• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [18/10/06] : Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Sold Begg for 78k, pretty happy with that considering I bought him for 14k. My bowlers still haven't picked up a wicket after 28 overs, going for 5.5 per over so we're going to be chasing something huge. Hard and fast pitch so we might have an outside chance if Cuss gets going.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Picked up a couple of wickets then the commentary died, damn. All the matches seem to be stuffing up because of the new commentary lines.

BTW PY, what's your team fitness at? Your ratings have doubled since I played you...:blink:

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Stamina: abysmal Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: woeful Concentration: competent
Bowling: mediocre Consistency: woeful
Fielding: mediocre

hmm...might give him some bowling nets...

PY

International Coach
Adamc said:
BTW PY, what's your team fitness at? Your ratings have doubled since I played you...:blink:
Not sure what you mean by team fitness, if it's the thing on the nets page then it's 'invigorated' and morale is 'over the moon'.

I've changed my team loads in the last few weeks to be honest and my results have improved a lot to coincide with the problems with the fitness being reset?

PY

International Coach
Scaly piscine said:
Lost by eight wickets after scoring 260, Shields my attacking bat set on attacking batting orders with respectable batting and stamina decided to score 76 off 133 - can we have some realism please Battrick?
Well, three of my bowlers are respectable on superb form so it's not unreasonable for that to happen?

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
PY said:
Not sure what you mean by team fitness, if it's the thing on the nets page then it's 'invigorated' and morale is 'over the moon'.

I've changed my team loads in the last few weeks to be honest and my results have improved a lot to coincide with the problems with the fitness being reset?
Yeah that's the one I mean. Each level of fitness seems to add roughly one level in the reporter's summary ratings. Your fitness must've been pretty low when you played me then, luckily for me. :)

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Adamc said:
Yeah that's the one I mean. Each level of fitness seems to add roughly one level in the reporter's summary ratings. Your fitness must've been pretty low when you played me then, luckily for me. :)
I think it adds only a small amount (a third of a level say) to the batsmen, it's the seam bowlers that really benefit. In the game just gone I had fair fitness and over the moon morale. My spin bowler is mediocre-mediocre and I got mediocre in the spin bowling ratings, 3 of my 4 seam bowlers are better and the other is equal (altho they have higher consistency and are high mediocre) and I still only got mediocre in the seam bowling ratings. I managed respectable earlier in the season when my fitness was at lively.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Just bought for 1K:

Maxwell Summers (285374)
LH Batsman, LFM Bowler, proficient form, sublime
(proficient batting form, proficient bowling form)
A defensive player with abysmal leadership skills and abysmal experience.

Plays For: Jamees 999ers
Nationality: England
Battrick Rating: 2,027
Wages: £372 p/w

Stamina: worthless Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: mediocre Concentration: feeble
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: feeble
Fielding: woeful

Nice (h)

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Scaly piscine said:
I think it adds only a small amount (a third of a level say) to the batsmen, it's the seam bowlers that really benefit. In the game just gone I had fair fitness and over the moon morale. My spin bowler is mediocre-mediocre and I got mediocre in the spin bowling ratings, 3 of my 4 seam bowlers are better and the other is equal (altho they have higher consistency and are high mediocre) and I still only got mediocre in the seam bowling ratings. I managed respectable earlier in the season when my fitness was at lively.
You're probably right that it doesn't add as much as one level, more likely to be half a level or so. I GFI'd two league matches ago on moderate or fresh fitness (can't remember) and played on Normal with low fitness for my last league match with the same XI. Top order and seam both dropped two levels, middle order, lower order, spin and fielding all dropped one level. Some of that drop can be attributed to the difference between GFI and Normal, while the rest is due to fitness, so half a level of ratings per fitness level seems roughly right.

Not really sure if there's any difference in the effect of fitness on different types of bowlers, generally I find it slightly misleading since spin ratings are usually based on one or two players. Not sure either if there's a difference in the effect on batsmen v bowlers, nothing to really suggest that from my ratings but it's certainly possible.

PY

International Coach
Adamc said:
Yeah, at that stage I didn't realise the ease at which you could spank teams when on TIE.

So, I've improved my team and use TIE and get the same results as my crap team were on Normal or GFI.

Should have another friendly after I get spanked by Nibbs. :)

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
PY said:
Yeah, at that stage I didn't realise the ease at which you could spank teams when on TIE.

So, I've improved my team and use TIE and get the same results as my crap team were on Normal or GFI.

Should have another friendly after I get spanked by Nibbs. :)
I'm trying to avoid playing anyone half-decent after next week, as I'm going to GFI my next two (or three) matches so I'll be on the absolute lowest fitness level (on 'low' at the moment). :p

Scorecard for my friendly is up now, got beaten as expected. Somehow managed to bowl them out for 270 (they got 'remarkable' for their top order rating) with Gillespie decimating the middle order (5-39) and Male taking 4-38. Our batting was awful though, knocked over for 228 with Cuss making exactly half. No one else passed 27 and I paid for having a long tail today (left out an allrounder for an extra bowler).

PY

International Coach
Adamc said:
I'm trying to avoid playing anyone half-decent after next week, as I'm going to GFI my next two (or three) matches so I'll be on the absolute lowest fitness level (on 'low' at the moment). :p
I'm not decent just lucky. :ph34r:

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
JAMEE! There's some things you don't do on Battrick. One of them is STEALING the guy that I'm trying to buy! Poaching players on my shortlist. How low can you go?!

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hey Got_Spin, could you tell me how Griffin went in our game?? For some reason I think China's blocked Battrick :wacko:

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Haha you fool Andy, why on earth would your parents have moved to China? Hong Kong is where it's at.. :(... ah well.. you got out while you could.

Status
Not open for further replies.