• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

5th Test at The Oval, London

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not a disastrous move to bring Marsh in like some people are claiming. It's good cover for a Starc off-day plus it lessens Cummins workload, even if he's fit and raring to go, which I assume he is. I would've played the extra batsmen (Wade for Patterson) but this is acceptable if not ideal imo.

What absolutely sucks is Head getting dropped instead of Wade.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Marsh means less left-handers for Broad
left-handers 14 at 13.50
right-handers 5 at 63.40
Think that's reading too far into it, if Marsh was a left-hander who bowls how he does, he'd still likely have played. I think they want the bowling more than they want to minimise Stuart Broad

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wade has great chat at short leg. Head just sits back in gully/midwicket looking like a boring **** and I'm sure most of the alphas in the team don't rate him

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I reckon Lab will end up with 100 test wickets

Think we'll use him as a full time bowler in Asia

And hel get a good crack with the ball at the SCG each summer

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
If you actually take this alpha/beta ****e seriously then you are clearly a terminal moron. Horrific posting, that garbage needs to **** off back to 8chan where it belongs

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
I see so many in the forum against the selection of Marsh. I say he will get either a fifty or take 3 wickets in an innings this test. Anybody up for an avatar bet?