• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tim Paine fail thread

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Still my favourite Tim Paine stat is that Darren Lehmann has a more recent FC century than him.

Shouldn't even be playing FC cricket anymore. A national embarrassment.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
I hope they don’t so he can just bat.

And bat.

And bat.
well captaincy didn't really restrict his ability to bat...and bat...and bat...in the past, did it? the question is, is he really that good a captain tactically though other than his obvious ability to lead from the front?

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
With Cummins, Pattinson and Starc all reasonably decent with the bat, I'd prefer we just picked the best keeper in Australia, to make sure Lyon keeps being as effective as he can be.

I also think that they've anointed Carey next test captain, so hey.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Carey has never led South Australia, I can't fathom why anybody is talking about him as a future captain. If his leadership was so highly rated why did SACA go for Jake Lehmann over him for the one day cup last season?

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Carey has never led South Australia, I can't fathom why anybody is talking about him as a future captain. If his leadership was so highly rated why did SACA go for Jake Lehmann over him for the one day cup last season?
I think he seems groomed to some degree by CA, in any case I think that's why they were picking him so much at ODI level. Agree it's a weird move when the regular SA captain is already in the side....

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
I think he seems groomed to some degree by CA, in any case I think that's why they were picking him so much at ODI level. Agree it's a weird move when the regular SA captain is already in the side....
I don't even think he has ever led Glenelg ffs. Tom Plant (anyone remember him?) was their usual captain

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Worst captain I've experienced in my lifetime, and I saw a captain go close to ruining Australian cricket.