• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

5th Test at The Oval, London

a massive zebra

International Captain
Smith started this innings as the 15th highest Aussie run scorer in a series with 671. He's now 9th with 707 passing Bradman, himself, Morris, Walters, Chappell and Ponting.

Next 5 targets are pretty telling on where Smith stands.

8. Bradman 715
7. Bradman 758
6. Smith 769
5. Bradman 806
4. Bradman 810
Also, if he gets to 767 it will be the most runs in a 5 match post war Ashes series, beating Alastair Cook down under in 2010/11.

Last edited:

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Pretty much
OK. Someone's just quoted the relevant law on cricinfo, so I'm not arguing the facts of the matter, but I don't understand why it's against the rules. Obviously the bits about 'distracting' and 'obstructing' make sense.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
OK. Someone's just quoted the relevant law on cricinfo, so I'm not arguing the facts of the matter, but I don't understand why it's against the rules. Obviously the bits about 'distracting' and 'obstructing' make sense.
Dunno why the rule was changed either, always found it funny. But the rule has changed so it's annoying it wasn't enforced here

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I don't know who this third umpire is but he's absolutely rubbish at actually picking up edges on rts isn't he?