• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Progressive team of the series

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
As at day three, fourth test:

Burns
Some bloke off the street walking past with his dog
Root
Smith.exe
Labuschagne
Stokes
Bairstow
Cummins
Broad
Lyon
Hazlewood

12th: Archer

morgieb

lolz @ the bloke walking off the street.

Not having Archer doesn't feel right but hard to see who he displaces as long as you're picking a conventional lineup. Can't really argue with anything else. I don't think Bairstow's been good, but he's probably been better than Paine....

vcs

Trying to work out the political leanings of cricketers is pure guesswork.

morgieb

Trying to work out the political leanings of cricketers is pure guesswork.
Given that cricket is a rich guy's sport in most parts of the world, probably rather conservative on average.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
As at day three, fourth test:

Burns
Some bloke off the street walking past with his dog
Root
Smith.exe
Labuschagne
Stokes
Bairstow
Cummins
Broad
Lyon
Hazlewood

12th: Archer
Not sure I can argue with any of that.

vcs

The no-ball alone wipes out any good he's done (sticking with Stokes in the last match was not some extraordinary effort, he only had to face 17 balls in total).

Lyon bowled Australia to victory in the first match.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
The no-ball alone wipes out any good he's done (sticking with Stokes in the last match was not some extraordinary effort, he only had to face 17 balls in total).

Lyon bowled Australia to victory in the first match.
Yeah it was a doddle staying with Stokes for the last wicket

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'd promote Root to open instead of the random guy off the street, bump Labuschagne to 3 and play Head at 5. Head hasn't been great but I think he's been next best.