• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [18/10/06] : Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

PY

International Coach
Two pops:

Brijesh Singh - 18 yo, BT Rating=13,321
LH Batsman, LH Spin Bowler, superb form, fresh
(superb batting form, superb bowling form)
A destructive player with mediocre leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: mediocre Concentration: competent
Bowling: mediocre Consistency: proficient
Fielding: woeful

and

Sandeep Chanderpaul - 17 yo, BT Rating=8,845
RH Batsman, RM Bowler, superb form, lively
A destructive player with competent leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: feeble Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: proficient Concentration: abysmal
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: feeble
Fielding: respectable

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
PY said:
Brijesh Singh - 18 yo, BT Rating=13,321
LH Batsman, LH Spin Bowler, superb form, fresh
A destructive player with mediocre leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: mediocre Concentration: competent
Bowling: mediocre Consistency: proficient
Ooh, got alot to work with there :-O How many bat/bowl sessions do you have him on?

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
one pop for me, v dissapointing, Stack popped in consistency, probably enough to secure his place in the side, Macauley probably missing out now.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Adamc said:
There's a two-week break then the cup matches start the new season, so you won't have any competitive matches until the 15th. You can still play friendlies during the off-season though.
thats cool pretty short break hopefully my team can improve by then. What is the cup by the way? a knockout tournament?

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
mikeW said:
thats cool pretty short break hopefully my team can improve by then. What is the cup by the way? a knockout tournament?
Yep, straight knockout with seedings based on your league position this season, with higher divs getting better draws than lower divs obviously. I finished #4 on the div II promotion table so I'll get the fourth-best draw next season, bots for the first four or five rounds probably. :D

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Robertinho said:
Marvin Gray - 17 yo, BT Rating=5,172
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, strong form, fresh
(strong batting form, proficient bowling form)
A defensive player with abysmal leadership skills and woeful experience.
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: feeble
Batting: respectable Concentration: woeful
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: abysmal

The 2 fitness & 2 fielding sessions paying off :D
You do realise the second fielding session is wasted in terms of secondaries? Odd as it may seem you'd get more secondary pops having one fielding and one wicket keeping net. Some guy was reporting 3 pops of concentration every 4 weeks with that.

Anyway I got 5 pops, my gun bat finally popped to proficient and my wicket keeper now has quality concentration... I have absolutely no idea where to bat him relative to guys with 2 levels better batting but only feeble (or thereabouts) concentration, but he's in at number 4 at the moment (ahead of the other bats I described)

mikeW

Adamc said:
Yep, straight knockout with seedings based on your league position this season, with higher divs getting better draws than lower divs obviously. I finished #4 on the div II promotion table so I'll get the fourth-best draw next season, bots for the first four or five rounds probably. :D
i finished 7th in division 5 who am i likely to play? a division 1 team?

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Scaly piscine said:
You do realise the second fielding session is wasted in terms of secondaries? Odd as it may seem you'd get more secondary pops having one fielding and one wicket keeping net. Some guy was reporting 3 pops of concentration every 4 weeks with that.

Anyway I got 5 pops, my gun bat finally popped to proficient and my wicket keeper now has quality concentration... I have absolutely no idea where to bat him relative to guys with 2 levels better batting but only feeble (or thereabouts) concentration, but he's in at number 4 at the moment (ahead of the other bats I described)
How about 2 fielding and 1 wicket keeping net? :D

That's right, Marvin here has 3 batting nets, 2 fitness, 2 fielding a 1 wicket keeping.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
mikeW said:
i finished 7th in division 5 who am i likely to play? a division 1 team?
7th on the promotion table or 7th in your league? Assuming the latter, then you'll probably play against a div IV team in the first round. There are 256 div V teams, therefore 256 teams who finished #8 in div V, and there are only 8 div I teams, 32 div II teams and 128 div III teams, so you won't meet them in the first round.

