• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [18/10/06] : Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Good game Nick. Looks like Cuss was the difference once again. ;)

WA 3-302 (50)
Rowe 86* (88), Colley 77 (78), Street 55* (27)
Gillespie 2-75 (:-O), Male 1-38

Asterix XI 3-303 (46.0)
Cuss 164* (134), Boeta 56 (80), Berry 47 (52)
Colley 1-41, Emerton 1-61

No prizes for guessing MotM...

Fairly happy with the ratings considering my team fitness is on fatigued.

Reporter's Summary
Asterix XI WA
Top Order: proficient competent
Middle Order: competent competent
Lower Order: abysmal woeful
Seam Bowling: respectable competent
Spin Bowling: competent feeble
Fielding: feeble feeble

Boeta's innings was interesting. He has abysmal stamina (resp bat, med conc), and it was blatantly obvious once his stamina started to run out. He scored 50* off 50, then his next 6 runs took 30 balls before he got out (thankfully). Still will be handy for me in the middle order around 7 or 8, and if I can find a net I might get his stamina up a level or two.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Robertinho said:
Cuss - Gillan's bunny :D
12.1 6 Gillan to Cuss
That full toss has gone soaring high, high, high in the air and I don't think that it's coming back! That's gone into orbit!

Highlight of the match. :D

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
new signing(41k )
Tony Hearn - 20 yo, BT Rating=4,030
LH Batsman, LH Spin Bowler, superb form, sublime
(superb batting form, superb bowling form)
A cautious player with abysmal leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: woeful Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: feeble Concentration: mediocre
Bowling: competent Consistency: feeble
Fielding: mediocre

this one got better:
Junior Graham - 17 yo, BT Rating=8,578
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, proficient form, sublime
(superb batting form, mediocre bowling form)
A cautious player with strong leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: mediocre
Batting: abysmal Concentration: abysmal
Bowling: proficient Consistency: feeble
Fielding: woeful

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
and my youthpull :D

John Baldwin (394497)
LH Batsman, LFM Bowler, respectable form, fresh
(respectable batting form, respectable bowling form)
A cautious player with superb leadership skills and worthless experience.

Plays For: VCC
Nationality: England
Battrick Rating: 4,490
Wages: £1,207 p/w

Stamina: abysmal Wicket Keeping: woeful
Batting: proficient Concentration: feeble
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: feeble
Fielding: competent

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Got 4 pops, I'd have gotten more but switched two nets to the YP who didn't pop (just the usual huge increase in rating).

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
kwek said:
Hm. He's almost as good as Herbert. (who popped in consistency today - strong cons, proficient batting, competent stamina.) Also, my best bowler popped to mediocre stamina. Looking good before D2. :)

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Friggin typical, that's twice now that just before I play a team that's a total walkover they get replaced by a new manager & squad.

Oh and does anyone now how much individual fitness drops after GFI (compared to normal)? I'm already promoted but I want to finish in style. I assume I'm right in thinking team fitness/morale is reset but individual fitness is not.

Last edited:

PY

International Coach
marc71178 said:
That java thing - how is it suppoed to work, I've added in my updated figures and it's not displaying them.
Look through the things you copy and pasted for anomalies, i.e. it says 'Transfer Listed' or something along those lines as that's the problem I had with it because the Java doesn't recognise it.

If you can, see if you can look at the Java ms-dos window and tell me if there's an error and what it says and I should be able to tell where the problem lies. :)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Scaly piscine said:
Friggin typical, that's twice now that just before I play a team that's a total walkover they get replaced by a new manager & squad.
Yes, of course the game is only set up to screw you.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
PY said:
Look through the things you copy and pasted for anomalies, i.e. it says 'Transfer Listed' or something along those lines as that's the problem I had with it because the Java doesn't recognise it.

If you can, see if you can look at the Java ms-dos window and tell me if there's an error and what it says and I should be able to tell where the problem lies. :)
Cheers PY, it was a transfer listed and now shows the correct things.

33/3from3.3

International Vice-Captain
good god i got nailed
i just got back from da west coast and i went here straight away
i saw i got cained twice p.s. Merry xmas

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Only one training pop, Malik up to respectable fielding. Pollock went up a level in experience as well, interesting to see if that will have any obvious effect. Should get a bunch of secondaries next week and if I'm lucky some batting and stamina pops. Reasonable BTR rises for my main trainees, for what it's worth (not much): Cuss 22,676 (+788), Malik 12,230 (+1,419) and Badley 9,452 (+670). One of my players went up four levels in form, but another went down three.

Status
Not open for further replies.