• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Steve Smith

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
And he can only refuse to play off the front foot because he just seems to judge length that bit faster than everyone else and plays it late. If he wasn't so serious you'd reckon he was just taking the piss half the time.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
And he can only refuse to play off the front foot because he just seems to judge length that bit faster than everyone else and plays it late. If he wasn't so serious you'd reckon he was just taking the piss half the time.
He definitely looks like he's taking the piss when he's batting. Always looks to be playing a different game from everyone else.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm thinking it's just something he's done to counter the moving ball in England, and come first Test at home next summer he'll go back to playing full balls off the front foot

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm thinking it's just something he's done to counter the moving ball in England, and come first Test at home next summer he'll go back to playing full balls off the front foot
Probably.

He's got the most adaptability of any test cricketer I've ever seen. Plays each set of conditions uniquely. He's got Bene Gesserit levels of control over his body.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
He definitely looks like he's taking the piss when he's batting. Always looks to be playing a different game from everyone else.
He actually looks like a first grader who's dropped down to the fifths to play a one-dayer for a weekend because his brother's wedding is on next Sat and the firsts play two-dayers.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Playing under a fake name because he wasn't meant to drop down more than two grades.

aussie tragic

International Captain
Smith has now averaged 82.56 over his last 20 tests with 11 hundreds.

Now I almost know how people must have felt in the 1930's when watching Bradman, just missing the big double and triple centuries but still unbelieveable!

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Yeah this dude is just playing a different game to everyone else.

I cringe every time I hear him speak - but clearly it’s because he’s using 100% of his brainpower on batting.

The last Australian cricketer I enjoyed watching this much was Glenn McGrath.

Last edited:

halba

International 12th Man
Smith has now averaged 82.56 over his last 20 tests with 11 hundreds.

Now I almost know how people must have felt in the 1930's when watching Bradman, just missing the big double and triple centuries but still unbelieveable!
not as much bouncers with bradman era, so pretty much roughly on par with bradman . A close as f**k modern day version.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Yeah this dude is just playing a different game to everyone else.

I cringe every time I hear him speak - but clearly it’s because he’s using 100% of his brainpower on batting.

The last Australian cricketer I enjoyed watching this much was Glenn McGrath.
What's wrong with the way he speaks?