• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd Test at Headingley, Leeds

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm a bit worried he could be Archer's bunny and he isn't good 'foil' for Warner but otherwise he's a lot better than Bancroft so good move.

Burgey

They're going to run with five of six lefties itn eh top order?

Then again, no one GsAF if there's five right handers I suppose.

At least there'll be a lot of rough for Lyon with all the round the wicket bowling going on.

91Jmay

International Coach
Some **** in their top 4 will score a big hundred probably now. Starc at Headingley, didn't he destroy us here once a few years ago. Reckon the Saffer will probably come good

Last edited:

howardj

International Coach
Australia are set to bring a major selection shock with Marcus Harris poised to replace Cameron Bancroft at the top of the order for the third Ashes Test.

The Daily Telegraph also understands firebrand quick James Pattinson looks set to return to the side in place of his Victorian teammate Peter Siddle.

Australia’s likely XI: Marcus Harris, David Warner, Usman Khawaja, Marnus Labuschagne, Travis Head, Matthew Wade, Tim Paine (c), Pat Cummins, Josh Hazlewood, James Pattinson, Nathan Lyon

91Jmay

International Coach
Australia are set to bring a major selection shock with Marcus Harris poised to replace Cameron Bancroft at the top of the order for the third Ashes Test.

The Daily Telegraph also understands firebrand quick James Pattinson looks set to return to the side in place of his Victorian teammate Peter Siddle.

Australia’s likely XI: Marcus Harris, David Warner, Usman Khawaja, Marnus Labuschagne, Travis Head, Matthew Wade, Tim Paine (c), Pat Cummins, Josh Hazlewood, James Pattinson, Nathan Lyon
That's a terrifying pace attack. We are ****ed.

Gob

International Coach

Cummins first change then?

Burgey

I think Tom Flint should concentrate on being one of CW's worst sporadic posters (which he plainly is) rather than carry on with these type of antics in the lead up to a test match. He is clearly trying to do nothing more than distract other members with his exaggerated and misguided gestures.

Last edited:

Burgey

Some **** in their top 4 will score a big hundred probably now. Starc at Headingley, didn't he destroy us here once a few years ago. Reckon the Saffer will probably come good
This isn't like you to be so pessimistic mate. What's doing?

91Jmay

International Coach
This isn't like you to be so pessimistic mate. What's doing?
I appreciate your heartfelt concern for my wellbeing, but I was convinced we were going to get hammered in this series but it turns out Aus batting line up really is dog**** and now losing it would be really annoying,

Burgey

FMD, imagine what'll happen in the aftermath of Archer bouncing Patto. he'll go ****ing nuts.

Burgey

I appreciate your heartfelt concern for my wellbeing, but I was convinced we were going to get hammered in this series but it turns out Aus batting line up really is dog**** and now losing it would be really annoying,
Never mind. One of life's lessons is your initial gut instinct is most often right. Run with that, and rest easy when the flogging is dispensed.

91Jmay

International Coach
Never mind. One of life's lessons is your initial gut instinct is most often right. Run with that, and rest easy when the flogging is dispensed.
If we lose 2/3 nil to this Aussie team it is worse than the whitewashes imo. Tim ****ing Paine, he filts between you playing with 10 players to us playing with 12 when he starts actively helping us,

Burgey

Betcha he makes a fifty this test. And let's be honest, his keeping is better than Bairstow's.

91Jmay

International Coach
Betcha he makes a fifty this test. And let's be honest, his keeping is better than Bairstow's.
Both are ordinary with gloves, Bairstow has more than 1 First Class hundred. When you can make Smith captain again and pick Carey that will be a massive upgrade.

TheJediBrah

I'm not sure it is tbh. Bairstow has been decent, and Paine has been disappointing. They've probably been about the same but I expected a lot more from Paine as a keeper. Especially given that he can't even ****ing bat.