• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [18/10/06] : Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
superkingdave said:
well:

49.1 4 Macaulay to Chanderpaul
Smacked for four and picks out the man dressed as that bloody annoying frog. Thank god he's got his bits censored, this is a family game.

47.1 4 Macaulay to Ahmed
It's gone through the legs of Willmott. That young lass in the crowd must have averted his attention!

5.1 . Islam to Singh
Singh has missed that by a mile. I haven't seen a stroke that bad since poor old grandpa Earl!
:laugh:

The last two made me laugh out loud.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
you can't challenge on sunday's and mondays but it doesn't really matter because the gaems aren't played till next sunday anyway

Tom Halsey

International Coach
superkingdave said:
you can't challenge on sunday's and mondays but it doesn't really matter because the gaems aren't played till next sunday anyway
Yeah ok - I've already challenged a few people in Australia anyway so one of them will probably accept before Tuesday.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Damn i think im going to ruin my 18 wins in a row streak by accepting a friendly to some team who has remarkable top order, not to mention a few Australia players :(

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Won my friendly with a largely second-string team, left out Cuss, Gillespie, Berry (captain), Gillete (WK) and Male, so essentially missing my top four batsmen, wicketkeeper and two best bowlers. Got terrible ratings partly as a result of that and partly as a result of being on fatigued fitness. Forgot to change the captain, so the captain for today had woeful leadership. I used a mediocre 'keeper as well, which probably contributed to the 26 leg-byes we conceded.

Asterix XI 264/4 (50)
Bridge 65* (58), Boeta 55 (63), Challis 63 (100)

Danish West Indies 195/10 (43.3)
Baptiste 3-36, Malik 2-25, Badley 2-45

Got a div I qualifying match against a bot next week, should be a complete walkover but not going to take any chances, will play a full-strength team on GFI. I'm already on fatigued fitness so it'll be interesting if I can reach the bottom level before the end of the season...

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Adamc said:
Won my friendly with a largely second-string team, left out Cuss, Gillespie, Berry (captain), Gillete (WK) and Male, so essentially missing my top four batsmen, wicketkeeper and two best bowlers. Got terrible ratings partly as a result of that and partly as a result of being on fatigued fitness. Forgot to change the captain, so the captain for today had woeful leadership. I used a mediocre 'keeper as well, which probably contributed to the 26 leg-byes we conceded.

Asterix XI 264/4 (50)

Got a div I qualifying match against a bot next week, should be a complete walkover but not going to take any chances, will play a full-strength team on GFI. I'm already on fatigued fitness so it'll be interesting if I can reach the bottom level before the end of the season...
Interesting, I got the same sort of ratings but reversed - you got mediocre for the main batting and competent for bowling and I got competent for the main batting and mediocre for bowling. My team is also on 'fatigued' with over the moon morale, as I assume yours is. I didn't rest any batsmen tho and my bowlers are much of a muchness anyway (except for Emmanuel), but that means I'm still only about a level overall behind you (although I have better fielding and secondaries) which is quite reassuring.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Adamc said:

Asterix XI 264/4 (50)

im up for the same LOL !
although its playoff relegation shizzle i ended 5th godamnoit

andyc

33/3from3.3 said:
Eat Your Words Andy
I Won
By 5 Wickets With An Over To Spare
Hmm wow alright then my bad.

Kwek ended up with a pretty comfortable 6 wicket win in our game

Magical Ponies 6/259
Drench 72* (87), Griffin 54 (42), Giles 41* (27)
Badley 3/41, Garrity 2/83

VCC 4/260
Osman 97 (121), Windsor 45 (79), Baldwin 43* (32)
Cave 2/42 (9), Giles 1/36.

MOTM was Osman. Giles with a surprising all round effort for me.

Ratings:
VCC Magical Ponies
Top Order: mediocre competent
Middle Order: feeble mediocre
Lower Order: abysmal abysmal
Seam Bowling: mediocre mediocre
Spin Bowling: feeble mediocre
Fielding: feeble feeble

andyc

Training update time, children.

Just one for me

Andrew Parr - 17 yo, BT Rating=5,551
LH Batsman, LFM Bowler, strong form, energetic
(proficient batting form, superb bowling form)
A steady player with mediocre leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: feeble Wicket Keeping: respectable
Batting: woeful Concentration: competent
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: abysmal
Fielding: abysmal

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Marvin Gray - 17 yo, BT Rating=5,172
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, strong form, fresh
(strong batting form, proficient bowling form)
A defensive player with abysmal leadership skills and woeful experience.
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: feeble
Batting: respectable Concentration: woeful
Fielding: woeful

The 2 fitness & 2 fielding sessions paying off :D

andyc

Robertinho said:
Marvin Gray - 17 yo, BT Rating=5,172
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, strong form, fresh
(strong batting form, proficient bowling form)
A defensive player with abysmal leadership skills and woeful experience.
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: feeble
Batting: respectable Concentration: woeful

The 2 fitness & 2 fielding sessions paying off :D
And no batting sessions?

Cloete

International Captain
I had my one day old youth spinner on 3 bowling sessions, definitely payed off! :D

7. Swagat Moodley - 17 yo, BT Rating=6,347
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, competent form, fair
(competent batting form, respectable bowling form)
An attacking player with abysmal leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: feeble
Batting: abysmal Concentration: woeful
Bowling: proficient Consistency: feeble

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
kwek said:
im up for the same LOL !
although its playoff relegation shizzle i ended 5th godamnoit
Looking at your playoff opponent, I think you might struggle...good luck. :wacko:

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
There's a two-week break then the cup matches start the new season, so you won't have any competitive matches until the 15th. You can still play friendlies during the off-season though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.