Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Tour Game: Worcestershire vs Australia

International Regular Victor Ian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJediBrah View Post
    I can't see it ever happening. We don't need 5 bowlers, we need batsmen. Leaving out a batsman to play a 4th unnecessary seamer? nah
    The rational me agrees. The dreamer just wishes to see these four all play (in form) as we all hoped some years ago. But mostly, I just want to see Haze back in form.

Stranger leering through a pair of binoculars
    Itís just your mates opinion right?

This is getting embarrassing

International Captain the big bambino's Avatar
    Can't see why. Just differing opinions that haven't been settled. Fanbois shouldn't take it as a personal attack on their idol.

Quote Originally Posted by the big bambino View Post
    Can't see why. Just differing opinions that haven't been settled. Fanbois shouldn't take it as a personal attack on their idol.
    How can anything be a personal attack when you havenít even posted his opinion

You could just say my mate Roy reckons so and so. Could have been interesting but youíve gone down some weird path

Quote Originally Posted by GotSpin View Post
    How can anything be a personal attack when you haven’t even posted his opinion

You could just say my mate Roy reckons so and so. Could have been interesting but you’ve gone down some weird path
    Well you seem rather emotional and taking it personally. I mean coward! Really ...

I suppose but he's not here to defend himself. I mentioned it because it made me stop and think how impressionable getting your opinion from an echo chamber can be (no need to take even more offence - just the best choice of words I can come up with). He made me think that maybe I've been making excuses for performances that don't meet expectations. So I don't need to mention what he says. Just that its had an effect on what I've thought and I'll have to see what happens before deciding.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Burgey's Avatar
    I think we need to start with the usual presumption, that a Qlder's opinions are, prima facie, wrong.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie

ďThe modern conservative is engaged in one of manís oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."
    - JK Galbraith
    Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    You need to clap a cows c**** over your head and get a woolly bull to f**** some sense into you.

"Do you know why I have credibility? Because I don't exude morality." - Bob Hawke

#408. Sixty three not out forever.

Fair enough. He comes from Canberra and only moved there. Does that count?

Request Your Custom Title Now! Burgey's Avatar
    Twice as wrong then.

Quote Originally Posted by the big bambino View Post
    Well you seem rather emotional and taking it personally. I mean coward! Really ...

I suppose but he's not here to defend himself. I mentioned it because it made me stop and think how impressionable getting your opinion from an echo chamber can be (no need to take even more offence - just the best choice of words I can come up with). He made me think that maybe I've been making excuses for performances that don't meet expectations. So I don't need to mention what he says. Just that its had an effect on what I've thought and I'll have to see what happens before deciding.
    Does he think Starc should be there instead? I would have enjoyed this discussion. Oh well
    cricket rules brah

Hall of Fame Member TheJediBrah's Avatar
    This has been really weird, I thought we were joking.

Did we really just get a full page of "I heard an interesting opinion from a friend, but I don't think I'll tell you in case it's wrong" . . . "come on tell us" . . . "nah" ??
    Daemon and Kippax like this.

So strange. It could have been an interesting discussion

International Vice-Captain aussie tragic's Avatar
    How many wkts does Haze or Starc need to replace Siddle in 2nd Test? I'm thinking a fivefor here should do it.

But as Siddle not here to defend his position, unlikely to be a change unless a 10fer is taken?

Request Your Custom Title Now!
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJediBrah View Post
    This has been really weird, I thought we were joking.
    bambino always takes everything super seriously, you should've known better

Quote Originally Posted by aussie tragic View Post
    How many wkts does Haze or Starc need to replace Siddle in 2nd Test? I'm thinking a fivefor here should do it.

But as Siddle not here to defend his position, unlikely to be a change unless a 10fer is taken?
    It's odd because Siddle and Patto were tearing up FC and Starc and Hazelwood had been dropping the ball in tests. So one good FC performance from one of the latter pair and deciding to switch it up again seems short sighted. If Starc comes in and takes 2-100 while the guy he replaced kills it in a soft tour match do you shake things up yet again.

You talk about needing a five fer to force their way back in, but a 5 fer is almost bound to happen for one of them when the other quicks are Neser and Marsh competing for scraps

I remember on ICC bowling my favourites into the ground coz eventually they'd take 5 wickets if you kept them on long enough

We've just won a test in England with this new lot after losing a series in Australia with the old batch. Seems like they should at least wait til we at least lose a match before they give Starc another go. It's not like batting where you can point to 4-5 failures, even in a winning side, and declare someone dead weight. You can do a great job with the ball and not get rewarded with wickets, which I feel Patto and Siddle did, except for one over with Patto when the match was essentially done. As soon as he bowled it I knew people would be knee jerk declaring him overhyped
    Last edited by mr_mister; 08-08-2019 at 12:21 AM.

Hall of Fame Member TheJediBrah's Avatar
    Any talk of dropping Patto, unless he's got actual current fitness issues, is laughable. He outbowled Cummins for most of the match (except for the last day).

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information