• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd Test at Headingley, Leeds

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He never made a big score, but Carbs was ballsy AF against Johnson and Harris out here. I reckon he was the best non-Cook opener you’ve had since Strauss. Should have been persisted with and very sad he took ill
Carbs was way better than the ones that followed. As was Compton to be fair but we had higher expectations back then.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm also beginning to think the Dukes ball is too bowler-friendly. (I'm aware this will be unpopular)
It hasn't swung much at all this season. It's these dry but soft pitches you can dig the ball into. That's why it's the cutters, sorry 'wobble seam balls' that have been getting the wickets. England have forgotten how to prepare a hard wicket. Plus these two batting lineups are absolute piss.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bit of a Bancroft innings from Denly, sticking around long enough to put his ineptitude beyond all doubt. He'd have been better getting out first ball.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Carbs was way better than the ones that followed. As was Compton to be fair but we had higher expectations back then.
It's crazy how much worse the standards have got. Even Robson would've probably gotten more of a crack of the whip with today's batting lineup.

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Well I said yesterday Australia had retained the Ashes while Warner and Labuschagne were spanking it about.

Definitely happening now.