• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [18/10/06] : Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
superkingdave said:
1. John Magloire (332788)
LH Batsman, LF Bowler, superb form, fresh
(strong batting form, superb bowling form)
A steady player with worthless leadership skills and worthless experience.

Plays For: Lancashire
Nationality: England
Battrick Rating: 9,945
Wages: £1,347 p/w

Stamina: woeful Wicket Keeping: woeful
Batting: proficient Concentration: feeble
Bowling: woeful Consistency: abysmal
Fielding: respectable

is he low or high proficient do you think?

A little on the low side, but by no means a bottom of the level proficient, would probably pop in around 8-10 weeks - with one batting session a week.

PY

International Coach
Scaly piscine said:
A little on the low side, but by no means a bottom of the level proficient, would probably pop in around 8-10 weeks - with one batting session a week.
Hmm, I had a YP proficient on wages of just over a grand so surely this guy is way better than that as there's big difference in wages?

I don't know, you've obviously studied it more than me.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
there's a guy on the market now who's strong and has wages of less than a grand

1. Alvin Melia (256678)
RH Batsman, RM Bowler, strong form, fresh
(proficient batting form, strong bowling form)
A destructive player with worthless leadership skills and worthless experience.

Plays For: Ville Warriors
Battrick Rating: 7,669
Wages: £945 p/w

Stamina: feeble Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: strong Concentration: mediocre
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: abysmal
Fielding: feeble

Scaly piscine

PY said:
Hmm, I had a YP proficient on wages of just over a grand so surely this guy is way better than that as there's big difference in wages?

I don't know, you've obviously studied it more than me.
There was a guy on the market who had £1594 wages and was only proficient, with abysmal/worthless as the other primaries. Also one that was £1643 with proficient/woeful/worthless. Highest respectable/abysmal/worthless I've seen is £1020. It's hard to know exactly what the wage bands are (I'll know more precisely after the wages are recalculated) but I would be very surprised if the proficient/woeful/woeful band is merely £1020-£1643. My rough estimate is £1100-£1700, which probably runs exponentially for the sublevels - so assuming that player hasn't received any more training they'd be about proficient+40%.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Figured that since I can't get promoted anyway, I'd just have a bit of laugh...

All my batsmen on Very Attacking, currently 1/91 after 14 overs, RR of 6.50.

Arnison 55* (47) and Knight 26* (28). Knight in his farewell game. Go you good thing!

EDIT - Scaly, can you tell me if the first guy is close to proficient, and if the second guy is close to strong?

Battrick Rating: 3,441
Wages: £794 p/w

Stamina: feeble Wicket Keeping: feeble
Batting: respectable Concentration: abysmal
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: abysmal
Fielding: woeful

Battrick Rating: 6,215
Wages: £950 p/w

Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: abysmal
Bowling: proficient Consistency: respectable

Last edited:

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
By the way, thanks to everyone driving the price up. Seeing as Tezza will be sold around Christmas Eve/Christmas, there was the risk he might go cheaply. But thanks to your continuing help, we can stop that happening!

:D

Hoggy31

International Captain
High or low proficients?
Bruce Binns
Plays For: WA
Nationality: Australia
Battrick Rating: 10,992
Wages: £1,769 p/w

Stamina: woeful Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: competent Concentration: competent
Bowling: proficient Consistency: feeble
Fielding: mediocre

Kyle Emerton
Battrick Rating: 5,290
Wages: £683 p/w

Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: worthless Concentration: abysmal
Bowling: proficient Consistency: woeful
Fielding: woeful

Steve Haughton
Nationality: Australia
Battrick Rating: 10,764
Wages: £2,106 p/w

Stamina: woeful Wicket Keeping: proficient
Batting: proficient Concentration: mediocre
Bowling: worthless Consistency: abysmal

Ben Rowe
Battrick Rating: 11,284
Wages: £908 p/w

Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: woeful
Batting: proficient Concentration: feeble
Bowling: feeble Consistency: competent
Fielding: mediocre

andyc

And Giles finally does something good!

