• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

5th Test at The Oval, London

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So Marsh is batting 7 behind Paine? Not likely, in fact the way Langer had him bat 3 in the tour game they'll probably bat him 5 above Wade to emulate Stokes (they shouldn't)
I took into account that he's more of a bowling allrounder (to me) and thus I placed him behind the keeper.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
So we now have 3 top 6 bats averaging in the 20s in their career and Warner totally out of form.

Meanwhile Khawaja and Head were dropped for failing i.e. averaging in the 20s this series.

aussie tragic

International Captain
Langer said one of the main reasons Marsh was dropped is that he was a [fat bastard]. He now says he is the fittest he's ever seen him so his pace might be back up?

morgieb

Jeez, that's a stinker of a call picking Marsh. If they were worried about Cummins breaking down they shouldn't have picked him. There was no reason to drop a batsman when you're already 2-1 up. What had Head done to get dropped anyway over Wade?

TheJediBrah

Head has also been extremely frustrating with 7 scores between 12 and 20 in his 22 innings.
Not so much his scores that have been frustrating but his utter hopelessness at the crease and modes of dismissal. The bloke needs to learn to bloke out a straight one before coming back to Test cricket.

SillyCowCorner1

Not so much his scores that have been frustrating but his utter hopelessness at the crease and modes of dismissal. The bloke needs to learn to bloke out a straight one before coming back to Test cricket.
Every outfit needs a weak link. Flaws, to be exposed.

Spikey

Hope it means Cummins is playing and they've brought him in as cover. Certainly wouldn't be there for his batting.

Also, every player in the squad except for Neser will have played a test now, won't they? Can't recall that happening before.
Everyone bar Wade would have played in 2013

Burgey

The irony in this post is you'll be pumping up Handscombe or some other hapless Victorian's tyres for a spot in the side. The only answer to the middle order question is Patterson. Harris should be dropped like a bad habit for Burns at home as well. He and Bancroft bat in Braille. It's embarrassing.

Burns
Warner
Pillow
TPC
Labushagne
Paterson

should be the top six for the home summer. Paine obviously keeps and captains, then the bowlers should be

Patto
Cummins
Lyon
Haze

with Starc to interchange with Patto

This keeps the winning ratio of only one Victorian in the test side. It is a well known fact that if there is more than one, Australian cricket is in awful shape.

TheJediBrah

The irony in this post is you'll be pumping up Handscombe or some other hapless Victorian's tyres for a spot in the side. The only answer to the middle order question is Patterson. Harris should be dropped like a bad habit for Burns at home as well. He and Bancroft bat in Braille. It's embarrassing.

Burns
Warner
Pillow
TPC
Labushagne
Paterson

should be the top six for the home summer. Paine obviously keeps and captains, then the bowlers should be

Patto
Cummins
Lyon
Haze

with Starc to interchange with Patto

This keeps the winning ratio of only one Victorian in the test side. It is a well known fact that if there is more than one, Australian cricket is in awful shape.
You're woefully ignorant re. my posting habits. Very disappointing. I've been saying that Patterson should have been a certain Test starter for months.

the big bambino

International Captain
So Warner and Harris, who have tailender averages, get retained but Head loses his spot? And if you had to keep the openers then why not chop Wade for Marsh instead? All I can think is that ton Wade scored at Brum has given him free tickets to a lot of dances. And the work ethic thingy is now a factor for Usman's future prospects.

Honestly its the sort of decision that really takes the air out of you after the great win at OT. Our selectors really know how to take an advantage and piss it up the wall. fair enough they brought Marsh in to cover for Cummins who was more cooked than crocked and maybe for Lyon if his split finger depresses his effectiveness. But how the magic bullet found Head instead of Wade, Warner or Harris will have to be the subject of an inquiry.

TheJediBrah

I'm not a fan of Warner and Harris being retained either. Khawaja should have come back in at the top.

FBU

International Debutant
Marsh means less left-handers for Broad
left-handers 14 at 13.50
right-handers 5 at 63.40

aussie tragic

International Captain
Aussie Series Averages

Head - 27.28
Siddle - 26.50
Wade - 25.12
Pattinson - 23.00
Paine - 22.57
Khawaja - 20.33
Harris - 11.50
Warner - 9.87

Aussie selectors: These Ashes are too easy with Smith! Lets drop Head, Siddle, pattinson and Khawaja to make the batting more fair