• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [18/10/06] : Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Yesss!!!! I just made my first "big" transfer. Look at this 17 year old:

Stamina: feeble Wicket Keeping: feeble
Batting: respectable Concentration: abysmal
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: abysmal
Fielding: woeful

For around 80,000.. wooooohoooooo!!!

Edit - he now has 3 batting sessions, 2 fitness and 2 fielding sessions.. and a wicket keeping session. Look out!

Last edited:

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Just got home to check the progress in my NT match v SL, going pretty well so far. Just lost our first wicket to a runout (!@#$%) but otherwise a good start. I'm pretty sure I remembered to set it to TIE, will be a bit annoyed if I didn't...anyway:

End of Over 16: 98-1, runrate=6.13
Chaminda 3-0-17-0
Seargeant* 51 (51 balls)
Julian 0 (2 balls)

Last Wicket: Summers Run Out 43 (FOW: 98/1)

Just lost another one...

Last edited:

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Nicely set up for the slog overs:

End of Over 40: 230-3, runrate=5.75
Chaminda 10-0-63-0
Cuss* 19 (22 balls)
Seargeant 115 (120 balls)

Seargeant has hit six sixes already.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
A friend who is trying to log in, says his account is locked. Do you know why that might be the case. His emailed the GM though

nibbs

International Captain
i've placed my order for 3 months membership, just let me add. paypal have sent me a receipt acknowledging that they have received my payment, now i'm just waiting on battrick to activate it. how long will it take, ffs?!?!?

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
http://195.149.144.130/nl/matchInfo.asp?matchID=182081

Nice close game, we got up by 5 runs in the end. Good win and it was a TIE so a boost in fitness and morale. Slightly surprised that we won given that they had better ratings than us, I'll put the win down to my tactical acumen then... :whistling

Code:
  	[B]Sri Lanka 	West Indies[/B]
Top Order: 	sensational 	wonderful
Middle Order: 	quality 	quality
Lower Order: 	competent 	woeful
Seam Bowling: 	exceptional 	wonderful
Spin Bowling: 	wonderful 	remarkable
Fielding: 	competent 	competent
Taking on England next week, they managed elite top order today so I'm sure we're in for a fun time...

Edit: actually we might be playing South Africa, one of the two anyway.

Last edited:

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Robertinho said:
Scaly, can you fill us in on the various vage levels for various ratings?

ie; you say 641/w is close to respectable, what else?
Hmm, bit of a trade secret and I'm not sure I want everyone else bidding on my potential bargains. You can work out roughly what the wage bands are from looking at your own squad or guys on the transfer market who've not been trained (usually 20+ aged players). Just remember the wages only update at the start of the season, so if a guy is proficient and has a wage £450 they've obviously been trained (and if they're on the transfer market they're probably a bottom of the level proficient).

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
1. John Magloire (332788)
LH Batsman, LF Bowler, superb form, fresh
(strong batting form, superb bowling form)
A steady player with worthless leadership skills and worthless experience.

Plays For: Lancashire
Nationality: England
Battrick Rating: 9,945
Wages: £1,347 p/w

Stamina: woeful Wicket Keeping: woeful
Batting: proficient Concentration: feeble
Bowling: woeful Consistency: abysmal
Fielding: respectable

is he low or high proficient do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.