60

Street* 50 (40 balls)
Townsend 58 (49 balls)

Yay

andyc

Hoggy31 said:
Good stuff andaman

What type of pitch u playing on?
I'd be a lot happier if we could finish them off. The decent batsmen in the partnership just brought up a fifty with a six, and they're now 211/9 with 5 balls left. The bowler with the last over already has four so hopefully he can get a 5-for. It's a green pitch we're on.

And you absolutely smashed your opposition!

Edit: Bugger. 215/9 off the 50, a last wicket partnership of 53.

Last edited:

Hoggy31

International Captain
Haha, Just saw that i had them at 34/8 at one stage! Shouldn't have let them pass 50 :@

Last edited:

andyc

Last ball of the innings:
49.6 . Heard to Browne
He’s left that alone. How many more like that can Browne resist.

Well...

cameeel

International Captain
Boons Bunch 3-311 off 50 overs RR: 6.32

Kipper XI: 0-111 off 19 overs RR: 5.89

Not a bad position to be in, absolutely shocking bowling, though the batting is encouraging:

Dove 69 (66)
Brydon 36 (51)

andyc

Yeah I'm 0/105 off 20, Kenna 47 (51), Simpson 54 (71)

Edit: Bugger, Simpson run out for 54. Now it's 1/106 off 21.

Edit: Uh oh, Donald (new batsman) lbw for a golden duck, Lord Nelson strikes. 2/111

Last edited:

cameeel

International Captain
andyc said:
Yeah I'm 0/105 off 20, Kenna 47 (51), Simpson 54 (71)

Edit: Bugger, Simpson run out for 54. Now it's 1/106 off 21.

Edit: Uh oh, Donald (new batsman) lbw for a golden duck, Lord Nelson strikes. 2/111
Chasing what?

andyc

They got 215/9, after being 162/9.

Edit: One of their bowlers has gone for 3-0-30-1.
Kenna on 76 off 66, Sutton 14 off 23.

Last edited:

cameeel

International Captain
Still going well, 0-174 RR: 6.21 (Req. 6.27)

Dove 99 (88)
Brydon 62(85)

Dang! 1-175

Dove st McKagen b Hawes 99 (89)

Last edited:

nibbs

International Captain
huge win in my cup match today.

Whenuapi 382/2
Holmes 162 (127)
Wheat 128 (125)
Hamshaw 45no (27 balls)
Lennon 32no (22 balls)

Canterbury CC 128 AO
Holmes 10-0-31-5
Henshaw 5-1-21-2
Ogrady 5-0-25-2
Hamshaw 2-0-25-1

cameeel

International Captain
Getting worse, 2-202 chasing 311

My RR: 5.77
Req. RR: 7.33

I need 109 runs with 15 overs remaining, 2 new batsman in

Attwood 9 (12)
Waterhouse 2 (7)

andyc

F*** me a five-for and a 150 for Holmes, well done indeed.

Just finished my game here, won by 8 wickets.

Fitzroy crossing CC 215/9

Magical Ponies 217/2 (36 overs)
Kenna 111* (95)
Sutton 44* (48)

I know that Simpson made a half century, and one of my bowlers got 4 wickets, but the scorecard isn't showing up.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Fairly happy with my cup match considering I was playing on 'Take It Easy', so my match ratings were crap.

Batted first, put up 324/3, Cuss carrying his bat with 139* off 123, sharing in a 221-run stand with captain Berry (109 off 134). A few minor contributions from other players as well.

Started off well with the ball, Gillespie and Male knocked over their top 5 for 19 runs, and had them at 55/7 a bit after that, but the tail wagged to let them get to 196/10 in 40 overs. Still, a decent win to start with. Gillespie as usual the best bowler (4-26), Male did fairly well (3-61) and Berry the other wicket-taker (2-34).

andyc

I just set my players normal.

Thay batted first and we had them at 51/5, but then they got to 215/9. Their number 8 made 54* off 52.Shocking stuff. Heard took numbers 3-6 in his 4/53, and captain Hardy got 2/37 and Ohara 1/26.

Kenna and Simpson started with a 106 run opening stand before Simpson was run out for 54 off 75, and Donald was then out first ball leaving it 111/2. Got there in the 36th over, with Kenna (111* off 95) and Sutton (44* off 48) leading the way to 217/2. I would have liked to see some other players bat, but I'm not complaining about the result!

Edit: Huh? Sutton's form goes up to proficient, but Kenna's stays at respectable?

Last edited:

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Jamee999 said:
AdamC and you guys with experience, what XI would you use from this squad?
Yeah, I'd go with something similar to what ash suggested.

1.Gowshall
2.Delaney
3.Aldred (2nd)
4.Field
5.Gayle
6.Sugden (3rd)
7.Levy
8.Weight (+, *)
9.Hole (4th)
10.Binns (5th)
11.Norris (1st bowler)

You didn't get a great squad, but there's a bit to work with. I'd use Delaney as opener because he has relatively good stamina and concentration, so should be better at building a long innings. He's also attacking which balances Gowshall's defensive style.

There's a few good players who you will probably end up relying on throughout the season. Gowshall is clearly your best batsman, so he should handle him carefully. Sugden is a decent player as well, but both players are old so not very trainable. Aldred and Field are decent batsman and both are young (17 & 18), so you should give them plenty of training IMO, 2 batting sessions each or something. FIeld is a potential captain once he gets more experience. Aldred is your most promising player IMO, if you train him well he could reach proficient or strong in both batting and bowling within a couple of seasons. Norris is worth giving bowling training to as well.

It's worth having a look at the transfer market for mediocre or competent batsmen or bowlers. Last season I bought three competent bats for a combined total of 35k, and two competent bowlers for a combined total of 13k. You're probably going to need a decent keeper sometime down the track as well (in fact I just put a proficient keeper with feeble batting on the market... hint hint ;)).

You've got enough to work with to do well in your league though, especially if it has bots in it. I wouldn't worry about your cup match too much because you were playing a strong team who came first in their league last season.

Last edited:

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
andyc said:
Edit: Huh? Sutton's form goes up to proficient, but Kenna's stays at respectable?
The form thing doesn't make much sense. One of my batsmen was averaging over 200 at one stage but his form went down from respectable to abysmal. He still maintained his average at around 150 though, so I'm not complaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.