Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 2 of 125 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
Like Tree307Likes

Thread: 5th Test at The Oval, London

International Vice-Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillian Thomson View Post
    A drawn series would mean Australia haven’t won The Ashes. Just keep them based on some technicality going back to the 1800’s.
    This would elicit a lot of rubbish parochial based posting based on a tournament that has no relevance to this one.

And I say that as a Kiwi who says that England won a World Cup, fair and square.
    JBMAC likes this.

International Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveNZ View Post
    This would elicit a lot of rubbish parochial based posting based on a tournament that has no relevance to this one.

And I say that as a Kiwi who says that England won a World Cup, fair and square.
    It was a joke to parody the aforementioned parochial based posting.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Imagine how much the Aussies would moan though?

International Coach Starfighter's Avatar
    We can cancel this test.

We managed to beat England at the Oval after the sixty all out test in 2015, no reason why England can't do the same here. Surely Smith has got to fail at some point, even Bradman had some failures in 1930.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Burgey's Avatar
    He failed in the second dig of the last test

International Coach
    The early signs are for a bit of an Indian summer for the Oval area for the next week or so. It'll still be a bit chilly for the spectators and the sunset will start around 6pm, but it's looking dry.

International Vice-Captain aussie tragic's Avatar
    So sorry England. Smith averages 144.00 at the oval with scores of 138*, 7, 143.

International Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by aussie tragic View Post
    So sorry England. Smith averages 144.00 at the oval with scores of 138*, 7, 143.
    Bradman was averaging about 185 but still got a duck in his final innings.

Will you join in our crusade? Who will be strong and stand with me?
    Quote Originally Posted by aussie tragic View Post
    So there is a 1 in 3 chance he'll score less than 10.........I'll take that.
    Quote Originally Posted by trundler View Post
    I don't want to follow Gnske for obvious reasons. Setting me up for failure.

Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    best to learn that feeling early and get used to it

International Vice-Captain aussie tragic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillian Thomson View Post
    Bradman was averaging about 185 but still got a duck in his final innings.
    Yeah but this is Smith we're talking about where his only 'fail' this series was 82 off 90 odd balls when going for it. Here he can take his time and bat for 2 days

How nice would a Smith triple be here. Would cement him as the second from GOAT.
    JBMAC and Burgey like this.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Burgey's Avatar
    It will be interesting to see the approach England takes for this match. A very short turn around so I'm not sure whether Stokes will be able to bowl. Presumably Overton did enough to keep his spot, and certainly the openers and Root are secure. Do they give any or all of Roy, Bairstow and Buttler the last match, or do they make some changes with a view to the future given there's slightly less pressure now the Ashes are not on the line (albeit they want to level the series, of course).

It's also a very short turn around for our bowlers, particularly Cummins who showed the first signs of fatigue late yesterday, although he was still magnificent. Do they rest him to ensure his home summer? And do they stick with Starc, who may be better for the run and wasn't terrible but isn't as unerringly accurate as the others in the squad?

The Oval used to be quite fast and bouncy a few years back. If that's the case it may favour Starc, especially if it's dry. I seem to remember there being a bit of reverse there from time to time as well.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie

“The modern conservative is engaged in one of man’s oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."
    - JK Galbraith
    Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    You need to clap a cows c**** over your head and get a woolly bull to f**** some sense into you.

"Do you know why I have credibility? Because I don't exude morality." - Bob Hawke
    #FreeShri
    #408. Sixty three not out forever.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend morgieb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    It will be interesting to see the approach England takes for this match. A very short turn around so I'm not sure whether Stokes will be able to bowl. Presumably Overton did enough to keep his spot, and certainly the openers and Root are secure. Do they give any or all of Roy, Bairstow and Buttler the last match, or do they make some changes with a view to the future given there's slightly less pressure now the Ashes are not on the line (albeit they want to level the series, of course).

It's also a very short turn around for our bowlers, particularly Cummins who showed the first signs of fatigue late yesterday, although he was still magnificent. Do they rest him to ensure his home summer? And do they stick with Starc, who may be better for the run and wasn't terrible but isn't as unerringly accurate as the others in the squad?

The Oval used to be quite fast and bouncy a few years back. If that's the case it may favour Starc, especially if it's dry. I seem to remember there being a bit of reverse there from time to time as well.
    I'd pick Starc for The Oval, but given the Ashes has already been retained I think I'm probably somewhat in favour of resting Cummins given how short the turnaround is. I think even though we won the opener situation has to change.

Roy probably the only Pom I can realistically see dropped. But even he made starts so I could also see him be retained.
    RIP Craig Walsh (Craig) 1985-2012
    RIP Hughesy 1988-2014. 63* for eternity.

International Captain the big bambino's Avatar
    I hope they don't rest Cummins ... which means I might have to - gulp - consider Marsh.

Edit (and hopefully) if the Oval is true and fastish then it might not be too bad to play Marsh. Heads up anyone on how the Oval plays these days?
    Last edited by the big bambino; 08-09-2019 at 06:16 PM.

Will you join in our crusade? Who will be strong and stand with me?
    Surely you Aussies aren't looking at the Oval as a dead rubber? Fmd, I'd be fuming if they rested Cummins unless he's got a serious niggle.

Everything to play for at The Oval for both sides imo.

Page 2 of 125 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread Information