• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [18/10/06] : Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoggy31

International Captain
Would've like to have seen a few wickets before i head off to school but it's not the case, Terrible start by my team. They are 56/0 off only 8 overs :(

nibbs

International Captain
End of Over 19: 56-8, runrate=2.95
Holmes 10-0-25-8
Rutherford* 6 (24 balls)
Maccormick 0 (1 balls)

James Holmes finally unlocked some of the potential I just knew he had...

cameeel

International Captain
Anyone have an idea as to when they're going to expand the number of leagues? i'm on the waiting list

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
cameeel said:
Anyone have an idea as to when they're going to expand the number of leagues? i'm on the waiting list
The season just ended, the next one is starting in two weeks I think, so they'll expand then.

Won my final league match against the #3 team easily. Lost the toss and bowled, Gillespie removed the top three and the other bowlers all took wickets to knock them over for 134. Chased that down for the loss of one wicket, with Bridge (62*) and Berry (51*) making most of the runs.

Finished second in the league with 12 wins, 2 losses and NRR of 15.10. The #1 team had the same number of points but a higher NRR. :(

Best players this season:

Cuss: 1174 runs @ 130.44, SR 100.1, 6x100, 3x50, HS 160.
Gillespie: 51 wickets @ 10.80, SR 13.76, Econ 4.71, 3x5w, BB 8-30 and 389 runs @ 38.90, SR 95.81, 2x50, HS 97.
Berry: 942 runs @ 94.20, SR 85.20, 2x100, 8x50, HS 124 and 21 wickets @ 30.43, SR 31.43, Econ 5.81, BB 5-68.

Cuss and Berry scored more runs than anyone else in the league (next highest 922) and Gillespie took the most wickets (next highest 36). Also had two other batsmen with averages over 100, so I should be able to do OK next season in Div II. Need to find another decent bowler though. Just sold a pretty ordinary player for 124k so I might just buy one.

ash chaulk

International Captain
i did that from the start ive only picked up one good batsmen

i also bought a cheap sri lankan fast bowler who im training hopefully he'll be good for nexst year

ash chaulk

International Captain
so anyone else get promoted im in div2 number 1 in australia...

looking at the other teams well im going to struggle

Hoggy31

International Captain
I bought this player for $1000, A bargain i reckon because he could grow to be a champion all-rounder
Curtis Joseph - 22 yo, BT Rating=2,020
RH Batsman, RF Bowler, abysmal form, Healthy
An attacking player with respectable leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: abysmal Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: feeble Concentration: woeful
Bowling: mediocre Consistency: feeble
Fielding: feeble

nibbs

International Captain
how are your teams made up skill wise???
mine is...

1. Hamshaw; Proficient Bat/ Mediocre Bowling
2. Wheat; Feeble Bat/ Proficient Keeper
3. Lennon; Respectable Bat
4. Fry; Respectable Bat
5. Cuss; Competent Bat
6. Willets; Competenet Bat
7. Livermore; Mediorce Bat
8. Holmes; Feeble Bat, Surperb Bowler
9. Henshaw; Respectable Bowler
10. Sheffield; Competent Bowler
11. O'Grady; Respectable Bowler

ash chaulk

International Captain
yeh i bought this sri lankan for $1000 too....

Thilian Ratnayake - 19 yo, BT Rating=5,463
LH Batsman, LF Bowler, strong form, Healthy
A cautious player with worthless leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: proficient Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: woeful Concentration: feeble
Bowling: woeful Consistency: woeful
Fielding: woeful

ash chaulk

International Captain
1. Nash Respectable Bat
2. Wainwright Respectable Bat Competent Bowl
3. Lockwood Respectable Bat
4. Benamar Competent Bat
5. Allsopp Competet Bat
6. Kenna Competent Bat
7. Seager Competent Bat Strong Keeper
8. Preece Feeble RM Bowl
9. Garrick Respectable Spin Bowl
10. Keeling Competent RFM Bowl
11. Beevers Respectable Spin Bowl

just looking to replace Preece

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
^Nice lineups. Mine at the moment:

1. Cuss - Superb Bat
2. Bridge - Respectable Bat
3. Berry - Strong Bat/Competent LF Bowl (5)
4. Gillespie - Proficient Bat/Strong RF Bowl (1)
5. Barrett - Competent Bat
6. Gillete - Competent Bat/Proficient WK
7. Rocastle - Competent Bat
8. Begg/Hatch - Competent Bat
9. Oddy - Feeble Bat/Competent LM Bowl (4)
10. Male - Proficient RM Bowl (2)
11. Badley - Respectable LF Bowl (3)

Just need a decent spinner. I have a mediocre 19yo spinner who I am training at the moment, who will probably be in the lineup once he pops to competent. Top order batting is awesome at the moment, hoping for a couple of the competent batsmen in the middle order to pop to respectable soon. Got a couple of good allrounders in Gillespie and Berry which allows me to bat down to 8.

Last edited:

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Just got an account myself, think I hired too many staff... what's the average sort of income people get from attendances?

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Scaly piscine said:
Just got an account myself, think I hired too many staff... what's the average sort of income people get from attendances?
On the default ground sizes (i.e. unexpanded), if you sell out your home games (which you should do, later in the season) you get £37,300. You also get a £37,500 FC subsidy each week (since there are no FC games at the moment). Friendlies only give you a few grand as attendances are much lower. So you should manage >£100,000 per fortnight in gate receipts.

ash chaulk

International Captain
invest in youth.... buy some youth with over proficient stats in either batting or bowling and train them.... wait til after your first game as to whether you should build more stands

Status
Not open for further replies.