• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [18/10/06] : Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
My keeper:

6. Mohamed Devapriya (342258)
LH Batsman, LM Bowler, superb form, sublime
(superb batting form, superb bowling form)
A steady player with competent leadership skills and worthless experience.

Plays For: Jamees 999ers
Nationality: Sri Lanka
Battrick Rating: 5,129

Stamina: feeble Wicket Keeping: competent
Batting: mediocre Concentration: feeble
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: woeful
Fielding: woeful

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Here is my crappy keeper

Matthew Ridgewell - 17 yo, BT Rating=7,498
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, strong form, sublime
(proficient batting form, strong bowling form)

A cautious player with worthless leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: mediocre
Batting: proficient Concentration: mediocre
Bowling: woeful Consistency: woeful
Fielding: abysmal

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Everyon else has so i will to.

My Keeper:

Jim Pinnock - 19 yo, BT Rating=12,357
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, superb form, sublime
A cautious player with competent leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: woeful Wicket Keeping: competent
Batting: competent Concentration: strong
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: mediocre
Fielding: feeble

ash chaulk

International Captain
nibbs said:
my keeper tbh... his 71 career catches make him the 6th most prolific in NZ

20. Tony Wheat (61261)
LH Batsman, LM Bowler, superb form, sublime
A steady player with proficient leadership skills and worthless experience.

Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: strong
Batting: mediocre Concentration: respectable
Bowling: feeble Consistency: competent
my old keeper seager is in new zealand and has 84 catches and 10 stumpings in his career watch out for him nibbs

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Here's my keeper :-O

7. Marvin Gray - 17 yo, BT Rating=5,172
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, strong form, invigorated
(strong batting form, proficient bowling form)
A defensive player with abysmal leadership skills and woeful experience.
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: feeble
Batting: respectable Concentration: woeful
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: abysmal

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
My 'keeper's almost identical to PY's except he's 21 not 18. I don't think I'll bother getting a better one until the FC matches start in season 4, need to improve other areas more urgently first. He got the 10th-most catches (43) in WI this season so he does the job anyway.

I'm not sure it's worth getting a 'keeper with really high WK skill as the wages become a nightmare once you get past 'strong', especially if they have similar batting as well. For the amount of benefit the WK skill provides, I don't think it's worth it. It'll be interesting to see the wages of some of the national team WK's when they get updated next week, I know one of England's WK's is around 'sensational', so it's likely we'll see wages of £20,000+.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Adamc said:
I'm not sure it's worth getting a 'keeper with really high WK skill as the wages become a nightmare once you get past 'strong', especially if they have similar batting as well. For the amount of benefit the WK skill provides, I don't think it's worth it. It'll be interesting to see the wages of some of the national team WK's when they get updated next week, I know one of England's WK's is around 'sensational', so it's likely we'll see wages of £20,000+.
WOW - sensational. I guess a few people are going to be regretting mass training one player when the wages get updated

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
GoT_SpIn said:
WOW - sensational. I guess a few people are going to be regretting mass training one player when the wages get updated
WK trains a fair bit faster than the other primaries so there are quite a few WK/batsmen with high wages already. Even a superb bat/superb WK can set you back around £9,000 per week, so I don't see how these teams will be able to sustain players much beyond that.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
My "keeper":

Dan Swanepoel - 25 yo, BT Rating=5,616
LH Batsman, LM Bowler, competent form, invigorated
(proficient batting form, mediocre bowling form)
A defensive player with worthless leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: mediocre
Batting: woeful Concentration: woeful
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: mediocre

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Adamc said:
WK trains a fair bit faster than the other primaries so there are quite a few WK/batsmen with high wages already. Even a superb bat/superb WK can set you back around £9,000 per week, so I don't see how these teams will be able to sustain players much beyond that.
How much money do the top teams have then?

I wouldn't have thought £9,000 a week would be too much.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Adamc said:
wow 9k per week, thats quite alot. And i guess the really good teams will have a few players like that

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Tom Halsey said:

Well the top teams would have quite a few players with huge wages, 9k is quite alot though

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Tom Halsey said:

I get 130k in gate receipts for every home match with a 17,500 capacity ground, I'd probably be getting crowds of around 25,000 at the moment if my ground was big enough which would give me about 180k per match. I get around 30-40k in sponsor money per week, and teams with big bank balances are getting plenty of money from interest, anywhere up to 80k per week. One of the teams who will be in my league next season currently have 2 million in the bank (and are looking to spend it on transfers, unfortunately for me).

So it's not too hard to have one or two high-wage players and still turn over a fortnightly profit. The staff wages are far worse. My three most expensive players cost 4,405, 3,607 and 2,701 per week but my staff wages are still nearly double the squad wages.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Yes but i think some teams would have 4 or 5 high wage earners. I only earn a touch over 80k from spectators, and nothing from interest since i only have 160k atm plus 50k which i plan to spend on bowlers. Unless i pull one ;)

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
GoT_SpIn said:
Yes but i think some teams would have 4 or 5 high wage earners. I only earn a touch over 80k from spectators, and nothing from interest since i only have 160k atm plus 50k which i plan to spend on bowlers. Unless i pull one ;)
Well the base wage for a single-skilled quality player (assuming he's quality at the time of the wage update) is around 5,000, so a team with five quality players and ten proficients would only have squad wages of around 35k, which is still less than my staff wages. That would be a freakishly good team and I'm certain there aren't any teams remotely that good at the moment.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Does anyone know if the new youth pull system is coming into play? There has never been a delay once the financial updates have been done

PY

International Coach
What's up with this guy? :-O

Marvin Frecklington (75073)
LH Batsman, LF Bowler, respectable form, sublime
(superb batting form, feeble bowling form)
A cautious player with competent leadership skills and worthless experience.

Plays For: qcc
Nationality: Australia
Battrick Rating: 58,929
Wages: £544 p/w

His BT rating is HUGE but he averages 12. :wacko:

Status
Not open for further replies.