• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd Test at Headingley, Leeds

Second Spitter

State Vice-Captain
Pattinson looks a decent 8. He's certainly above 'no mug' or 'can a bat a bit'. I'd have him just below the 'solid' level.
I am all for having 4 quicks and Lyon in the line-up, if three of the quicks are Patto, Starc and Cummins. Admittedly, Starc's batting has regressed in recent years.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What’s the playing condition wrt Archer bowling after his rest break? Does a new day nullify the time off,

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yes, however they also absolutely have to win one of the next two, and draw another. So blowing your load here wouldn't be very smart. Quality over quantity matters too of course. Clarke in 13/14 with Johnson a proven case. At a minimum, Root lacks imagination as a captain. And that's being kind.
To be fair to Root, he didn't exactly have an inspiring captaincy role model in Cook.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
How many less runs would Australia have scored if England had a third man and competent ground fielding? Must be over 100.
At the risk of sounding like “all our yesterdays”, it used to be a third man and no mid-on, invite the the batsman to drive with protection for anything that goes through the slips.

artvandalay

State Vice-Captain
Which was the game where mark butcher scored a century in the 4th innings to win it for england ? I remember the pitch easing out against all expectations and a McGrath less attack(?) getting panned for not being able to defend it.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sides usually do a lot better next innings after a collapse, and I fully expect this crack england outfit to double their first innings total second time around here.
I can't find the laughing emoji on my phone, so hahahahaha. Very good!

Uppercut

At the risk of sounding like “all our yesterdays”, it used to be a third man and no mid-on, invite the the batsman to drive with protection for anything that goes through the slips.
Probably worried the bowler would bowl too wide to a field like that.

TheJediBrah

lmfao did they seriously just go through all of that to get it changed to leg byes instead of runs? Expect something like that from Stuart "Malfoy" Broad tbh