• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tour Game: Worcestershire vs Australia

aussie tragic

International Captain
So much for Harris outplaying Bancroft this game...

"Justin Langer has said it would be "hard to change a winning team" and endorsed opener Cameron Bancroft for the second Ashes Test at Lord's next week."

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah dropping Bancroft would be harsh given the circumstances. Now if he fails again....

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah I have no problem with this, give Bancroft at least a couple of games to prove his worth, to do otherwise would be far too kneejerkish for my liking. Remain unconvinced about him, as much technically as anything, but certainly wouldn't drop him for Lords

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He's a damn good short leg at least

After hating Marsh for so long I actually feel bad for the guy because he's an absolute joke amongst cricket fans now. I wouldn't mind him coming in and succeeding.

But I have zero faith he'd be able to. Looked shot in his last test run

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
I thought you said he has damn good short legs :laugh:

Kinda like when Aggers describes a field and says the captain has two square legs, one shorter than the other...

TheJediBrah

He's a damn good short leg at least

After hating Marsh for so long I actually feel bad for the guy because he's an absolute joke amongst cricket fans now. I wouldn't mind him coming in and succeeding.

But I have zero faith he'd be able to. Looked shot in his last test run
Did he? He averaged >100 in the home ashes then made 95 in the first Test in SA. Then he would have only had a few bad games right?

Burgey

Uzzy should open, everyone else move up a spot and slip another middle-order batsman in. Ideally KPat but I guess since he's not there either Labu or Marsh? Not my first choices but at least you'll get a few overs out of them and they'll probably do more with the bat down there then whoever you pick to open.
Labushagne should bar three in that scenario, given who’s available in the squad

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Did he? He averaged >100 in the home ashes then made 95 in the first Test in SA. Then he would have only had a few bad games right?
I remembered he did **** all when he got repicked last summer. I see it was only one test but he failed twice and I recall them being terrible shots at crucial times