• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [18/10/06] : Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Just registered. Two things - which day of the week does training usually take place? And what do people reckon are the best aggression settings for bowlers? Cheers.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Training updates occur early on Mondays. As for the aggression I don't think it makes a great deal of difference, but I just make the opening bowlers a little more aggressive and any bowlers likely to take wickets are put on aggressive settings.

ash chaulk

International Captain
i make my spinners agressive and my number 5 bowler whos not that flash is defensive

ill have a friendly andy

yes players age

andyc

ash chaulk said:
i make my spinners agressive and my number 5 bowler whos not that flash is defensive

ill have a friendly andy

yes players age
Sorry mate I've already accepted one with Kwek, but next week you're on.

As for bowling aggression Halsey, I go very aggressive, very aggresive, aggresive, defensive (Giles my spinner), attacking. That's only because I always play against bot teams who are crap though. Whenever I play friendlies I make them a bit less aggressive, especially my last bowler.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
My first match has started. we won the toss and elected to field currently off 1.3 overs they are none for 11.

they are now 0/39 off 4.3 overs :ph34r:

Last edited:

andyc

End of Over 17: 60-2, runrate=3.53
Giles 2-0-2-0
Ross* 25 (46 balls)
Thorne 7 (20 balls)

I lost the toss and so am bowling to one of the two other humans in my league.

mikeW

End of Over 18: 109-2,
Welsby 4-0-10-1
runrate=6.06 Bowling on a hard and Fast surface with 2 relatively new batsmen in.

Edit

End of Over 19: 111-2, runrate=5.84
Khotso 5-0-36-0
First time the runrate has been under 6 all match.

Last edited:

andyc

Are you playing a bot team or a real team Mike?

If you don't know, a bot team will be called 'Something CC,' and all their players will be in abysmal form

Two quick strikes here have put me well on top. That said, I'm not really expecting to lose this as this team's last ratings were all feeble and woeful.

End of Over 20: 66-4, runrate=3.30
Andrew 5-0-16-0
Barlow* 1 (2 balls)
Daniel 2 (6 balls)

mikeW

andyc said:
Are you playing a bot team or a real team Mike?

If you don't know, a bot team will be called 'Something CC,' and all their players will be in abysmal form

Two quick strikes here have put me well on top. That said, I'm not really expecting to lose this as this team's last ratings were all feeble and woeful.

End of Over 20: 66-4, runrate=3.30
Andrew 5-0-16-0
Barlow* 1 (2 balls)
Daniel 2 (6 balls)
Nope playing a real team :) whats a par score on a Hard and Fast pitch?

andyc

mikeW said:
Nope playing a real team :) whats a par score on a Hard and Fast pitch?
It depends whether you're playing a bot team or a real team. Given that you're playing a human team in your first game, you're almost definetely going to lose. But anything under, say, 320 should be good.

End of Over 24: 72-6, runrate=3.00
Dunne 2-2-0-2
Kesterton* 0 (1 balls)
Daniel 2 (15 balls)

Dunne and Giles keeping it tight here.

mikeW

andyc said:
It depends whether you're playing a bot team or a real team. Given that you're playing a human team in your first game, you're almost definetely going to lose. But anything under, say, 320 should be good.

End of Over 24: 72-6, runrate=3.00
Dunne 2-2-0-2
Kesterton* 0 (1 balls)
Daniel 2 (15 balls)

Dunne and Giles keeping it tight here.
The team im playing got there team on the same day i did so it should be fairly close im hoping...

mikeW

Robertinho said:
Willo, what sort of players did you get? Any respectables or proficients?
no profiecients but a couple of respectables. mostly mediocre players.

andyc

mikeW said:
The team im playing got there team on the same day i did so it should be fairly close im hoping...
Oh well yeah then it should be pretty close. Anything under 300 should be very gettable, depending on your batting strength.

mikeW

andyc said:
Oh well yeah then it should be pretty close. Anything under 300 should be very gettable, depending on your batting strength.
well i recently bought a player averaging 90 so im thinking he should go alright.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, try not to look too much at averages but at their actual bat/bowl levels. Since people play in different leagues at different levels against different opposition, averages aren't really that good for gauging how a player will go in your league.

So what are some of your best players & their stats?

andyc

End of Over 31: 94-9, runrate=3.03
Giles 9-3-18-4
Chatterton* 1 (3 balls)
Gratton 0 (0 balls)

I'm really disappointed I didn't get to bat first here, seeing as it's the last league match and I'm on GFI. That said, Giles is bowling beautifully. I've said before that he's never really got wickets, and has just tied up an end.

Status
Not open for further replies.