mikeW

Adamc said:
7th on the promotion table or 7th in your league? Assuming the latter, then you'll probably play against a div IV team in the first round. There are 256 div V teams, therefore 256 teams who finished #8 in div V, and there are only 8 div I teams, 32 div II teams and 128 div III teams, so you won't meet them in the first round.
yep 7th in my league although i didnt really have much control over that seeing as i joined so late. thanks for the help mate its apreciated.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
mikeW said:
yep 7th in my league although i didnt really have much control over that seeing as i joined so late. thanks for the help mate its apreciated.
You're probably a bit unlucky that you joined up so late in the season, as it means your players essentially miss out on a whole season of training (they'll all turn one year older in a few weeks). Still you should be able to do well in a div V league next season, good luck.

mikeW

Adamc said:
You're probably a bit unlucky that you joined up so late in the season, as it means your players essentially miss out on a whole season of training (they'll all turn one year older in a few weeks). Still you should be able to do well in a div V league next season, good luck.
Thanks mate all the best to you too :)

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Adamc said:
Damn, I'm buyign 19 year olds thinking I'll at least get a season training out of them, porbably not now.

There was some discussion quite early int his thread about a vitual designs Battrick tool, and it was said the weightings were wrong - I've fiddled around with it a bit and it's looking quite good, mainly because its now much easier to see where my strengths lie.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Tom Halsey said:
Damn, I'm buyign 19 year olds thinking I'll at least get a season training out of them, porbably not now.

There was some discussion quite early int his thread about a vitual designs Battrick tool, and it was said the weightings were wrong - I've fiddled around with it a bit and it's looking quite good, mainly because its now much easier to see where my strengths lie.
Mmm well you should still train them, it's only an extra week of training per pop. Obviously if you've got 4 or 5 of these then it gets to be a problem, but if it's just 1 or 2 then there's no reason why you shouldn't train them.

Re. the weightings, I've adjusted it to make form and secondaries much less important, and stamina slightly more important than secondaries, which I think is about right. I don't think there's any golden ratio though as there will always be anomalies, e.g. someone batting at 7 or 8 can afford to have rubbish stamina, and a guy with huge stamina and secondaries isn't going to be any good unless one of their primaries is decent as well.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Cheers. Yeah I've only got 2, but I don't think I'll buy any more after hearing that.

EDIT: I suppose I should probably decide my batting order on stamina (combined with style as well because it would always be better to have destructive batsmen coming in towards the end on very aggressive).

Last edited:

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Hmm, looked like a pretty rubbish training update, just a couple of secondaries.

8. Vimesh Malik - 18 yo, BT Rating=13,251
LH Batsman, LH Spin Bowler, strong form, moderate
(strong batting form, superb bowling form)
A destructive player with superb leadership skills and worthless experience.
Batting: mediocre Concentration: proficient
Bowling: respectable Consistency: mediocre

11. Shevron Badley - 18 yo, BT Rating=10,517
LH Batsman, LF Bowler, superb form, moderate
A steady player with respectable leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: feeble Wicket Keeping: feeble
Batting: abysmal Concentration: feeble
Bowling: proficient Consistency: respectable

Then I remembered that I switched one of Malik's bowling sessions to another bowler in the hope that he was close to popping; turns out he was:

9. Bernie Pollock - 19 yo, BT Rating=7,763
RH Batsman, RM Bowler, proficient form, invigorated
(proficient batting form, proficient bowling form)
A defensive player with feeble leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Batting: abysmal Concentration: feeble
Bowling: proficient Consistency: feeble

So not too bad after all, though my wicketkeeper's form is plummeting alarmingly. Bowling is looking fairly solid now though I lack a real standout bowler. Gillespie (strong/competent), Badley (proficient/respectable), Male (proficient/feeble), Pollock (proficient/feeble), Malik (respectable/mediocre) are my main five with Baptiste (respectable/feeble) as main backup.

Malik and Badley have been on fitness nets for four and five weeks respectively without popping, so should get two stamina pops next week...Malik has been on mediocre batting forever, really need him to pop so I can switch his net over to someone else. Might give Badley's fielding net to someone else as well, respectable consistency should be enough for now.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Tom Halsey said:
I thought Gillespie was miles ahead of the rest of your bowlers?
In terms of bowling figures he is, in terms of raw stats there's not that much of a gap now. Last season my bowling attack consisted of Gillespie and a bunch of rubbishy competents, but it's improved a fair bit since then.

Status
Not open for further replies.