• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [18/10/06] : Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

PY

International Coach
Absolutely flogged my opposition while batting.

Boggles 368/1 (50 overs)

Ahmed+ 212* (161) Got to 100 in 64 balls then took ages for his 2nd one.
Singh 141 (135)
Ahmed 12 (6)

Now had them 69/7 after 21.2 overs but it's being annoying and they are now 84/7 off 26 overs. GAH!

PY

International Coach
RANT ALERT! :D

They managed to squeeze out 90 for the last two wickets, still a 189 run win but needed more than that for NRR purposes.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Hmm playing what should be my last difficult match of the season, playing #8 next week so if I win today I'm pretty much guaranteed promotion to div I. GFI'ing because of that, so should be able to win as I don't think my opponent will GFI.

Batting first, off to a reasonable start with 47-0 after 10. Both of his opening bowlers have superb bowling, so as long as I can see them off I should be alright.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Nine balls left, I need one wicket, he needs six runs.

Edit: Oh crap. His best batsman (West Indies national team 'keeper) is on strike for the last over and they only need four runs. I stuffed this up really badly.

Edit: TIE! That's good enough for me to promote (provided I win next week). Brilliant! :D

Last edited:

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm 11-1-1 in the league now, could well have been something like 3-0-10 if I were less lucky. That match would've been much easier if my opener set to very attacking didn't decide to take 145 balls for his 73 (and if we hadn't conceded 38 extras...). Was well ahead on ratings so I should've won if not for that, happy to take the tie though.

Code:
  	    [B]Asterix XI 	        Badlands[/B]
Top Order: 	quality 	respectable
Middle Order: 	respectable 	proficient
Lower Order: 	woeful 	        woeful
Seam Bowling: 	strong  	respectable
Spin Bowling: 	respectable 	respectable
Fielding: 	mediocre 	feeble

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
was on GFI today and lost my penultimate match of the season which means i.m condemmed to another season in DIV 4 unless the top of the table loses next week which isn't likely

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This guy would make a good 6/7, just needs another level or two of stamina but they're very high competent. No space for him in my side, but he's only going for 6k at the moment - another half an hour or so to bid.

Graham Os (383578)
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, competent form, invigorated
(mediocre batting form, proficient bowling form)
An attacking player with worthless leadership skills and abysmal experience.

Plays For: niente
Nationality: Australia
Battrick Rating: 3,060
Wages: £629 p/w

Stamina: abysmal Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: competent Concentration: woeful
Bowling: worthless Consistency: feeble
Fielding: feeble

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
I'd like to thank everyone who assisted in driving up the price of Terry Knightingale, he's now at 200,000 with 2-3 hours left. Please, for your own sake, don't drive the price up any further unless you are 100% willing to take the risk that you might end up buying him.

Edit - he's gone up to £210,000 now :D

Last edited:

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
I could have been tied for the top of the league now if my internet connection didn't go sour when I was about to submit my orders for our rematch after losing the first meeting against them. I'm pretty sure I would have won because my team had improved a lot since that last meeting. Hopefully next season I can get promoted.

andyc

YP time! Here's hoping for a good Christmas present. I asked for a bowler and:

David Scholtz (390282)
LH Batsman, LH Spin Bowler, respectable form, fresh
(respectable batting form, respectable bowling form)
A defensive player with worthless leadership skills and worthless experience.

Plays For: Magical Ponies
Nationality: Australia
Battrick Rating: 1,654
Wages: £320 p/w

Stamina: abysmal Wicket Keeping: woeful
Batting: abysmal Concentration: feeble
Bowling: mediocre Consistency: mediocre
Fielding: abysmal

Aww...
Should be able to get one or two k for him

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: woeful
Batting: woeful Concentration: feeble
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: feeble
Fielding: respectable

His 17 so i might try selling him :p

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
even tho i lost my match yesterday i still managed to pull my best ratings so far, though still a ways off some people on here

Reporter's Summary
Lancashire
Top Order: proficient
Middle Order: competent
Lower Order: abysmal
Seam Bowling: proficient
Spin Bowling: respectable
Fielding: competent

Hoggy31

International Captain
superkingdave said:
even tho i lost my match yesterday i still managed to pull my best ratings so far, though still a ways off some people on here

Reporter's Summary
Lancashire
Top Order: proficient
Lower Order: abysmal
Seam Bowling: proficient
Spin Bowling: respectable
Fielding: competent
That's nice Dave, real nice

Scaly piscine

My best are still:

Scaly Piscine CC
Top Order: strong
Lower Order: woeful
Seam Bowling: respectable
Spin Bowling: useless
Fielding: mediocre

I don't know whether it'll be easier or harder to get high ratings (ignoring the obvious improvement of the team over time) with the individual fitness etc. so those could be my highest for quite a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.