• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Final tour match vs Derbyshire

aussie tragic

International Captain
I don't know what to make of the Harris and Khawaja 50's given it's against U19/ 2nd XI bowling in a side that the first XI is 3rd bottom in Division 2?

Spark

Global Moderator
I don't know what to make of the Harris and Khawaja 50's given it's against U19/ 2nd XI bowling in a side that the first XI is 3rd bottom in Division 2?
Harris I feel is more concerning in that regard. 48 runs out of 64 in boundaries; that doesn't really tell us a lot against this calibre of attack.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Harris I feel is more concerning in that regard. 48 runs out of 64 in boundaries; that doesn't really tell us a lot against this calibre of attack.
Yeah I never like to see that from a Test contender, all that shows that they belted the bad balls but didn't do enough when the bowling was tight. A better attack would sort that out big time.

aussie tragic

International Captain
Derbyshire has now bowled 8 bowlers, however not Reece who is the leading wkt taker for them this season. Is he injured or are they just taking the piss?

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
It's looks like at the moment that du Plooy might be about to top score again. He's a South African Kolpak and there are holes in the England middle order. :D

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Marsh bowled quite a bit in the first innings within the context of the innings length. Perhaps they're thinking of squeezing him in there somehow.

Bijed

International Regular
All Starc's performance in this tour match proves is that he can run through batting lineups that are a long way from being test standard

So yeah, he'll probably do well if he plays in the next test

aussie tragic

International Captain
Based on this game I'm predicting Wade and Pattinson to be dropped for 4th Test.

Khawaja and Starc definitely play, final spot between Harris and Marsh.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
It’s a shame in some ways that tour matches have been reduced to this. Touring teams used to play 5 Test Matches, first class matches against all 17 (pre-Durham) Counties, plus first class matches against the MCC and TN Pearce XI, and also non first class matches against the Universities and Minor Counties. It was all good competitive cricket with touring side against the County side being a big occasion against the County first XI.

Test_Fan_Only

First Class Debutant
The gulf in class between the two teams makes taking anything from performances in it questionable. I hope selections for the 4th test team largely ignore this match, performances in the tests should count massively more.