• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

4th Test at Old Trafford, Manchester

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Seriously, this is a decent enough batting surface and imo of the right pace for one of the spuds (Roy etc) to score if they go for it. 350 is still a way off, and the lack of discipline and application just keeps counting us.

Victor Ian

International Coach
These guys just have no awareness. Smith is making the statement. No one else needs to. They just need to hand around and let him keep on making it.

Spark

Global Moderator
Seriously, this is a decent enough batting surface and imo of the right pace for one of the spuds (Roy etc) to score if they go for it. 350 is still a way off, and the lack of discipline and application just keeps counting us.
I actually think England's lack of bowling discipline yesterday is hiding the amount of assistance the bowlers can get from this pitch tbh

social

Most of our batsmen aren’t good enough

It’s really that simple

Starfighter

Leach is providing everything that Moeen wasn't. Discipline, consistency, and actually sending the ball somewhere near the stumps.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Thought that was former CWer Jono in the crowd there, but he’s busy doing other things these days

TheJediBrah

I feel like they gave up on getting Smith out in a conventional manner way too quickly. Now he's just being gifted singles off the quicks

Spark

Global Moderator
I feel like they gave up on getting Smith out in a conventional manner way too quickly. Now he's just being gifted singles off the quicks
It's weird because the one conventional spell they bowled to him this morning actually could have gotten him out on a few occasions

Burgey

Paine really suffers from lack of intent with the bat. By that I mean he has no intention of rotating the strike. It’s terrible. Ones going to have your name on it eventually.

Omg just saw wade’s shot. Wtaf

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Hats off to Smith. What a player, and what a series he's having. I really hope he doesn't get booed when he gets his hundred.