End of Over 27: 101-5, runrate=3.74
Giles 7-0-27-1
Varney* 1 (1 balls)
Forster 37 (46 balls)

Last Wicket: Carty b. Giles 27 (FOW: 100/5)

Am bowling first so I must have lost the toss. Heard got two in his first spell, Cave and Andrew both got one

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Andy, it says whether you've won the toss or not at the top.

Welcome to Robertinho Select XI CG for the match between Robertinho Select XI and West pinjarra CC.

We can tell you that Robertinho Select XI won the toss and elected to bat. The pitch is looking a bit on the dry side. A fair bit of help for the spinners today I think..

Robertinho Select XI have selected Arnison, Gray, Knight, Wolfenden, Mcclen, Houlihan, Scowcroft, Hignett, Bunn, Payton, Mills.

West pinjarra CC have picked Simmonds, Pickford, Barrett, Kennedy, Kilbane, Gratton, Talbot, Ganfield, Scriven, Winters, Clegg.

Lets join our team for ball-by-ball commentary.

andyc

Hehe. How did I forget that.
My spinner really annoys me. He's mediocre bowling, stamina and consistency, but from his 7 games he's only got 5 wickets. He ties up an end well enough but his lack of penetration is just a bit annoying. Nevertheless my spin bowling still got rated as competent in my last game...

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
andyc said:
his lack of penetration
Hehehe..

Terry Knight giving the crowd something to cheer about in his fairwel game.

Robertinho Select XI 1/196 from 31 overs (RR 6.32)
Arnison 98* (100)
Knight 78* (78)

He hasn't been dismissed this season - scored 196 runs or so. Arnison has been great all year.

andyc

Robertinho said:
Hehehe..
Terry Knight giving the crowd something to cheer about in his fairwel game.

Robertinho Select XI 1/196 from 31 overs (RR 6.32)
Arnison 98* (100)
Knight 78* (78)

He hasn't been dismissed this season - scored 196 runs or so. Arnison has been great all year.
I just knew you'd say something :p

And I saw Knight is now at 100,000, good stuff

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Haha yeah, a couple of guys on here bid, got it up to about 65,000, then "Cobar Crickets" came out of nowhere and bid 100,000. Keep driving it up boys. :D

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Robertinho Select XI 1/250 from 39 overs (RR 6.41)
Arnison 122* (130)
Knight 100* (97)

Knight, what a gu, putting on a show. He never really had a chance to score a big innings as I usually play him down the order. Top stuff though. Arnison is looking good to make 1000 runs in the season though, he's on 908 right now (including the runs he has scored in this match).

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Robertinho Select XI 2/259 from 41 overs (RR 6.32)
Knight 103* (102)
Wolfenden 1* (1)

Arnison c. Scriven b. Winters 127 (136) ("Oh what a catch! You won't see better this season. It looked a certain six but the lad plucked it out the air at a full length dive!")

Cmon boys. Keep it together.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
ffs no commentary again. Third game in a row i havn't seen the commentary. Did anyone happen to glance at my game before it stuffed up?

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm not SP but I'll give it a go:

Rob - the first guy was around low-respectable when his wage was calculated, so he could be close to proficient if he's had a lot of training since then, but otherwise he's low-mid respectable. The second guy is low-proficient I would imagine.

Nick - Binns is probably mid-high proficient. Competent adds about an extra £100-£400 (on top of the £250 minimum) so his wage for bowling alone is probably around £1400-1600, which is fairly high. Emerton is low-proficient, my guess is that his owner put him on the market as soon as he popped. Haughton would be low-proficient in both - roughly £1,050 for batting and WK, which is around the minimum level for proficient. Rowe would be low proficient as well unless you've given him heaps of training. Feeble bowling contributes to the wage, but a fairly negligible amount.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Robertinho Select XI 3/329 from 50 (RR 6.58)
Knight 144* (131)
Arnison 127 (136)
Mcclen 18* (15)

Amazing effort by Tezza. Farewell game - he did not disappoint. He's looking in line for Man of the Match, provided Millsy doesn't pull out another 7/30. He might also impress with the ball. Ah well. What are you gonna do? Bigger and better things await..

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Shut your Mouth

281/9

Got Spin?

282/0 in 34 overs!

Saunders 138*
Makel 129*

Ratings were low since i was on TIE. Sold out my 11k stadium as well

Status
Not open for further replies.